Similar Artists 2.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed confirmation option now also applies to the completed message
- Fixed url encoding of some characters
- Added option to ignore genres when adding tracks
- Added option to overwrite existing playlist
- Added option to automatically enqueue new playlist
- Added option to automatically navigate to new playlist
- Added option to automatically run when playing last track

I have (against my better judgement) added an on play event to this script so that it can now be used to keep your Now Playing list full. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Trixmoto:

I've just given this script a whirl, however it seems to take a long time to run, is this normal? I have the settings limited to 3 artists and 5 songs each with a max of 50 songs in the playlist.

Nyn

EDIT: Do you think the long delay is due to my genre's not matching what Last.FM has for the artists, most of my artists also have different genre's.
Last edited by nynaevelan on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it does need to query Last.Fm a number of times (3 per selected artist in your case) which takes at least 3 seconds (because Last.Fm blocks IP addresses of users who make more than 60 requests in a minute) so yeah, it will take some time. How long is "long"?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

It locked up on me after 20-25 minutes, I shut down MM but when I reopened MM the playlist did have 7 songs in it. I only ask about the delay because the music will stop and I cannot select any new music while the script is running. Should I set it for a smaller group, say 1 artist, 5 songs??

Nyn

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Cool!

While as you mentioned previously, there are probably better ways to smooth out the track list for scrobbler dj style, this seems to be working nicely for 'batch' style where it adds a group of related tracks instead of one track at a time.

Although its possible to get tracks/artists repeated too soon, it seems to be working pretty good overall.

Thanks Trix!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Teknojnky - I'm glad you like! :)

@nynaevelan - Well that's definitely not right, it shouldn't lock up or stop playing music at all, it should run in the background. It shouldn't be anything to do with your genres. Could you please email me your ini entries for this script (or a screenshot of the settings screen if that's easier)?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Trix, this doesn't seem to like the 'use fast nowplaying loading' of tweak monkey...

that function saves the NP to a playlist, and clears NP on shutdown, then re-loads it from playlist on startup, this means that MM starts up with an empty now playing list which seems to make the script crash.

exact error:

error #-2147418113-
similarartists.vbs line 117 column 6
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.3) is now available to download from my website. I've fixed that error for you, it was a simple check I'd forgotten to do! :)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Trixmoto:

This is an awesome script, keep up the good work!!!!

Nyn

EDIT:

Trixmoto, if you are planning on continuing development for this script, would it be possible to add an on/off button, sometimes I would like the current playlist to repeat rather than move on to similar artists?

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.4) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Made compatible with MM3 and multiple artists
- Fixed UTF characters not correctly encoded
- Fixed navigate to playlist is now recursive
- Fixed blacklist is now applied to initial list
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Trixmoto:

I have been eagerly awaiting this one and I thank you for updating this one, but have you given some thought to the problem of selecting the 'navigate to playlist' option when the Parent Playlists is not the main playlist node? Or an easy way to turn the script on/off without going into the Options panel? I am not ungrateful, but can you consider them for your next release?? :)

Nyn

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The navigate to playlist option should now be working recursively (so as long as the playlist is a child of a child (of a child...) of the Playlist root node then it should still be found. Is this not working for you?

I will add a button to the next version for toggling on/off the auto mode.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

No it is not navigating to the appropriate playlist, it will navigate to the main Playlist node but at least now it is not giving me that lockup. I have my Similar Artist Playlists to go to Playlists --> Similar Artists if that helps.

Nyn

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

That's how I tested it myself. Maybe you could send me a screenshot of your Playlists node fully expanded so that I can check we're on the same wavelength?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.5) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed "navigate to new playlist" not working recursively
- Added toolbar button to toggle the auto option on/off