New Version: Copytags 2.2 (2008-07-18) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Maaspuck,

Are you still developing that script? It seems to be working pretty good - I'm using it regularly - but still with that small but annoying problem that the wait.vbs file opens in a maximized notepad window for EACH file that tags are being copied to.
You have to close notepad manually every time. It's not very serious but it's irritating for sure... can anyone else confirm this?

I looked through your copytags.vbs and it seems to me that line 1040 needs to be changed:

Code: Select all

WShell.Run Chr(34) & SDB.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\CopyTags\Wait.vbs" & Chr(34),1,1
Is there a way to specify it should not OPEN wait.vbs, merely RUN it?
Or is it because I have associated .vbs files with notepad? Of course I could be completely wrong...

Thanks,
Martin
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Replacing

Chr(34) & SDB.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\CopyTags\Wait.vbs" & Chr(34)
by

"wscript " & """" & SDB.ApplicationPath & "Scripts\CopyTags\Wait.vbs" & """"
should work.
Or is it because I have associated .vbs files with notepad?
Yes indeed, but with the above mentioned code change, that doesn't matter anymore.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Maaspuck

sorry for a long silence

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi again,

yes i am still alive and will keep on working on my script... and hopefully also other scripts in the future.

I am very glad to hear that you can use my script during your daily routine and of course I am still very curious about the 'notepad' problem you told about though I can't confirm this. Maybe it's just the reason you mentioned that vbs-files are not associated with notepad. Maybe Steegy's idea solves your problem. I will also test this and tell you the result.

Even if this does not belong into this thread, i would like to say that about 3 weeks ago my son was born. Though I have entered the forum from time to time this leads to a big lack of time for coding... therefore i was very silent during the last weeks.

'See' you

Jan
Last edited by Maaspuck on Sun May 13, 2007 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Congratulations! :D
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MCSmarties

I missed the developments in this thread!

Post by MCSmarties »

I must have overlooked that there were new messages in this thread. Sorry for the silence!

Steegy: thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will try it out next chance I get.

Maaspuck: congratulations!! :D

EDIT: Steegy's fix worked just fine. Thanks a lot!
haltlos

ActiveX Error

Post by haltlos »

That seems to be a VERY usefull script to me. :D
Right now I have the situation that I want to replace quite some mp3's that are of bad sound-quality but have been tagged with special afford.

But sadly I can't cope with that Error happening on Pasting:

Error #-2147418113 - SongsDB.SDBUI
License information for TActiveXHost not found. You cannot use this control in design mode.
...CopyTags.vbs , Line: 676, Column: 6
Any suggestions? :D
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

Maaspuck,

Do you know if your script will copy tags across formats e.g., flac to mp3toys?
Will it copy all tags, or only those supported by MM?
I'm interested in copying the IDs that MusicIP mixer creates...

Thanks
Maaspuck

Answers!

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi,

it's brilliant that there are a lot of people who are interested in my script.

@haltlos
please take a look on your system and search for the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscomctl.ocx" or a "mscomctl.ocx" at another place. I think you must register the 'ocx' file. Please look at http://www.majorgeeks.com/faqshow.php?id=8 for more details. There is also a download link in case you haven't this file. In my script i am using a list control to show lists of files and this control is a part of the ocx-file.
I hope this solves your problem - unfortunately i can't really say where i got this file from as i am installing and uninstalling a lot of programs and also have the .dotnet VBA installed which probably contains this file too.

@urlwolf
I am not sure whether my script can copy tag information while using different source and destination file formats. I haven't tested this yet, because i am using mp3 files only. In case that the tags have the same name i can imagine that the script also works for other files than mp3. But please make a backup of the originals before...
If you use other file formats than mp3 you must not use the albumart function of the script. This is very important as the script does not use the MM to include the albumart into the mp3 files.
Can you explain the ID's the MusicIP Mixer creates? I will also take a closer look at this software. But the main question is, where is the ID stored and is this tag a tag supported by the MM. If it's not supprted by MM, it probably can't be copied by this script unless you copy it with general system function like the albumart feature. But let's have a look.

Regards

Maaspuck
Maaspuck

New Version!

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi all,

i've updated the script. Please read the first post in this thread.

Maaspuck
Miki

Post by Miki »

Script works great for me now man :)
Excellent!

Only 1 thing that i did notice.
I had 2 songs, both the same song, but one skipped.
Same length and file size.

When coyping the tags, and then re-scanning the directory i ahd to change the way that tags are re-scanned.
Because the files were the same size, i ahd to disable the option in 'Library' - Unchecking the "only files with..." box worked though.
Just a note you may want to include somewhere.

Thanks for this great script! :)

Quick Edit: The played count doesnt seem to get copied
Maaspuck

New Version 1.10

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi all,

i've updated the script. Please read the first post in this thread.

Maaspuck
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

I have downloaded and tried the new version and it works great. Actually to be quite honest, I couldn really see much of a difference with 1.9.
What is that new OptionSheet about?
Isn't that what was already included in earlier versions?

Anyway, like I said it works fine, with one small glitch:
One small nag I found is that you cannot change the order of tracks that have not been 'matched'.

Assume you selected 5 'source' tracks and 9 'destination' tracks. The script gives an error message and then picks 5 candidates - so far, so good. You can assign these 5 'destination' tracks to different source tracks, but you cannot select any of the unpicked destination tracks.

Sorry, this sounds confusing I know. Maybe a schema will help:

Source: A B C D E
Destination: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The 'real' match would be A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4, E-5.

Let's say the script finds: A-4, B-3, C-1, D-8, E-2.
So tracks 5, 6, 7, 9 are 'greyed out'.

You can rearrange the destinations to get A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4, E-8 but you won't be able to select the greyed-out track 5 to match with E!

See what I mean? It's a small thing but I figured you'd like to hear about it.
Maaspuck

Answer

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi MCSmarties,

thanks a lot for your answer.

1. Option sheet and new version
Yes, you're right, there are not many differences between version 1.10 and 1.9, but I decided to publish this 1.10 due to the option sheet which was included. This option sheet (extras/options - archive) offers the possibility to decide whether you want to backup files in general and whether you want the script to be really sure to overwrite tags. I include this sheet because it began to hate these messages while testing my script again and again. So i decided that the user should be able to decide whether he (or she) wants these messages or not.

2. order of files
The possibility to reorder the destination files isn't very flexible at the moment. I have been thinking about other ways to be more flexible, so you just confirmed my personal opinion that it should be more flexible to associate source and destination files. I am thinking of a solution where you can rearrange all source and all destination files, but i am looking for another way instead of up and down arrows. I am sure whether this could be done by drag and drop?

i will keep you updated (is that said in english?)

Regards

Maaspuck
baker

Post by baker »

Nice work Maaspuck. Is there a way to skip the preview and tag the tracks immediately? Thanks!
Maaspuck

not yet

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi baker,

at the moment this is not possible but it should be easy to include this via the option panel.
I haven't included this option yet because you only have the option to change the tags to be copied via this preview window. If I skip this window i also would have to include another way to reach the tag selection window.

Regards

Maaspuck