Recreate M3U 2.4 - Updated 25/10/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Re: Recreate M3U 2.3 [MM2+3]

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Trixmoto:

I've just started using this script but it seems to be getting stuck at the Writing Playlist part when it is creating the playlist in MM. There is no error it just seems to stop, I have to kill MM to stop it.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Can you please let me know what variable values you are using?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Here they are, btw it didn't stopped it just took over 2 hours to write a playlist that had 150 tracks in it:

3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I'm glad it made it there in the end! I'll make sure I take a look, put some timestamps in, and see if I can figure out what's causing the delay.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

A few suggestions:

1. Integrate this with the import m3u script. I don't really see how the two are all that different!

2. It's annoying how it stops every few seconds when it can't find a match. It should go through all the songs in the playlist and after it completes so you the list of songs that haven't matched up.

3. It takes a LONG time to write the playlist (on a playlist with 3000 songs).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) How exactly do you propose I integrate them? I designed this script to replace "Import M3U".

2) Try one of the "never" confirmation options.

3) Well it performs a lot of fuzzy matching of the source playlist and your library to find all possible matches and rank them, etc. I'm sorry if you feel this takes a long time, but that's the price you pay for fuzzy matching.
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

trixmoto wrote:1) How exactly do you propose I integrate them? I designed this script to replace "Import M3U".

2) Try one of the "never" confirmation options.

3) Well it performs a lot of fuzzy matching of the source playlist and your library to find all possible matches and rank them, etc. I'm sorry if you feel this takes a long time, but that's the price you pay for fuzzy matching.
Thanks for the quick response!

1) Oh I didn't realise that, I thought they were two independent scripts. If this is to replace it, then my suggestion is moot.

2) But, won't the "never" option mean I can't ever select it? I may be missing the point!

3) Actually I think there was an "error" the first time as the second time I ran it a playlist appeared in the original M3U directory called Fav_fixed.m3u. I actually thought that this would appear INSIDE MM and so I was waiting a while for it to appear under the "playlists" node. However, it instead appeared in my playlists directory. This isn't a problem, just that I didn't realise that this would be the outcome. Anyway the second time it didn't take any time at all and matched up 99% of my tracks and I just had to add in about 20 more songs.

Great script!

By the way I would appreciate some help with the "Batch Art Finder" script. As you may have noticed on the dedicated thread I have made some queries as to what can be done since it does not appear to be working.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) Well they are different, "Import M3U" is designed to import old M3U files and can cope with different file paths but not different file names, "Recreate M3U" is designed to take an M3U from a totally different system and use fuzzy logic to see if you have the same tracks in your library. However, as far as I'm aware, "Recreate M3U" does everything that "Import M3U" can do and more.

2) If you select "Never (skip)" and action if no matches "Add to summary" then you should get a list at the end.

3) If you tick the "Create playlist in libary" option then it should appear in the playlists node as well.
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

trixmoto wrote:1) Well they are different, "Import M3U" is designed to import old M3U files and can cope with different file paths but not different file names, "Recreate M3U" is designed to take an M3U from a totally different system and use fuzzy logic to see if you have the same tracks in your library. However, as far as I'm aware, "Recreate M3U" does everything that "Import M3U" can do and more.

2) If you select "Never (skip)" and action if no matches "Add to summary" then you should get a list at the end.

3) If you tick the "Create playlist in libary" option then it should appear in the playlists node as well.
Thanks makes sense, thanks for the info! Great scripts in general.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you :)
pw-man

Post by pw-man »

ok, just started using (love it)... worked the first time, then the second time (and subsequently) I get this error:

Error #2147418113 - SongsDB.SDBUICommon
A component named RecreateM3UList already exists
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\RecreateM3U.vbs", Line 352, Column: 4

thoughts?

Thanks!

edit: The script works again correctly after shutting down MM and restarting... so it appears that maybe something related to that component is not released when the script is finished? :-)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

That's strange, I can't replicate this. I'll see what I can do to resolve is in the next version though.
katsan

Post by katsan »

I love this script! I have a lot of various artist collections, so I can check them against text play list to see what is missing... however I continually get this error.

Error #2147418113 - SongsDB.SDBUICommon
A component named RecreateM3UList already exists
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\RecreateM3U.vbs", Line 352, Column: 4

If I close mediamonkey and then rescan tracks to library, it will work again one or two times... then I must close, open and rescan again...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I've added this to my list and I'll try to get it sorted in the next version.
trixmoto

Re: Recreate M3U 2.4 - Updated 25/10/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.4) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed "component named RecreateM3UList already exists" error
- Added debug mode to log sql commands
- Added options to include artist and album fields
- Added option to include fuzzy matching logic

The fuzzy matching logic uses the soundex value so you could get a lot of false positives, but it should help with the odd spelling mistake here and there. :)