New Version: Copytags 2.2 (2008-07-18) [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Maaspuck

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi Big_Berny,

thanks for the response. As sson as i have some time i will check these issues.

BTW: Is it important for most users to have '01' instead of '1'?. I personally prefer the '1' and thus have no'01' in my library. That's probably the reason for the fact that i did not recognize this issue.

Regards

Maaspuck
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@Maaspuck: Well, I just noticed the problem because I wanted to auto-sort my files and then they weren't sorted correctly:
1 - fdsfdsf
10 - dsfdsfds
11 - dsfdsdfs
2 - dsfdsf
3 - dsfdsf
and so on.

IMHO it would be the best if it would just copy the songnumber correctly like it was.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Maaspuck

New Version 2.2 (2008-07-18) [MM3]

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi all,

i've updated the script again. See the first post in this thread for more details.

Regards

Maaspuck
MCSmarties

Re: New Version: Copytags 2.2 (2008-07-18) [MM3]

Post by MCSmarties »

Hi Maaspuck,

CopyTags 2.2 does not work with MM 3.1 anymore (trying the newest beta 3.1.0.1227).
I can select source and target files and load the panel, but when I click "Edit tags to be copied..."
I get

Code: Select all

Error happened during script execution: Invalid procedure call or argument: "Mid"
If I ignore the error and select "Copy tags now", I get

Error happened during script execution: Input past end of file
Maaspuck

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi MCSmarties,

first of all i am happy :D to see that there is still somebody who uses my script... but of course i also do. As i haven't used my script for quite a long time now (just due to a lack of time), i didn't recognize that it isn't working anymore. But i will have a look at it and hopefully present a new version soon.

Regards

Maaspuck
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Hey Maaspuck,

Of course I'm still using that script! It's a real lifesaver!! :D

Thanks for the quick reply. It's not urgent - 3.1 is still in beta status anyway,
but I thought I'd give you a quick heads-up.

Maybe it's even a problem with 3.1, not your script, but I don't understand
the topic well enough to report it it as a bug to the MM developers...
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

CopyTags doesn't work anymore with the new Mediamonkey builds :(

I have kept following the beta development of MM 3.1. The CopyTags script works with none of them.
Since by now (build 3.1.0.1250) MM 3.1 has reached RC-3 stage, I seriously doubt that the problem lies
with a bug in MM anymore...

I get the same error as I reported a bit earlier.

1. Can anybody verify this? I have MM 3.0 on my laptop and it works just fine, MM 3.1 on my desktop and it doesn't work.
I have the same scripts installed on both computers, but I still want to make sure that the problem is not on my end.

2. How can it be fixed? I really need CopyTags to work!!

Thanks!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Nothing against this script, but advanced duplicate find and fix has the same 'copy tags' feature and works fine with the beta versions of MM:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=13000
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Hey thanks, I wasn't aware of that functionality in Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix!
I never used that script (or even carefully read it) since I figured it was only to - well, find and fix duplicates :D
That would explain why there's so little activity in the CopyTags thread...
Will try it out right now.
Maaspuck

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi MCSmarties (and also others),

i apologize fo answering very late. During the last days i found some time to carry out some test procedures of my script together with the newest build of MM3.1. I even just downloaded Build 3.1.0.1251 and made another test. Though i still have to test some more, here are my first results:

- Though there seem to be some small issues, the script (still version 2.2) mostly works quite fine on my system (Windows XP professional SP3, German, .NET 1.1; 2.0; 3.0 and 3.5, MS Office 2003). I mentioned the Office and .NET version as they might have installed some system libraries and functions which might have an influence on scripting but i am not very familiar with these effects. I must admit, that i usually install and deinstall a lot of different kind of software products. From time to time I reinstall an almost clean harddrive image. Thus i am not always sure about a defintive system status.

- When using the script, an error occurs, if you select the 'tags to be copied...' button in the window with the source and destination list. This is already fixed in version 2.3.
- When pasting tags to a list of new files, i noticed that the albumart of the source file is just copied to the first destination file.
- Though i selected the 'refresh view after copy process' option, i didn't get a refresh view in most times. So it seems that there is a new timing problem but i have to do some more testing to prove this.

