Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

krishan

Post by krishan »

trixmoto wrote:@krishan - I've already fixed that first problem in version 1.1 but I will also add your second fix. Thanks for taking a look at these.
I just added this code here if someone has the same problem and can't will till version 1.1
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

trixmoto wrote:@Lowlander - I'm trying to keep the number of options down, because this is what oldskool73 wanted, but I will think about adding this one. Although I idea of the script really is to display context information about the current track, so surely the artist of the track is more appropriate?
I agree that "artist" is by far the most useful (at least for me), but there are a few albums for which I'd find if helpful if monkeyrok had access to album artist as the seed value.

eg. an album by a DJ (eg Armin Van Buuren or Tiesto) tend to have original artists in the artist field rather than themselves. Also, I have separated my Various Artist albums into smaller niche V.A. groupings (eg. VA Ministry Of Sound) which would also be nice for MonkeyRok to utilise.

However, if this were never to become available, I wouldn't cry. I still like the way it currently works. Lowlander might have a greatly customised data structure for his album artist field, thus finding this option to be of greater use than most of us.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do to the fact that I use Artist Feat. Artist in many cases MonkeyRok won't display any albums of the artist. Just in case of compilation albums the artist field is of value for MonkeyRok in my case.

If you write a switch into the script that we can switch Artist to Album Artist by editing the script it would be fine too.

PS. I did also request this wild Oldskool73, but he stopped development.

I really hope you do implement this, but for now maybe waiting for MediaMonkey 3.0 to see the multi artist implementation might be wise.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Lowlander - I'll certainly look into implementing this into the next version! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.1) is now available from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed ratings not showing correctly with non-standard values (thanks to Big_Berny)
- Fixed error occurs when showing some album ratings (thanks to RedX)
- Fixed "SetHTMLDocument" error when viewing album art panel
- Fixed conflict with TweakMonkey script (line 414)
- Improved SQL speed and efficiency (thanks to Bex)
- Added option to specify extra song information
- Added option to show lyrics or comments in a text panel
- Added two "Brushed" skins (animated and basic)
- Added options to specify sort orders for album by/featuring panels
- Fixed error when loading blank album art window (thanks to Krishan)
- Added context menu to change "Mode"
- Added context menu to change "Albums by order"
- Added context menu to change "Albums feat. order"
- Added context menu to change "Text panel"
- Added option to use Album Artist instead of Artist for context

Note: Right clicking on the panel headers will reveal relevant options for that panel. And please remember to provide feedback! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Great update, Trix!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Nice! :D
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

Thanks for the update.
It seems that it works much smoother than V1.0 (which lead to some hang-ups)
Even with a Artists which has many many Songs it works really fast.

The only big advantage of Amarok i see is the last.fm querry leading to similar artists. But perhabs this is included in V1.2?
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

Awesome update! I really like being able to add (and turn on/off) the Comments field and the "extra fields". How do I add support in the extra fields for Quality? Others might like to see Tempo, Mood, Occasion, but for me Quality is especially important, mostly because I can't get it added as a column in the main track window.

UPDATE: I figured it out and it was very easy to do. So nevermind.

In ...MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MonkeyRok.vbs I found the following line:

Code: Select all

edt.Common.Hint = "Available fields: <Genre><Year><Length><Bitrate><BPM><Composer><Custom1><Custom2><Custom3>"
...and added the new field I wanted (this doesn't actually do anything, but keeps the change consistent with what's displayed in the options), so it looks like this:

edt.Common.Hint = "Available fields: <Genre><Year><Length><Bitrate><BPM><Composer><Custom1><Custom2><Custom3><Quality>"
Next, I went to ...MediaMonkey\Scripts\MonkeyRok\Functions.vbs and found these lines:

If Not (document.all("info_extra") Is Nothing) Then
      str = Replace(str,"<Genre>",cursong.Genre)
      str = Replace(str,"<Year>",cursong.Year)
      str = Replace(str,"<Length>",Int(cursong.SongLength/1000))
      str = Replace(str,"<Bitrate>",Int(cursong.Bitrate/1000))
      str = Replace(str,"<BPM>",cursong.BPM)
      str = Replace(str,"<Custom1>",cursong.Custom1)
      str = Replace(str,"<Custom2>",cursong.Custom2)
      str = Replace(str,"<Custom3>",cursong.Custom3)
      str = Replace(str,"<Composer>",cursong.Author)
Under that last line, I added my new field I wanted like this:

str = Replace(str,"<Quality>",cursong.Quality)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@holterpolter - I'll look into this for the next version.

@m_bojangles - that's the way to do it! I'll add more fields for the next version so you don't have to make this modification again.

Thanks to all who have praised this release. Is anyone still having problems with the Album By... and Album Featuring... panels?
snacks

Post by snacks »

Just wanted to throw a little more praise your way! Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Excellent work as usual Trixmoto - everything works great.

I still only have one small problem.

Several dozen albums (from 4200 odd) show the album cover correctly in the MonkeyRok panel. When I click on it, it shows the cover window with the little red x in the corner.

I have checked that the cover exists in the album folder and is viewable by other graphics programs - All OK.

The cover is marked as 'Front cover' in properties of all files on the album and no other pix are in the folder or embedded in the files - all OK.

I have deleted the original cover in the folder and replaced it with a random cover from elsewhere - same problem and tests as above - still doesn't display.

Also have deleted the existing cover used by TweakMonkey/MonkeyRok in Artwork folder and restarted Monkey - still won't display even though it has been re added correctlt to the Artwork folder by TweakMonkey/MonkeyRok.

It is only a few albums as mentioned above and no big problem as it is only the exploded view that doesn't work.

All other errors have vanished - thank you very much for all your hard work to make this script another indispensible one in Monkey.
teemac

Post by teemac »

Sorry - that was my post above - my auto login settings won't stick for some reason.

Something I forgot to mention:

I have also rescanned the album folders affected with Monkey and it still makes no difference. MonkeyRok Album Art shows Ok, but exploded view = little red x in a blank window. All other albums work as they should.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

Nice update. :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@teemac - when the album art window shows the full sizes image is used, not the cache image. If you have tracks with linked artwork then this file location will be used. If you have tracks with embedded artwork then the image will be extracted to the cache folder with no reduction in size or quality. Can you let me know which type of artwork the tracks that are not working have?

Again, thanks guys, you make all the hard work well worth it! :D