Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:56 pm

Yeah, that works very well, thanks alot :)
i used bpm instead of format (i use ogg vorbis and mp3 both)

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:25 am

Anonymous wrote:Yeah, that works very well, thanks alot :)
i used bpm instead of format (i use ogg vorbis and mp3 both)
Maybe you didn't understand me. Even your mask with the <Album> field should display all tracks from all sub-nodes when you click on the root node of the particular mask (in your case, if you click on the node with the caption "Incomplete Albums"). When I say "if you click on the node" I don't mean that you should click on the [+] sign, but on the caption itself.

Demek

change view...

Post by Demek » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:03 pm

Is there a way to have a specific magic node change the view setting? Such as you have "Show Details" on but when clicking on a magic node it will change it to "Show Album Artwork" and when going back to a Library node it goes back to you default view ("Show Details").

I have just recently upgraded to MM3 from MM2, and one of my favorite scripts was the Browse by Art. It was just a node that showed the Artwork similar to MM3 and anytime you clicked show artist or album from it, it would take you to a list view of either in your Library node.

I am kinda thinking Magic Nodes might not be able to do this (after skimming through some manuals and topics), and if not does anyone else have an idea if this would be possible using scripting?

Thanks for any help.

ZvezdanD

Re: change view...

Post by ZvezdanD » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:27 am

Demek wrote:Is there a way to have a specific magic node change the view setting? ... if this would be possible using scripting?
Sorry, but there is not any regular way for such thing. I'd like to add such possibilities, but MM developers didn't exposed necessary API functions for this. I asked for similar thing before, but I didn't got any answer from them. Maybe you will be a better luck if you ask this in the Wishlist forum.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:33 am

Anonymous wrote:i used bpm instead of format (i use ogg vorbis and mp3 both)
By the way, I forgot to mention one more way to get same display, even with the <Album> field. Using All qualifier, you will get new node which display all tracks from all subnodes:

Code: Select all

Incomplete Albums\<album|max tracks:5|All:Yes>

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks ZvezdanD - I opted for this one :

Compilations|child of:album|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT DISTINCT Songs.IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Songs.Artist <> Songs.AlbumArtist AND Songs.IDAlbum > 0)\<Genre>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>

This lists: compilations
genre
album title (year)

What would be the code for: compilations
album titles grouped by letter
album title (year)
?

Many thanks.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:37 am

danhackley wrote:What would be the code for: compilations
album titles grouped by letter
Instead of <Genre> you should use <Album|Trim:1>.

das Monkey

Post by das Monkey » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:28 pm

I just installed this script today and am still reading through all the pages of this thread, but I'll go ahead and post my question in case I can't find an answer elsewhere:

Most of my collection is full albums, but I have some random tracks scattered about as well, and I don't want their album data cluttering up my album list. I understand I can make separate nodes for complete albums and incomplete albums, but what I'd really like to do is make a "sub-node" inside my Albums list for loose tracks. I see I can make a sub-node inside the "Album" node of the Library, but what I'd really like to do :) is have a sub-node to a Magic Node. Example tree:

Albums (by Year)
+ 1900 - Some Old Album (Some Old Guy)
+ 2008 - Some New Album (Some Whippersnapper)
+ Loose Tracks
-- + 1999 - Hot Single on a Terrible Album
-- + 2008 - Blah Blah Blah

I see how I can make two nodes and group them under one master node, but 99% of the time, I'll want to browse straight to the Album list, so I'd like to avoid an entire grouping just for that. Does it make sense what I'm trying to accomplish? It's slightly unorthodox, but I'd like to try it anyway.

