Remove Unused Genres/Classification 1.2.1 (2008-02-18)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks guys! :)

Regarding the report thing. Is it actually necessary? Unused artists/albums are just deleted without any notification when you chose to remove them. In MM2 the unused genres was deleted upon compacting the database without any notification either.

If still yes I'll see what I can do!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Hello Bex, well not really I suppose. It's just that when it zapped the unwanted Genres, my first reaction was *which ones..!!* :o
snacks

Post by snacks »

Ugh. I keep getting the "Product Installation Error" message and I'm the administrator. I'm the only user and only I have administrator rights, so is there something else I could be missing? (sidebar: I hate Vista) Has anyone else tried installing it on MMRC4? Could this be the problem? Thanks again for any help,
Snacks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It has worked for me on RC4. Have you installed any other mmip files that also didn't work? You could try installing my skin (see sig).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Bex

Post by Bex »

snacks wrote:Ugh. I keep getting the "Product Installation Error" message and I'm the administrator. I'm the only user and only I have administrator rights, so is there something else I could be missing? (sidebar: I hate Vista) Has anyone else tried installing it on MMRC4? Could this be the problem? Thanks again for any help,
Snacks
Try to install the script manually.
1. Rename the .mmip to .zip
2. Open it up in Winzip
3. Extract RemoveUnused.vbs to your Script/Auto directory
4. (Re)start MM
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
snacks

Post by snacks »

Sometimes the mind wanders..... I totally spaced that you had pasted the new code on page 1 of the thread. I just copied it and made a .vbs and it installed fine. Gonna give it a whirl tonight. Thanks again for all the hard work.
Snacks
Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind »

Bex wrote:Thanks guys! :)

Regarding the report thing. Is it actually necessary? Unused artists/albums are just deleted without any notification when you chose to remove them. In MM2 the unused genres was deleted upon compacting the database without any notification either.

If still yes I'll see what I can do!
I am not looking for a report just like to know what genes it removed. If it is too hard don't worry about it. :)

I really need to fix my genes and I like this script for cleaning up my database.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated
- Added confirmation screen with unused "items" displayed and possibility to cancel the operation

The devs has said that "Delete unused genres" will be natively implemented in MM3 RC5 so I guess this script will be a bit redundant then.

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
doubleij

Post by doubleij »

Hi Bex,

Remove Unused is a great concept! I found a bug in 1.2 (running MM3). The confirmation screen showed as expected for mood, occasion, quality, and tempo.

However, when the confirmation screen for genre came up, it was very long (120!) and I couldn't scroll the window or move the top off the top of my screen so that I could see the bottom and click ok. I think the script operation will work properly, but could you fix the window so that I can see to the bottom if there are many genres?

Thanks!
Bex

Post by Bex »

Well, the unused Genres function is not needed anymore. In MM3 RC5 they are removed automatically upon upgrade or compacting database.

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Bex:

I think my script has stopped working, I have several empty Mood categories, but the script is not finding them.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, this happens to me too. So when I investigate it I find that the table containing the classified songs have entries which no longer exists in MM.
Thus fooling my script to think the classification is in use.
It seems that you have found a bug in MM. I'll notice the devs.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Bug confirmed and it will be fixed in the next version of MM which also will make the script to work properly again! :D

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Great to hear, I so hate doing things manually when there are awesome scripts to do it for me.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
fridge

Post by fridge »

Very useful! Great script, thanks Bex! :)
WebNodes: adds customised WebNodes to your monkey
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts