Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: MM 1.7

Post by ZvezdanD »

Big Isch wrote:1.7 adds the "right until:" which is very usefull for parsing custom fields.
Yeah, I adopted some parts of your suggestion. Thanks. BTW, it is not limited only to Custom fields - it could be used for example with Involved people:

Code: Select all

vocal:Bono;guitar:The Edge;bass:Adam Clayton;drums:Larry Mullen, Jr.
Rick has very nice example within his manual about extracting Orchestra and Work within classical music.

Sad part of this is that you couldn't get multi-item possibilities like with built-in fields of MM3.
I think "exclusive right of:" should not show nodes without 'kind.'
as 'unknown'.
I am not sure that I understand what you are suggesting. If you don't want to show tracks without kind. you could better use Unknown qualifier like this:

By Kind\<Custom 1|Unknown:No|Exclusive right of:kind.|Right until: >\<Artist>\<Album>

I think "right of:" should not show the entire field, when the key is not found, 
but "left of:" should and does. 
Now when key is not found, "left of:" and "right of:" is the same. Should'nt it be that 
field is: "left of:" & key & "right of:" ?
Again, I am not sure that I know what you want. This what you are suggesting is just opposite to what we had before this update - Left of: did show field only if it contain specified string, but Right of: did always. With the new version, if you want that Left of: show field even if it not contain string, and don't want to Right of: show such field, you should use - Left of: and Exclusive right of:. I think that the name is telling us enough about its behavior (Exclusive).
Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

Hi,
let me clarify my opinion with your examples from:
  • - Pink Floyd
    - Tangerine Dream
    - The Beatles
I think, "left of:" works perfect. Just like a LeftString function, taking up to the nth character.

For "right of:", I think, if the key is not found, it should not return the string. Just like a substr() with a start value that is bigger as the string-length.

Currently, with "right of:", one cannot tell whether "The Beatles" comes from "some text in The Beatles" or from "The Beatles". This
is not intuitive.
(Well, one can use "ex right of:").

In my opinion, "right of:" should work as the current "ex right of:".
And "ex right/left of:" should work as the current "Unknown:No|Exclusive right/left of:".

Anyway, "right until:" is great.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Right of didn't changed its behavior with the last update, but you didn't complained about it before - why? On another side, Left of changed its behavior and you tell me that now it works as it should - why you didn't asked me for that before? You have a possibility which you are asking - for this what you want, instead of Right of you should use Exclusive Right of. Before, when you didn't had different possibility, you didn't complained. This is what I don't understand.

In my opinion Left/Right should have same behavior, as should have Exclusive Left/Right of. I am not trying to find some artificial analogy with some programming language, but with English language. If Left of returns all values, even those which don't contain specified string, then Right of should works on the same way. You know, I thought that I should rename their names to Inclusive Left of and Inclusive Right of, but dropped that idea.

I spent to much time to enable Unknown node for Trim/Left of/Right of and you are telling me that it is useless. I gave you a possibility to enable/disable this node for mentioned qualifiers, usage is very simple - if you don't want to see empty values, you should use Unknown:No; but if someone want to see empty values, he/she could use Unknown:Yes (which is default and don't need to be specified). If I implement your suggestion, we would have only one possibility - to not have Unknown node at all. I really don't understand why you think that your suggestion is better.
Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

Hello,

My complains were about case-sensitivity and that part of the key itself is returned for "right of:". I simply did not know whether or not you are going to change it, so I wanted to aks for my 'favorites' first.

I really think that MagicNode is one of the key-features to use MM - and you extend it and port it to MM3 - Thanks a lot.

No, I do not try to find some artifical analogy with a programming language. But I think "left of:" corresponds in human language to:
"everything up to some key". In left-to-right languages, starting is from left. And "right of:" corresponds to "eyerything after some key" (also from left to right). If key is not found, also there is nothing to the right of it.

Reading direction is from left-to-right. So, in the case of not finding the key, "left of" (before) and "right of" (after) should give different result. I think, this is just natural language.

You are right, my suggestion from yesterdays post is not good, as it would not allow to have "unknown" nodes. "Unknown" nodes are very
usefull when looking for missing tagging.

Yes, with current implementation, I can do everything I want. Many thanks, especially to "right until:".

Altough, I think that naming of the qualifiers should change for clarity.

"right of:" includes also the entries where key is not found. Thus your
suggested "inclusive right of:" seems best to me.

"ex right of:" in my opinion should be simple "right of:".

The "ex left of:" and "left of:" is perfect anyway.

Again let me thank you for your great work, and take my suggestions as feedback.
Last edited by Big Isch on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
gege

Post by gege »

What is new:

v1.7 - 2008-01-23
- Added: grouping with the unlimited number of hierarchy level, using the Group pseudo-fields in the front of the existing mask, i.e. before the mask caption and global qualifiers, e.g. <Group|Name:Problematic tracks>\Missing lyrics|Filter:<Lyrics> = ''\<Title> (for full description, please wait for the updated manual or visit the MM forum);
- Added: display of any MM supported tree icon (0 - 57), every Group could have its own Icon qualifier;
Can someone give me an example on how to use this Icon qualifier with arbitrary icons? Does it work only with this new Group feature?
I was trying something like

Custom 4|icon:55\<Custom 4|statistic:count(all)>\<Album Artist with Album|Statistic:Max(Year)>
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

I'm seeing a weird issue with MM v3.0.2.1132.