Are you still getting these error messages?
Error happened during script execution: Invalid procedure call or argument: "Mid"
Error happened during script execution: Input past end of file

Concerning the 'MID' error. In an earlier version gege got the following error

Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Mid'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3\Scripts\Auto\CopyTags.vbs", Line: 1100, Column: 2
In version 2.1 gege got the same error but deleted the inifile section and then it worked. I don't know why this error occurs but maybe this also solves your problem.

Meanwhile i also had a look at Bex's script 'Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix' which is amazing as all of his scripts. Concerning the copy function of meta data i noticed that this seems to work only in one MM instance (please correct me if i am wrong). As i usually work with two instances of the programm i can't use this script because i don't want to change source and destination view within one instance every time. But of course this is just the way i work and thus i developed a script which fits to this workflow.

Best regards

Maaspuck
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I need help with basic functionality. Please be patient with me. I want to copy the AlbumArt for every tag in my library. I then will clean my tags and synchronize leaving me with clean tags. I then want to paste back the album art to each individual tag. I have configured the copy function to only copy the AlbumArt. I have tried using the menu, Copy Tags, and, Main Window>Copy tags from all selected songs. Here's what I did:

I copied 2 files (using both methods at different attempts)
I removed the AlbumArt manually from both files in their properties
I used Paste Tags from the menu & I tried using Main Window>Paste Tags <one to one>

The Select tagging order window opens with source and destination columns. Is this to copy again?
I click copy tags now but the album art does not copy over.

What am I doing wrong? Is this script able to carry out the task I want? How do I configure this to work correctly?

Is there a way to add this script to the right click for scripts menu?

Thank you. I appreciate any help you can provide. :D
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Steviegt, I think Trixmoto's Album Art Tagger is more adapted to what you want to do.
The discussion thread is here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8678
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I would still like to know if I can accomplish this task with this script. See my previous post.

That was the 1st one I tried. I cannot get it to work the way I want. I sent trixmoto an email to see if he can help. I just want the simplest script to do what I need. Thanks for your reply. :D
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
Maaspuck

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi steviegt,

first of all let me try t understand what you want. It sounds that you want to clear all tags in every song of your library except for the albumart. Thus you want to copy the albumart, delete all remaining tags and then paste albumart back again. Is that correct?

In general this should be possible using this script with the following steps:

1. Select all songs which should be copied
2. Press CTRL+2 (or select 'copy tags from all selected songs' in the main window of the script via MediaMonkey Script Menu)
3. Delete all tags from your songs
4. Select all songs again
5. Press CTRL+3 (or select 'paste tags (one to one)' in the main window of the script via MediaMonkey Script Menu)
6. Thats it.

The Select tagging order window occurs only if the corresponding option is set in the options menu. This windows can be used to change the order of the destination files in order to fit the order of the source files. You may use drag and drop to change the order of the songs. This can be useful with a small amount of songs (e.g. an album with 14 songs) but should be used with a whole library. By the way, im am not sure how many songs can be copied with this script in one step.

I am not familar with all possibilities of trixmotos album art tagger at the moment but i am pretty sure, it can do the same.

Why does this not work for you?
Well, at the moment i have a similar problem because i can only paste the album art to the first destination file. All other destination files do not get a picture at the moment. I just made some more tests but at the moment i don't know why this occurs. I will let you know as soon as i find a solution.
Is there a way to add this script to the right click for scripts menu?
Do you want this script to appear in the context menu of a song via right clicking on a song? I think this is possible though i don't know the way to do this at the moment.

Regards

Maaspuck
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

steviegt wrote:I would still like to know if I can accomplish this task with this script. See my previous post.

That was the 1st one I tried. I cannot get it to work the way I want. I sent trixmoto an email to see if he can help. I just want the simplest script to do what I need. Thanks for your reply. :D
Quite easy with Album art tagger. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8678

Select all tracks, then Tools | Scripts | Album art tagger.

In the appearing box, choose Option 1. I'd leave all the options as they are except to change the 85% to 100%.

After that, you can select all tracks again and clear the tags.

Then, run Album art tagger again, but this time choose Option 2. Again leave the options as they are, and you're set.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.