Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Post by ZvezdanD »

The add-on was already sent and received, but here is the part from the the add-on's web page that I need to mention here anyway. It is recommended that you: a) use a reliable e-mail address on the provider which will not refuse to deliver e-mails just because they contain attachments or for some other ridiculous reasons, b) if you don't have another address, then put my e-mail address to the contacts list of the address that you have registered on PayPal.

GMail's spam prevention is especially horribly sensitive. I wrote to them about it long time ago, but they just ignored me.

Spam is bad, I hate it as anyone else, but I think it is even worse when an e-mail provider constantly drops e-mails assuming they are spam without giving any notice about that to the sender or receiver.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Hi there,

Big fan of Magic Nodes! I'm trying to create a node with all music (non-classical) that is rated 5 stars, in individual playlists by Artist. I managed to do this mask:

Code: Select all

Rating, Album Artist|Position:First child|Filter:<Path> Like '%Other Music%'\<Rating|Sort order:Desc|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album artist>
However, now I'd like to do the same thing, but ONLY if the Artist has 3 or more songs at 5 stars. Is that possible?

Thanks so much for a great script, Zvezdan!
MM Gold since 2006
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

martialartsguy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:29 pm I'm trying to create a node with all music (non-classical) that is rated 5 stars, in individual playlists by Artist.
However, now I'd like to do the same thing, but ONLY if the Artist has 3 or more songs at 5 stars. Is that possible?
Maybe you could try to customize some predefined masks using their filters. The freely available version has the mask: "Artists with at least 3 tracks with track rating >= 4 stars". The enhanced version is even simpler to adjust the values specified in the filter, e.g. with the next masks:
- "Artists with at least <ID:1> files rated <ID:2> stars or more"
- "Artists with at least <ID:1> files, all files rated <ID:2> stars or more"
- "Artists with at least <ID:1> files having (weighted) avg. rating >= <ID:2> stars".
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
kbeck

Magic Node Help

Post by kbeck »

My coding is no so great. Can someone help me with a Magic Node or Auto Playlist that I can filter tracks.

Need a list of tracks with the same title but have different Original Dates. Trying to sync them.

I don't think it can be done in an AutoPlaylist that I can see. I can edit a Magic Node if it's close but I don't see any looking for both titles and dates equal.

Thanks.
KB
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Node Help

Post by ZvezdanD »

kbeck wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:30 am Need a list of tracks with the same title but have different Original Dates.
"Tracks with same Title from different Artists", replace Artist with OrigYear.
Haaden2

Post by Haaden2 »

Hope you all are well!

I have my Involved People field formatted like this:
Guitar (Electric): Jimi Hendrix; Vocal: Jimi Hendrix; Drums: Mitch Mitchell; Bass: Noel Redding; Vocal (Backing): Noel Redding

I want to create nodes of each of the items in parentheses, i.e.:
(Backing)
(Electric)

I tried the following in a mask:

<Involved people|Split by:; |Split Mode:Categories|Exclusive right of: (|Exclusive right until:): >
But I get the error, "Error executing script event. Expected ')' in regular expression.

I'm guessing it's because I'm using parantheses in my mask? Is there a way around this?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Haaden2 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:24 pm I get the error, "Error executing script event. Expected ')' in regular expression.
Thank you for the report. It will be fixed in the next version.
kbeck

Post by kbeck »

ZvezdanD wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:02 pm
kbeck wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:30 am Need a list of tracks with the same title but have different Original Dates.
"Tracks with same Title from different Artists", replace Artist with OrigYear.
Thanks. I finally got a chance to try your suggestion. Best I could tell the field I was looking for is Original Date, Although there is an Original Year. Tried both and got an error after closing.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

kbeck wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:15 pmBest I could tell the field I was looking for is Original Date, Although there is an Original Year. Tried both and got an error after closing.
I said "OrigYear":
Songs.SongTitle IN (SELECT SongTitle FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle HAVING Count(DISTINCT OrigYear) > 1)
timepiece

help with custom node - artists only in compilations

Post by timepiece »

I've been trying to get this for a while, and have been only partially successful.

I want to get all the artists I have who *only* have tracks in compilations. So, album artist is Various Artists or Movie Soundtrack etc, artist has at least two tracks, artist does not have any tracks where artist is also album artist.

I can get the first two criteria, but is the last one even possible?

