Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:13 pm

I've noticed myself having a problem with inconsistencies lately. They revolve around people tags (Composer, Conductor, etc.)

It mainly stems from my going through and adding "Producer" information to most of my albums. In doing so, I've ended up with a problem or two. Sometimes the producers are credited in the booklet as Carlos "6 July" Broady some somewhere else down the line, another booklet might have him simply as his real name Carlos Broady or his "stage name" 6 July.

There isn't a way to be able to find 6 July & Carlos Broady and compare, however is there a possibility for a node that could take an entries quoted area and try and match that to other entries (so Carlos "6 July" Broady would be matched up with 6 July) or taking out the quoted area to try and find a match (Carlos "6 July" Broady would find a match for Carlos Broady)

I'm probably the only one that would find something like this useful though. So...

chrisjj

Post by chrisjj » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:00 pm

I doubt keying off quotes would be useful to many others. But what might is keying off entries in an equivalence table, in which each row contained the list of equivalent names for a single entity.
Chris

Bex

Post by Bex » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:27 pm

@Mizery_Made

This seem to be a very specific case so I don't think there's a general solution to solve it within this script. I have been thinking of implement some sort of Spelling checks (Soundex(), Levenshtein distance, etc) and also some "artist exist in other artist" checks but I got bored since it was a bit complex and very, very performance demanding...

For your specific problem, may I suggest that you instead create an Auto-Playlist with each and every variant of the name (use any of). Wouldn't that be helpful?

Btw, Did the new filter thing solve your "exclude"-needs?

@chrisjj
That would perhaps be useful. Maybe sometime in the future I'll have a look at such solution.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

latinmusiclover

Post by latinmusiclover » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:34 pm

I downloaded the latest version, but it says it will only work with 3.03.1137. The latest download from Media Monkey is 3.02.1134. Any ideas? Thanks.

Bex

Post by Bex » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:42 pm

Sure, get the latest version in the Beta forum:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4&start=30
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts

latinmusiclover

Post by latinmusiclover » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:40 pm

Thanks for the update re the Beta. All works fine now. :-)

I have some questions:
1) "Single Album Art" and "all Album Art in Tag"
I still don't really understand what these two nodes do. I store all my album art in the Tags. I check the album art for the listed albums and they seem fine. They're usually a ~20K thumbnail of the cover and identified as Cover "(front)". Yet the node for each identifies the same 10 albums. Can you explain to me what each node shows so I can understand better? Thanks.

2) In the previous version you could exclude directories/folders that you didn't want it to check. Is this possible by some other means. I have a folder where I store incomplete albums. I know these are incomplete and don't want them to appear on the list.

Bex

Post by Bex » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:12 am

1)
Single Album Art:
Displays Albums which have only one Album Art

All Album Art in Tag:
Displays Albums which have all their Album Arts stored in the tag.

2)
It's now done by Filters. Right click on the Main Nodes and select Settings.
You are allowed to set individual Filters per result node.

All My Scripts

latinmusiclover

Post by latinmusiclover » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:47 pm

I have this problem. The same 12 albums appear in "First Album Art in Tag", "Single Album Art", and "All Album Art in Tag". The 12 albums have been checked and each track has the same album art for the same album. I have even saved the album art, then removed it from each track in the album, then added it back in. Each has the same thumbnail and yet each of those 12 albums appears in these three lists.

I just removed the album art from one of the albums and confirmed that all the album and album artist details are identical. The album appeared in the "No Album Art" Node as expected. Then I added the album art for all the tracks of this album. Now it appear in the the three Nodes as above.
Single Album Art:Displays Albums which have only one Album Art
But in the 12 albums listed each tag has the same artwork for each album.
All Album Art in Tag:Displays Albums which have all their Album Arts stored in the tag.
I don't understand the distinction being made here. ALL by tracks have album art stored in the tag. Only 12 albums show up in this Node.

Bex

Post by Bex » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Even if the name of the script is Tagging inconsistencies not all nodes display inconsistencies some of them are just for info.

