rate albums?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

hage

rate albums?

Post by hage » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:56 am

I´ve been searching the forum for quite a while now and I cant find any script that makes the ability to rate entire albums possible.

Since I mostly listen to entire albums, one a the time the rate songs feature isn´t that very helpful. If someone would implement a rate album feature though, I would be forever grateful! Or maybe the function already are there in MM2 or MM3. In that case I apoligize for my stupid ass :)

Thanks in advance. /Anders Hagberg

mattisse

Post by mattisse » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:17 am

MM already let's you mass-rate an album.

Just select all the tracks you want to rate. Then either open the properties window and rate there. Or right-click on one of the selcted songs and give your rating. The rating will be apllied to all songs selected.

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:41 am

Or did he want a way to rate an album separately from rating each song?

For example, the album might have 10 songs with half a dozen different ratings but the overall album rating might be an average or manually input.

:)

hagee

m

Post by hagee » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:07 am

Yes, but would´t it be nice to rate artist or albums and then sort them by that order? maybe a artist is a "4", with two albums: a "3" and a "5" with different rated songs. If you rate all songs in album "4" as fours then it would be kinda wrong....

see my point?
Kinda like Vyper :lol:

RedX

Post by RedX » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:47 am

So you mean an average of all ratings of the tracks on that album stored in a separate tag?

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:22 pm

I know MonkeyRok script for displaying the album's rating based on average of its tracks. No need to store anything else in the tag or database. Just rate the tracks. If you want an album to be rated as 4, rate all its songs to 4. That's it! :wink:
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:45 am

Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

gregmasciola

Post by gregmasciola » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:21 pm

It would be cool if you could actually give an album it's own rating. You would just right-click on the album title in the tree and go to properties. Then you could just select your own rating for it OR tell it to average all of the track ratings from that album.

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:52 pm

gregmasciola wrote:It would be cool if you could actually give an album it's own rating. You would just right-click on the album title in the tree and go to properties. Then you could just select your own rating for it OR tell it to average all of the track ratings from that album.
Yes that will be a good thing to have.
Also, be able to search/find this field and the text in the album properties.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

unnicorn

Post by unnicorn » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:03 pm

You can create a magic node which indicates albums based on their average ratings.