I have a lot of compilations under at least 6 album artists (I separate by movie, tv, game, and broadway soundtrack, plus a couple more).
ZvezdanD

Re: help with custom node - artists only in compilations

Post by ZvezdanD »

timepiece wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:30 pm artist does not have any tracks where artist is also album artist.
I am not quite sure that understand your requirement, but if you need to find just tracks that have Artist different than Album Artist, then there is a predefined mask "Artist does not equal Album Artist".

If you want to find Artists that don't have any such track at all, maybe you could try this:

(SELECT Count(*) FROM Songs AS T1 WHERE Songs.Artist = T1.Artist AND Songs.Artist = T1.AlbumArtist) = 0
benfucius

Post by benfucius »

I have a question for the dev of this plugin. First of all, fantastic plugin! I use it daily for multiple purposes.

I'm running into an issue where a Magic Node that I want to create is causing MediaMonkey to absorb the full 3.5gb of RAM that a 32-bit application is able to use. MM then crashes, leaving the Magic Node unfinished.

I've done what I think is necessary to optimize it, and I understand that the memory issue belongs to MM and not your addon, however I'm open to suggestions on how to optimize or workaround this issue.

In case it helps to explain the issue, I have my library generally organized like this. The symbols at the end I have manually put into the folder names, to help with node differentiation:

1. Library =
2. Genre +
3. Artist ~ (non discography), or Artist @~ (full discography)
4. Year cluster # (sometimes it makes sense to cluster albums or releases by year, this denotes that. Not always present)
5. Album(s)
6. Songs

Example: E:\Music\Library =\ELEC- Trance +\[A State Of Trance] ~\2020 #\947\(songs)
Example: E:\Music\Library =\LYRC- Rock Progressive +\Dream Theater @~\1994 - Awake\(songs)

Magic Node structure:

- Level one is just a manual label.
- Level two displays Artists names, but only if it is a full discography. I differentiate these artists by putting a @~ at the end of the folder name.
.........Filters: <Path> Like 'Library =\%' AND <Path> Like '%@~%' (the idea here is to limit the entire node to the library folder, and only to folders with the discography symbol)
.........No boxes checked on the right, such as "Show files in filelist".
.........It also utilizes the "Right of" and "Right until" so that the nodes populate as album names.
..................Right of: +\ (end of the root folder)
..................Right until: @~\ (shows the name of the folders underneath these folders only)
- Level three displays Albums names.
.........No filters used here. Everything is filtered by level 2.
.........Only boxes checked on the right are "Show files in filelist" and "Show nodes"
.........I utilize "Right of" and "Right until" here too, so that the nodes are filtered to just the album name itself.
..................Right of: @~\
..................Right until: \

This is what it looks like when the node starts building (before the crash):

After a while (approx 15 minutes), especially because some artists have many albums, MediaMonkey will crash like this:
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

benfucius wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:00 pm I've done what I think is necessary to optimize it, and I understand that the memory issue belongs to MM and not your addon, however I'm open to suggestions on how to optimize or workaround this issue.
Please post the full mask that causes that issue. What is the version of Magic Nodes including its build number that you are using?
benfucius

Post by benfucius »

ZvezdanD wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:10 pm Please post the full mask that causes that issue. What is the version of Magic Nodes including its build number that you are using?
Mask:
:[Discogs]:|Icon:31|Show tracks:No|Child of:Playlists|Position:Child\<Folder|Unknown:No|Right of:+\|Filter:<Path> Like 'E:\Music\Library =\%' AND <Path> Like '%@~%'|Exclusive right until:@~\>

Version: v5.2.1.003
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

benfucius wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:37 pm Mask:
Did you try the same mask outside of the Playlists branch, e.g. inside the Magic Nodes folder?

Why are you using the Filter string on the local level of mask (for the HAVING part of the query), when it is intended for the WHERE part of the query? Did you try the same Filter to apply on the global level of mask?

In the first post you said that you have two local levels, one for artist and another for album, but the mask contains only the first local level. Do you have the same issue with this mask?

In the first post you said that you are using Right Until, but the mask has Exclusive Right Until. Do you have the same issue with both of them? What happens if you use Exclusive Right Of instead of Right Of?

What happens if you replace '%@~%' in the Filter with '%@@~%' (since the "@" is an escape character for the SQLite LIKE operator)?

Why do you use filtering by "@~" in the Filter when it is already applied by the Exclusive Right Until? The Exclusive Right Until (and all other parsing qualifiers) has the effect to the all level of the mask, not only on the level where it is specified.

What happens if you use Path instead of Folder?