Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Monkey Rok 4.0 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not sure what an unavailable server page is, especially when we're talking about a local file where no server is involved. Can you please post or email me a screenshot?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
kjaem24

Post by kjaem24 »

It is the exact same page that is displayed on page 79, the second post. I have tried installing as an administrator but only get a series of errors and the same result.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

kjaem24 wrote:It is the exact same page that is displayed on page 79, the second post. I have tried installing as an administrator but only get a series of errors and the same result.
I believe it's possible your install hasn't gone right. It may be your MediaMonkey is not in the default directory??

Try converting the install package to a zip file, open it and manually copy the components across to your mm directory.
Locations would be 1. MonkeyRok Folder <your mm location> \scripts and 2. MonkeyRok.vbs <your mm location> \scripts\auto
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,

Post by Guest »

Monkey Rok installs to the correct folders. Monkey Rok creates a folder in the scripts folder and the .vbs script is sent to the auto folder. I have checked it several times and it installs correctly. I have no idea what is causing this. Monkey Rok was working perfectly before with the same version, Beta .1244. Hmmm. It bothers me because I really like this script. Combined with the songbird skin, it makes MM the best looking media player out there.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What "series of errors" did you get?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
kjaem24

Post by kjaem24 »

First it says that the MM directory cannot be created, and than it gives an error for each script installed, that it cannot be located. I get error after error.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Wow, sounds like you have something a little more serious wrong with your folder permissions. Are you sure you're running MM "as administrator" and not just with an administrator account.
antiduplicity

Post by antiduplicity »

kjaem24 wrote:First it says that the MM directory cannot be created, and than it gives an error for each script installed, that it cannot be located. I get error after error.
That happened to me, then I found out that MM has absolutely no permissions to do anything. I right clicked on the mm folder and checked permissions and no one had any permissions. So I went through and gave admin total control and user/ total control and not it works great.
This is who I am listening to this week
kjaem24

Post by kjaem24 »

Do you mean the MM folder or the icon? I don't even see permissions as an option. How did you go about giving administrative control? Why is this only happening with this script? I have never had this problem before.
xtaticace

Post by xtaticace »

Does anyone here know how to disable the active x warnings for windows 7. I have tried changing the IE 8 settings as mentioned somewhere and changing the registry keys doesn't help either since 7 handles them slightly differently (i.e. zone 0 doesn't have 1201 key under it). I tried changing 1201 under different zones but that didn't help either.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Guest wrote:Monkey Rok installs to the correct folders. Monkey Rok creates a folder in the scripts folder and the .vbs script is sent to the auto folder. I have checked it several times and it installs correctly. I have no idea what is causing this. Monkey Rok was working perfectly before with the same version, Beta .1244. Hmmm. It bothers me because I really like this script. Combined with the songbird skin, it makes MM the best looking media player out there.

FWIW I have just bought a new laptop and so had the opportunity to do clean installs of all things MM.
I installed the Vitreous Blue skin and then the Vitreous Blue MonkeyRok skin.
After a reboot the MonkeyRok pane was displaying incorrectly as shown here

However after going into the MonkeyRok set-up area in MM options and selecting the Vitreous MR theme and re-booting the screen is displaying correctly.

Maybe worth a try if you haven't already?
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
kjaem24

Post by kjaem24 »

Hey man! That's it! It is the skin that is causing the problem. This whole time I was completely focused on Monkey Rok. Since I use the Songbird skin, I had to extract the Monkey Rok Songbird skin and place it in the Monkey Rok Skins Folder. Than, I had to go into MM and manually choose the Songbird Monkey Rok skin. Now it displays perfectly. Thanks a ton!
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

kjaem24 wrote:Hey man! That's it! It is the skin that is causing the problem. This whole time I was completely focused on Monkey Rok. Since I use the Songbird skin, I had to extract the Monkey Rok Songbird skin and place it in the Monkey Rok Skins Folder. Than, I had to go into MM and manually choose the Songbird Monkey Rok skin. Now it displays perfectly. Thanks a ton!
Good stuff :) Lucky I had the new laptop to install to.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

Is there a way to re-order the panels/headings? ex. move "Favourites By" above "Similar Artists" and all other headings to be customizable? Is there a way to change "Album Art" to None? When I click on the 1st heading (album and song name, player controls and album art) to roll it up, the 2nd heading "album name and the list of tracks) folds up with it. Is there a way to roll up just the 1st heading and leave the 2nd open?
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) Yes, edit the "skin.html" file of the skin you are using.

2) Yes, edit the "skin.html" file of the skin you are using, or the "skin.css" file.

3) No, the 2nd is drawn within the 1st. Although possibly you could edit the "skin.html" file to draw them separately.