Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Magic Nodes 4.0 w/ 301 masks & real GUI (2010-04-04) [MM2+3]

Post by Lowlander »

Your saying that you want to find tracks that are not empty for the lyrics field.
ie. is not "" or all tracks with value in the lyrics field.

This is programming logic as you can't use is as the lyrics field has many different values.
linn

Post by linn »

Lowlander wrote:Your saying that you want to find tracks that are not empty for the lyrics field.
ie. is not "" or all tracks with value in the lyrics field.

This is programming logic as you can't use is as the lyrics field has many different values.
I guess the "other " halve of my brain is a bit underdeveloped ,but i keep on trying to learn ;anyway thanks again for having the patience in helping me.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

linn wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote: If you want to get tracks which have lyrics, you should specify "Lyrics", "is not", "" (empty string).
Ok please bear with me ,where is the logic if i want to find tracks with lyrics ,how come i should specify "is not"?
I don't understand where is the problem. It is perfectly logical to me to say that something is not empty (the Lyrics in this case). It is same as if I say "The glass is not empty". This could mean - "the glass is full", but it could also mean "it is half filled", or one third or two third or whatever. How could you specify all those countless conditions with just one expression, if not using "is not" or "<>" as operator? If you have Gold version of the MM program and have possibility to create auto-playlists, you could see the same logic there, but instead of "is not" you would see "doesn't equal". Well, I don't like how that sounds and in my add-on I choose to use same words for filtering as the Thunderbird mail client. By the way, when I am already at it, it is irrational in my opinion that MM auto-playlists criteria could have "starts with" condition and couldn't have "ends with".
linn wrote:Btw, you wrote: "I don't know what you really want ", this is part of another post which explains what i do:
Sorry, but I still don't understand what is your intention and what is the connection with your previous request. Anyway, I already posted two different masks and you said that one of them works as you want, so I don't know why you are bringing on that again. If you take a look at the captions of those two mentioned masks, you could see what is a difference between them, although they are very similar. The first mask returns only tracks with non-empty Lyrics from Albums that have total Length greater than 3 hours, and the second one returns only Albums which have total Length of tracks with non-empty Lyrics greater than 3 hours. You could also have one more similar mask with different resulting tracks set as combination of mentioned two masks:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Albums...|Show tracks:No>\Tracks with Lyrics from Albums with total Length of tracks with Lyrics greater than 3 hours|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Lyrics <> '' GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Sum(SongLength) > 10800000 AND <Lyrics> <> '')|Position:First child\<Album with album artist|Statistic:sum(length)|sort order:asc>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
linn

Post by linn »

ZvezdanD wrote: I don't understand where is the problem. It is perfectly logical to me to say that something is not empty (the Lyrics in this case). It is same as if I say "The glass is not empty". This could mean - "the glass is full", but it could also mean "it is half filled", or one third or two third or whatever. How could you specify all those countless conditions with just one expression, if not using "is not" or "<>" as operator? If you have Gold version of the MM program and have possibility to create auto-playlists, you could see the same logic there, but instead of "is not" you would see "doesn't equal". Well, I don't like how that sounds and in my add-on I choose to use same words for filtering as the Thunderbird mail client. By the way, when I am already at it, it is irrational in my opinion that MM auto-playlists criteria could have "starts with" condition and couldn't have "ends with".
I understand it somewhat, thanks for explaining.
linn wrote:Btw, you wrote: "I don't know what you really want ", this is part of another post which explains what i do:
Sorry, but I still don't understand what is your intention and what is the connection with your previous request.
My explanation's purpose is not that i "want"something ;i only wanted to point out how i intend to use the masks, but appearently i was not to clear.
I want to generate a report with the bookreviews shown ;but because the reviews are stored on the first tracks as "lyrics "and this field is not viewable in the report, i want to copy all "lyrics "from these tracks to the comment field,which i can view in the report.
So now i have a mask to select all "lyrics " tracks, good ;why do i want it to combine it with a mask which can set a limit to the total playng length of a album ?some books which i have read and don't need to read again i still wanto keep in the db for reference; to save space i have deleted most tracks from these books.obviously ,these books are shorter than 3 hours length, this is how i exclude these books from the search :

<Group|Name:Albums...|Show tracks:No>\Albums with total Length greater than 3 hours|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Sum(SongLength) > 10800000)\<Album with album artist|Statistic:sum(length)|sort order:asc>
Now with the mask you provided me with i get what i want, both a selection of the books i need )more than 3 hours)
and with lyrics existing.

