Custom Report 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mizery_Made

Re: Custom Report 2.7 - Updated 14/11/2010

Post by Mizery_Made »

Unfortunately, I can't report the same here on 2007. Set it up to save as an .xlsx and run the report on a handful of tracks. It runs through all the tracks, pops up with the window asking for the key per usual and acts as though it's finalizing/saving the report after it's canceled out. Even comes up with the window asking if I would like to open the file. Trouble is, the file never appears in the save location, and if Yes is selected to view the file after completion, Excel opens stating that the file couldn't be found. Same occurs with .xls. Good news is that the previous error hasn't popped up in a few attempts.

PS -- Loving the filename masks :)

EDIT: I just noticed that after running a (failed) .xlsx report and opening the report window back up, the "Include back cover" check box is next to the .xlsx setting. It's not there when .xlsx is normally chosen (and changing it to something else and then back to .xlsx results in the box not being there)
Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik »

When a report is finished, the confirmation screen pops up behind MM, just like the following screens. I have to restart MM to show any pop-up screen in front of MM.

greetz
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I can't replicate either of these issues! :-? I think it might be something to do with the key that's causing the problem, because it works fine for me with a licensed version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Brouwerik wrote:When a report is finished, the confirmation screen pops up behind MM, just like the following screens. I have to restart MM to show any pop-up screen in front of MM.

greetz
I randomly get this with several scripts, I usually just switch the focus to another app then back to MM and it will pop up back in front. I vaguely remember seeing a post stating this was something that was caused by MM and not the scripts themselves, but it's been a while since I saw that post so I could be wrong.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik »

It's been a while ago since the last time I've seen these problems (maybe 1 year ago) and now appeared after I upgraded to version 2.7 and only appear after creating a report with this script. This didn't happen in the previous versions.

All other scripts act normal (at least until using Custom Report).

greetz
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have MonkeyRok or other panel script installed? MonkeyRok caused me some of this behavior in the past. Alt+Tab back to MediaMonkey normally brought up the confirmation dialogs.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Brouwerik wrote:When a report is finished, the confirmation screen pops up behind MM, just like the following screens. I have to restart MM to show any pop-up screen in front of MM.
I've had this behavior with various dialogs. Last to date was with Restore PlayHistory/DateAdded/Playlists 1.4
See this post: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 75#p274272
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik »

Lowlander wrote:Do you have MonkeyRok or other panel script installed? MonkeyRok caused me some of this behavior in the past.
I have MR, SI and Minilyrics panels installed
Lowlander wrote:Alt+Tab back to MediaMonkey normally brought up the confirmation dialogs.

Alt+tab doesnt work here. However, if I double click the tray icon MM hides and the confirmation screen is left behind. That's the only solution. But I still have to restart MM cause I donýt want to do this everytime I open screens like track properties.
Dreadlau wrote:I've had this behavior with various dialogs. Last to date was with Restore PlayHistory/DateAdded/Playlists 1.4
See this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42085&start=75#p274272
trixmoto wrote:I can't replicate either of these issues! :-? I think it might be something to do with the key that's causing the problem, because it works fine for me with a licensed version.
If it isn't caused by a script, how can such a problem suddenly appear after upgrading a script but that might be to technical for me :P. Btw, Im using MM gold
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No script has the power to decide where the popup appears, it just asks for one to be popped up and MM does the business. And the script's code for the popup certainly hasn't changed for several versions.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I would suggest disabling the panel scripts you have installed and see if the problem goes away.
Brouwerik

Post by Brouwerik »

Disabling the panels didn't work :(

But no worries. If this is the only script with this problem it's no big deal. Custom Report isn't a script I use at a daily base.
In the link posted by Dreadlau I saw ZvezdanD reported this behaviour to the devs (and I think alot of others have reported this already too) so lets see what the future brings us

greetz
carkey151

Post by carkey151 »

Trixmoto,
If it's not a lot of work, would it be possible to add the option: "Save To Original Folder" with a checkbox to this script? I am trying to slim down my database (1.6G) and have a lot of information in the "Comment" and "Custom Fields" that I'd like to move to the original folder. That way, I could click on one track in several albums and save this info, in batch, to each original folder. It would make it much easier than having to do each album individually.
Then, when I want to see this info, I could just right-click "Location/<Foldername>/Open In Explorer" and open the txt file.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think this is really the way the script is designed to work, as you could select any tracks from any album in any order, and then creating multiple report files wouldn't work.
carkey151

Post by carkey151 »

Ok, Thanks Trixmoto. You never know unless you ask.
dlm1129

Post by dlm1129 »

Great script but I do have a little problem that I can't figure out.

I use MM's "Date" field for the year that the album was released. I use MM's "Original Date" field to specify the date that a song first charted -- like "2/13/1992". (They sometimes fall in different years -- e.g. this song that charted in Feb 1992 may have been released in 1991.)

But when I use "OriginalDate" as an export field in Custom Report, the field seems to just display January 1st of MM's "Date" field. (Like in the above example, the report displays OriginalDate as 1/1/1991.)

I just want to create a report that includes MM's "Original Date" field so I can see the date a song charted. Am I doing something wrong or is there a workaround?