Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:01 am

Hi Trixmoto.
should it work with MediaMonkey 3.0? I get this error:

Regards
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:03 am

@paulmt - Thanks. I'll get this sorted in the next version! I've already got a couple of other ideas, but I thought I'd release these fixes to hopefully get people's ratings sorted! :)

@Big_Berny - Nope, it will need modifying for MM3. I'm waiting till the beta versions though, as the database structure will have been finalised by then.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:11 am

Ah ok. So I'll wait for MM 3 Beta... :)

Nice script by the way.
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:14 am

I'm glad you like. I've added MM versions to the thread titles of my more active threads, so hopefully that will make this clearer for others as well. A more detailed summary can be found in my "All Scripts" post.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

RedX

Post by RedX » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:34 am

Thx for another great update trix i really like the new similar artist panel :)

I did not have any problems until now :)

One thing i noticed thou that is not really a bug since all panels work so. If you click on similar artist and select other albums, if there are no results it just vanishes (the same if similar artist is empty). Well that's kind of bad if you want then switch back to similar artists since you have to go into the options menu.
Maybe you could put a button in the toolbar for it or add it to the main context menu of Rok on the current playing artist. HWere selected and now playing can be chosen.

Thx,
red

djoer

Error in Microsoft VBScript

Post by djoer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:47 am

I do not think this has anything to do with your script trixmoto, but someone in thread may know why I get this error message when I try to start mediamonkey with monkeyrok:

Error #429 - Error in Microsoft VBScript
Activex-component can not create object.: 'scripting.file.system'
File: "C:\...\...\...\MonkeyRok.vbs" Line: 24 Column: 10

Translated the Error message from Swedish so it is probably not 100% the same as in in the English version of windows. I use Windows Vista. Maybe Vista is the reason I have problems?

Anyone has a solution?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:03 am

@RedX - I will not hide this panel when there are no results in the next version.

@djoer - This is probably because an anti-virus or other security software is blocking this script from accessing the filesystem object. This is pretty sensible, but this script needs to access it for good reasons. I promise there's nothing malicious! :)

andryx

Post by andryx » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:20 pm

Thanks for this great script trixmoto!
This should definitely be included in mm3 in my opinion.

the ratings are fixed now in my locale (it) everywhere except in "album featuring", when not all the tracks in the album are rated.

Another little thing i've noted is when the artist contains characters like "ó", similar artists is not displayed even if they are present in last.fm.

Finally a suggestion:
when mediamonkey starts and no track is playing the script could show some informations about the database like total artists, total albums, total genres... like in Amarok.

Thanks again.

RedX

Post by RedX » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:10 pm

andryx wrote:Thanks for this great script trixmoto!
Finally a suggestion:
when mediamonkey starts and no track is playing the script could show some informations about the database like total artists, total albums, total genres... like in Amarok.

Thanks again.
Yeah great idea!

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:10 pm

@andryx - do you have an example of an artist with "ó" in the name? I don't know any! :)

I'll add the library details to the next version.

I don't know about this albums featuring problem. It runs through exactly the same code so I guess it must be something wrong with my SQL. No idea what though! :-?

andryx

Post by andryx » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:38 pm

trixmoto wrote:@andryx - do you have an example of an artist with "ó" in the name? I don't know any! :)
Sigur Rós is the only artist that i know with strange characters, maybe other accented characters could be affected too!
trixmoto wrote:I'll add the library details to the next version.
When nothing is playing maybe you can also add a panel like "album by" with the most played/last added albums!

One last thing: since my music is tagged with both album art and artist image, it would be great if i can see both images, the artist in the info box and the album art in the current album panel. Like it's now they show the same thing. what do you think?

RedX

Post by RedX » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:00 pm

Well another thing that is still happening is on the selected artist thing:

object required 'document(...)'

But no problem whatsoever with now playing

and if you want another artist with ó: Nenhum de nós
i don't get any similar artist that matches on this artist.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:17 am

This character is not in the standard ascii set, but is in the extended set. Unfortunately there are multiple "standards" for the extended set, and the two encodings I've found are %F3 and %A2, neither of which work. I've contacted Last.Fm about the extended set and hopefully they'll reply soon.

@RedX - I'll get some error catching around this in the next version.

mattisse

Post by mattisse » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:33 am

Hi trixmoto,

a while ago I reported a bug where the average star rating an album was too high in the "albums featuring" section while it was correct in "current album" section.

I found the reason now. The SQL query is different for "current album" and "albums featuring".
In the first case the Avg (Songs.Rating) is calculated for all songs on the album.
In the second case Avg (Songs.Rating) is calculated only for the songs by the current artist.

To fix it I did the following:

in Functions.vbs replace line 640

Code: Select all

Set iter = SDB.Database.OpenSQL("SELECT Count(1) FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum="&album) 
with

Set iter = SDB.Database.OpenSQL("SELECT Count(1), Avg(Songs.Rating) FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum="&album)
then insert

temp = iter.ValueByIndex(1)
after

If non < tot Then

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:41 am

Thank you very much matisse - I will certainly include this fix in the next version! :)