When "Show album art with details" is selected along with the Track Browser, the track browsers doesn't work when selecting any of Magic Node. It works fine when "Show Details" is selected. I'm not sure if this is script issue with Magic Nodes, or is its a problem with MM itself. This is the first time I've tried the "Show album art with details" so its the first time I've seen it.

Can anyone else reproduce this issue?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new update (1.7.1). Please, read the Information section in the first post where is described usage of new features.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Big Isch wrote:you extend it and port it to MM3.
Just for your information - my version of the script is now "officially" double in size of the last official version.
Reading direction is from left-to-right. So, in the case of not finding the key, "left of" (before) and "right of" (after) should give different result. I think, this is just natural language.
In this paragraph, you are missing two important things:
1. Not all nations on this Earth read/write from left to right.

2. Left and Right qualifiers should work on the same way if we want consistency. Your solution is not "more intuitive" as you trying to represent because of lack of consistency. It is also less flexible because your suggestion don't covers situations which currently covers Right of qualifier.

Sorry pal, your first suggestions was really useful, but this is totally wrong. I don't have a plan to change that at all. But, I added a possibility to specify qualifiers somewhat different:

- Left of could be specified as Inclusive Left of (both syntax allowed).
- Right of could be specified as Inclusive Right of (...).

BTW, I didn't mentioned on the first page, but maybe you should know that there are some another shorted names which are allowed also.

- Exclusive Left/Right of could be typed as Ex Left/Right/ of;
- Inclusive Left/Right of could be typed as In Left/Right of or just Left/Right of;
- Exclusive Right until (which is new) could be typed as Ex Right until;
- Inclusive Right until could be typed as In Right until or just Right until;
- Show Sort Key could be typed as Sort Key;
- values for Child of qualifier could be typed with or without space between words, e.g. Files To Edit and FilesToEdit are both allowed;
- Magic value for Child of qualifier could by typed as Magic, MagicNodes or Magic Nodes;
- Radio value for Child of could be typed as Radio, NetRadio or Net Radio;
- Statistic qualifier could be typed as Statistics (in plural), regardless of the number of arguments.

I hope that this will satisfy everyone's language nagging.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

gege wrote:Can someone give me an example on how to use this Icon qualifier with arbitrary icons? Does it work only with this new Group feature?
Your example is good, but I forgot to add this possibility to Icon as global qualifier, only for groups. Please, take a new version which fixed that.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Killjoy12 wrote:When "Show album art with details" is selected along with the Track Browser, the track browsers doesn't work when selecting any of Magic Node.
Yeah, I reported that problem back in July, but since then nothing is changed:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19234
sffww98

MagicNodes does not display nodes

Post by sffww98 »

I have two magicnodes working in MN 1.7 on MM 3.0.1.1127. However, if I enter a CD to be ripped, MagicNodes Nodes disappear. I can get it to reappear by creating a new MagicNode. Any ideas on what else to do to keep MagicNodes visible?
ZvezdanD

Re: MagicNodes does not display nodes

Post by ZvezdanD »

sffww98 wrote:Any ideas on what else to do to keep MagicNodes visible?
I suppose that you have some another script which is in collision with Magic Nodes. Could you try to remove all MM scripts from Auto folder just to see if this is a case? Please let me know what is happened.
Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

Hi,

I just used "Advanced Filtering". Although MN-Views can be configured,
they do not seem to apply the filtering. Any help is welcome !
sffww98

MagicNodes Nodes disappear

Post by sffww98 »

I misstated my problem. Sorry. I tried using MagicNodes 1.7 but could not create or edit any nodes. the OK button on the popup is greyed out. I went back to 1.6.2.4 and can edit, delete, create Nodes with MagicNodes. But if I put a CD in to rip, MagicNodes disappears. Once the nodes disappear, they do not show up again on restart of MM or the machine. Only when I create a new Node. I am on (regretably) Vista. There are no other scripts in the Auto folder. I am running MM Gold 3.0.1.1127 with no add ons except for MagicNodes. Here are the two Nodes I create:

CDNum\<tempo|sort order:desc> \<Album>
LatestEntered|filter:<days since added><30\<date added>\<tempo|sort order:desc>\<album>

They work when the Nodes show up.
ZvezdanD

Re: MagicNodes Nodes disappear

Post by ZvezdanD »

sffww98 wrote:I tried using MagicNodes 1.7 but could not create or edit any nodes. the OK button on the popup is greyed out.
This is the feature, not a bug. If you look on What is new, you could read: "- Added: on-line checking of the correct syntax while you are typing the mask;" The OK button is enabled only when the entered mask is correct. I will add the last sentence to the first post to clarify this.
CDNum\<tempo|sort order:desc> \<Album>
LatestEntered|filter:<days since added><30\<date added>\<tempo|sort order:desc>\<album>
The first mask has one incorrect space character between > and \. The second mask should work without problem.
But if I put a CD in to rip, MagicNodes disappears. ... I am on (regretably) Vista.
Sorry, I could not help you with this. I don't have a Vista to test this, but I am afraid that this has something with MM itself. Could you try some another script which create new nodes as Tagging Inconsistencies to see if same thing happens? Please, let me know about result.