Custom Report 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sallenmd87

Re: Custom Report 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Post by sallenmd87 »

I really like the "Just List Artists" report, but what I really want is just a list of Album Artists. When I tried to do that, it listed the album artist once for each track that artist is Album Artist for. How would I get it to only display each Album Artist once?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There probably isn't an easy way to do that with either script. You could sort the tracks you're interested in by track number and then only select track 1's before you run the report.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
pgrimmer

Post by pgrimmer »

I tried your script to make an Excel XLSX file of a handful of selected files. The script stopped with the following error in a message box:

Error #1004 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Unknown runtime error
File: "C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\CustomReport.vbs", Line: 1090, Column: 12

When I run the script outputting to a CSV file there is no error.

I saved the script settings. I don't know how to attach a file but the text in the .dat file is:

Code: Select all

[CustomReport]
Source=0
Format=7
Unicode=2
Filename=K:\_Library\Multimedia\_Audio\_Tags\MP3 Tags\MMReport.xlsx
Delimiter1=
Delimiter2=
Delimiter3=
BackCover=False
Column1=1:|:1:|:Album Artist:|:
Column2=2:|:2:|:Album:|:
Column3=3:|:3:|:Artist:|:
Column4=4:|:4:|:Author:|:
Column5=5:|:5:|:Band:|:
Column6=6:|:6:|:Bitrate:|:
Column7=7:|:7:|:BPM:|:
Column8=8:|:8:|:Comment:|:
Column9=9:|:9:|:Conductor:|:
Column10=10:|:10:|:Custom1:|:
Column11=11:|:11:|:Custom2:|:
Column12=12:|:12:|:Custom3:|:
Column13=13:|:46:|:Custom4:|:
Column14=14:|:47:|:Custom5:|:
Column15=15:|:13:|:DateAdded:|:
Column16=16:|:14:|:Encoder:|:
Column17=17:|:15:|:FileLength:|:
Column18=18:|:16:|:FileModified:|:
Column19=19:|:17:|:Genre:|:
Column20=20:|:18:|:Channels:|:
Column21=21:|:19:|:InvolvedPeople:|:
Column22=22:|:20:|:ISRC:|:
Column23=23:|:21:|:LastPlayed:|:
Column24=24:|:22:|:Lyricist:|:
Column25=25:|:23:|:Lyrics:|:
Columns=25
Summary=NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Edit from this afternoon: I have a clue as to what is going on. When I got the error earlier and just now, I had been trying to generate a report using mp3 files that weren't part of my MM library. The XLSX export failed each time whether it was one file, several files or all files. The CSV export worked okay, though. Then I tried the same thing with mp3 files that were part of my library. Not only did I not use the Explorer tree to select them, I used the main Music node and then selected them there. This worked for both XLSX and CSV. I have no idea why but it seems that your code chokes somehow on making the XLSX export when the selected file(s) are not present in the MM library.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm surprised the script works at all for files which aren't in the library, as MM API is designed to work for files in the library. But I've added it to my list to have a look at why this is behaving differently for different output types.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Can someone point me to (or tell me) a post that explains how to make it work the way you want?
How does some of the formatting work? Specifically, divide "D100" and new line character "C***".
Also, is it possible to add several formats to a single line? If so, what is the separator.

I can get a basic layout to work with a couple of formats like leading zero "Z2", Justify, add things like "|, /, -", but I need a few more tweaks to make it
a bit of sweetness :wink: .
Thanks
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
fowlesp2

Post by fowlesp2 »

Great app!

One question - is it possible to customise the Title (maybe an option to display the playlist name)?

how to use custom report by trixmoto

Post by Guest »

Okay hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I have downloaded customreport from trixmoto and not sure how to use it. What I want to do is get the title, artist, and filename into excel so I can build a DOS batch to name my improperly named mp3 files from the artist and title.

Right now the .mmip fle looks like a binary file so do I install it and then try to modify it for what I need?
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
popsmike

Re: how to use custom report by trixmoto

Post by popsmike »

Guest wrote:Okay hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I have downloaded customreport from trixmoto and not sure how to use it. What I want to do is get the title, artist, and filename into excel so I can build a DOS batch to name my improperly named mp3 files from the artist and title.

Right now the .mmip fle looks like a binary file so do I install it and then try to modify it for what I need?
The best way I find to install the .mmip is while having monkey running drag the file onto the player and it should ask if you want to install it.
once its installed then go into the Create Reports Menu which can be found under the File Menu, you can then tailor the page to how you may want it.

You could always use the built in file rename in Auto Organize.
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012
pcook911

Post by pcook911 »

I'm finally getting around to cleaning up my mp3 collection. I was looking for a way to export a text file, maybe CSV, of all songs or maybe songs in playlists. I came across the script, CustomReport, from Trixmoto that looks like exactly what I want. I couldn't find it on the MM website under add-ons with the rest of them. I found a forum discussion about it, with recent messages, with messages from Trixmoto that have links to his website but when I go there I just get this message, "Could not connect: Access denied for user 'trixmoto_guest'@'boscustweb2605.eigbox.net' (using password: YES)."

Anyone have idea of where to download it or possibly an alternative. I couldn't seem to find much while searching.

TIA,

Paul
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Looks like trixmoto have issues with his site just be patient.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

The site is up and running now.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
Peke

Post by Peke »

Trix was informed and fixed it right away.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
edwardjc

First Post - Cannot Save .xls or .xlsx Custom Reports

Post by edwardjc »

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to MediaMonkey for Windows and just learning my way around it. I really love the program and the features! I spent most of the weekend importing my music collection and tagging it.

Right now I'm burning my first CDs - almost 20 different audio CDs with a total of 300 tracks. I've entered detailed info for each track in MMW including composer name, original dates of compositions, conductors, recording dates, etc. (it's all classical music by many different orchestras and performers).

To type up all this info again in a document or spreadsheet in order to make the track list for each CD would take about 8 more hours, so I'm trying to avoid that. The Custom Reports 3.2 script I came across seems like it should be perfect to save all that time. I installed the script and it seems to be opening properly from File > Create Reports > Custom Reports.

The issue I'm having is, using the script for the first time today, I've been trying for over an hour to get it to save a report for the currently opened playlist using the file format I select. I've tried to save as .xls, .xlsx and .csv because I'm pretty sure any of these would work to load the report into Excel for quick editing. But every time I try, the report gets saved as a .dat file, and the file contains only parameters and no actual data from the tracks. I get the sense I'm supposed to be clicking a different button to save the actual report, not this .dat file, but I'm at a loss for where to find it.

This brief screencast demonstrates the issue (unlisted on YouTube)... Any advice based on what I'm doing in this screencast regarding the step or steps I'm missing in the process?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH11oYCyx8Y

2 things I can think of that might be part of the problem:

1. I've left the "Format" column blank (because I don't have any specific parameters to put there and the raw unedited values will be fine for this purpose)

2. I've been getting an error message some of the time saying my file name might be longer than 32 characters or contain a disallowed character such as "/" ... Do I need to edit the file name field in the script window to change what is populated there by default? (In the final step of saving it, I've been using the file name "test1" which saves as "test1.dat")

Also, I'm trying to figure out whether to use ASCII or UTF-8 or 16 for encoding for Excel-format reports.

Really appreciate any help you can provide about this. Thanks a million!

Edward
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

you need to click the OK Button
The OK button will close the window then compose the list if you look at the progress bar it will tell you, then it will ask if you want to open the file.
the SAVE button saves the dat file for recalling your settings
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

From here

Can you provide a literal step-by-step description of what you are doing.

1. you download it.
2. ...and then what?
😜