If the 12 album are displayed in "First Album Art in Tag", "Single Album Art" and "All Album Art in Tag" then it simply means that all tracks in these album have:
- One Album Art stored in the tag
That's it! :D

Try to only use the nodes which is right for you and deselect the others.

All My Scripts

latinmusiclover

Post by latinmusiclover » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:00 pm

I'm really enjoying the new version, but I need some help in making better use of it. Please be patient. :-)

Adding characters to the "InvalidIgnoreList"
Should I add them to the part of the script shown below, immediately after the Ñ and before the " or is it better to add them elsewhere? I don't want to mess up the script or have to redo the additions if the script is updated. I searched in this thread and there's a reference to adding them to the "Options" for the Node but I can't find where to add them when I look at the "Options" page.

Code: Select all

sql(304) = "SELECT 304, ID, '', 'False', NULL, 0 "&_
              "FROM Songs WHERE UPPERW(SongTitle) GLOB '[^A-Z0-9ÅÄÂÃÁÀÆËÊÉÈÏÎÍÌÖÔÕÓÒØÜÛÚÙßÝŸÇÐÑ"
Excluding Folders
I've tried to figure out where in the "Options" or "Filters" this can be done, but I can't figure it out. I found a reference to the Tools -> Options -> Tagging Inconsistencies, but I think that was a previous version. I can't find the page where you can add folders when I check Tools -> Options. Can someone please walk me through how to exclude folders?

dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:32 pm

I have 3 Artists that show up under "Persons With...: as follows

Persons With....
      Node vs Track Case Inconsistencies (3)

Node: 3Lw
                    Track Artists, Album Artist: 3LW (58)

Node: Hit From The Ibc
                    Track Artists: Hit From The IBC (1)

Node: K-CI
                    Track Artists, Album Artist: K-Ci (19)
Note the difference between the case of the names. I have tried everything and can't resolve this issue. I want the NODE name to match the case of the Track Artist name.

Any ideas? Does this need to be fixed at the database level?

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Right click on the node and change it match the track or vice-a-versa if you want the node to match the track.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Well geeez. I tried everything besides that and it is the most obvious thing to do first.

Thank you kindly. Your presence on the forums has been very helpful to me. I don't post much, but I read a lot and learn a lot from other peoples experiences and we all can count on you to provide help and kind understanding words of advice and assistance. *salutes*

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:25 pm

You are quite welcome, I try to be as helpful as the others who have been kind to me. Although it is obvious to some, I had to learn that one the hard way. :-?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

Bex

Post by Bex » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:47 pm

latinmusiclover wrote:I'm really enjoying the new version, but I need some help in making better use of it. Please be patient. :-)

Adding characters to the "InvalidIgnoreList"
Should I add them to the part of the script shown below, immediately after the Ñ and before the " or is it better to add them elsewhere? I don't want to mess up the script or have to redo the additions if the script is updated. I searched in this thread and there's a reference to adding them to the "Options" for the Node but I can't find where to add them when I look at the "Options" page.

sql(304) = "SELECT 304, ID, '', 'False', NULL, 0 "&_
              "FROM Songs WHERE UPPERW(SongTitle) GLOB '[^A-Z0-9ÅÄÂÃÁÀÆËÊÉÈÏÎÍÌÖÔÕÓÒØÜÛÚÙßÝŸÇÐÑ"
Excluding Folders
I've tried to figure out where in the "Options" or "Filters" this can be done, but I can't figure it out. I found a reference to the Tools -> Options -> Tagging Inconsistencies, but I think that was a previous version. I can't find the page where you can add folders when I check Tools -> Options. Can someone please walk me through how to exclude folders?
The options are moved from the "Options Sheet" to right click menus on the "Main Nodes". In there you can do what you are asking for. You also need to create a Filter (File->Manage Filters) which excludes folders. You can then apply that filter to all the Nodes in TI's settings.

Right click on the node "Tagging incosistencies" for general settings.
Right click on "Albums With.." for Album Node selections, etc..

All My Scripts