Thanks!

das

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:16 pm

das Monkey wrote:I just installed this script today and am still reading through all the pages of this thread
It is much easier if you read Rick's manual than all posts from this thread. His manual has a detail description of all MN fields and qualifiers, and has a tutorial with examples how to create MN masks.
I see I can make a sub-node inside the "Album" node of the Library, but what I'd really like to do :) is have a sub-node to a Magic Node.
You cannot create a sub-node inside of the Album node of the Library, but only a sub-node of the Library which could be after the Album node (i.e. on the same level as the Album node). You could create sub-nodes inside of the Magic Nodes branch without any problem, just omit Child of qualifier. Beside of the Magic Nodes, only Library, Classification, Files to Edit, Now Playing, Net Radio and Web nodes could have sub-nodes.
I see how I can make two nodes and group them under one master node, but 99% of the time, I'll want to browse straight to the Album list, so I'd like to avoid an entire grouping just for that.
Sorry, but I really don't know what you want to do. If you have two nodes which you don't want to group inside of one additional node, you should just omit Group pseudo-field from both masks. For example, if you tried with:

<Group|Name:Albums>\Complete Albums|...
and

<Group|Name:Albums>\Incomplete Albums|...
Instead, you should use:

Complete Albums|...
and

Incomplete Albums|...
If you want to get sub-nodes on the same level as some albums, sorry but this is not possible. For example, next thing is not possible:

+ Albums
    + Dark Side of the Moon
    + Wish You Were Here
    + Incomplete Albums
        + Animals
But you could get something like this:

+ Complete Albums
    + Dark Side of the Moon
    + Wish You Were Here
+ Incomplete Albums
    + Animals

das Monkey

Post by das Monkey » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Thanks for the response. I apologize for poorly explaining what I wanted to accomplish. Essentially what I want to do is the second to last thing you posted under the heading "For example, next thing is not possible". :D Oh well. It was worth a shot.

Thanks again for the answer.

das

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:53 pm

das Monkey wrote:Essentially what I want to do is the second to last thing you posted under the heading "For example, next thing is not possible".
Well, next suggestion is not exactly what you want, but it is very similar. You could get something like this:

+ Pink Floyd
    + Complete albums
        + Dark Side of the Moon
        + Wish You Were Here
    + Incomplete Albums
        + Animals
Unfortunately, this approach require small effort with modifications of the database. First, you should extract all tracks from complete albums with a help of some mask/script and enter the "Complete albums" value to their custom field, for example Custom 1. Next, you should extract all tracks from incomplete albums and enter "Incomplete albums" value to the same field. In fact, this is not too complicated at all and could be done within a minute. Then you could use the next mask:

Artists with grouped albums\<Artist>\<Custom 1>\<Album>
If you are short of custom fields, i.e. if you are already using all of them for some another purpose, you could always use same custom field with multiple values. In that case, you need to use Exclusive Right of and Right Until qualifiers - please take a look on Big Isch's example: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 689#125689. But, in this case entering of values in this custom field couldn't be done within a minute :)

das Monkey

Post by das Monkey » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:57 pm

I'm actually using a custom field for complete/incomplete albums already, and it's working out pretty well.

The reason I was curious about this is that my collection is mostly complete albums, and that's what I pay attention to the most. I was hoping I could find a way to separate the loose tracks without adding another node level (and an extra click) to access the complete albums. The obvious solution to that is to have one node for Complete Albums and another for Incomplete Albums (like you posted earlier), but if I have 5 different nodes for different types of Complete Albums, I'd need 5 more nodes for the Incompletes, and that's not practical.

Anyway, I figured it was a long shot. It's not a particularly logical organizational structure, but it would be fun to do if I could. Since I can't, I'll probably just do something like this and live with the extra click:

+ Albums
    + Complete
    + Incomplete

+ Soundtracks
    + Complete
    + Incomplete
It's certainly not a major inconvenience or anything, but I had to ask, just in case it was possible to do it the other way. :D

das

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:25 pm

Ace ZvezdanD !! Cheers !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3

Post by guest » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:12 am

This is an utterly fantastic script, great work! I've been having fun for days making up nodes for record labels, for example, and compilations.

It would be really nice to see some more of other users scripts, just to see what sort of things the really clever guys are coming up with (and that I could use on my MM!). Could we do that?

fpero

Post by fpero » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:06 am

Guest wrote:
It would be really nice to see some more of other users scripts, just to see what sort of things the really clever guys are coming up with (and that I could use on my MM!). Could we do that?
I think that's a great idea! I don't know the best way to go about doing it, but it's a great idea.
--------
Just a guy that loves all types of music! (well, almost all types ;-)
Frank