<Group|Name:Albums...|Show tracks:No>\Albums with total Length greater than 3 hours|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Sum(SongLength) > 10800000)\<Album with album artist|Statistic:sum(length)|sort order:asc>
Now i have the selection i need to copy the lyrics content to the comment field.
Cheers
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Can anyone help me with this problem re splitting?

In the involved people field I separate people with a semi-colon - ; and one press of the spacebar.

I am trying to get a node that will present me with the names of each involved person, and underneath their name the name of the album they are connected to. If the album track had three involed people - let's say, Fred Smith - soprano; Carol Smith - cello; John Smith - Piano, and I entered all their names as a multi item entry in the "Involed People" field, then I would like to see their names listed separately / independently and either the album underneath their name, or at least see the name of the track in the main window.

I have tried editing the various split examples, and the nested genres examples, but so far I can only see the track details for the first named involed person. The people coming after them are listed, but the track doesn't show up. Or, I only get the involed people as a multi item name - all the names in one big line.

Can anyone provide me with a formula that would have
Involved person
(Clicking on this gives all he involed people as separate people underneath this in a big list, even if they were part of a multi item entry)
Name of involed person
Clicking on a name lets you see all the tracks associated with this person in the main window and all the albums would be a subnode of this)

I hope this is possible and would be grateful for any help.
Jim
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Weatherman wrote:In the involved people field I separate people with a semi-colon - ; and one press of the spacebar.

I am trying to get a node that will present me with the names of each involved person, and underneath their name the name of the album they are connected to. If the album track had three involed people - let's say, Fred Smith - soprano; Carol Smith - cello; John Smith - Piano, and I entered all their names as a multi item entry in the "Involed People" field, then I would like to see their names listed separately / independently and either the album underneath their name, or at least see the name of the track in the main window.
I am not sure that understand what format you are using for Involved people. First you are saying it is just person names separated with "; " and after that you are mentioning some example with person names and their roles. If you are using just names in same way as some multi-item field like Artist, then you could use the included mask "Multi-item Custom 1 field" - just replace <Custom 1| with <Involved people|, e.g.:

<Group|Name:Split examples|Show tracks:No>\Multi-item Involved People field|Icon:Top level\<Involved people|Split by:; >\<Album with album artist>
If you have Involved people in the format "Fred Smith - soprano; Carol Smith - cello; John Smith - Piano", then you could use the included masks "Involved People by Person" or "Involved People by Role" - just replace ";" with "; " (note the space character after ";") and replace ":" with " - ", e.g.:

<Group|Name:Split examples|Show tracks:No>\Involved People by Person 2|Icon:Top level\<Involved people|Split by:; |Split Mode:Categories|Exclusive left of: - >\<Involved people|Split by:; |Split Mode:Categories|Exclusive right of: - >\<Album>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Zvenda...thanks very much...your reply helped me to try to think through logically what I want.

I want the main Node to list all the names which appear in the "Involved people" field.
Then, underneath a name, if I click on it, should be a sub node containing all the people that the selected Involved person was involved with.

If I have one track by Bob Dylan which has two involved people of "Willie Nelson; Paul Simon" then my Involved people node would look like this:
Involved People
Willie Nelson
Paul Simon

If I click on Willie Nelson, I should see "Paul Simon" underneath, and if I click on "Paul Simon" I should see "Willie Nelson" underneath him. The track on the right hand main window would be the same track, obviously.
Involved People
Willie Nelson
Paul Simon

Paul Simon
Willie Nelson

Is this possible?
Thanks for all your trouble so far.
Jim
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Here is what you wrote the first time:
Weatherman wrote:I am trying to get a node that will present me with the names of each involved person, and underneath their name the name of the album they are connected to.
Here is what you wrote the second time:
Weatherman wrote:I want the main Node to list all the names which appear in the "Involved people" field.
Then, underneath a name, if I click on it, should be a sub node containing all the people that the selected Involved person was involved with.
Those two requests are not same, not even similar, as far as I can see. You still haven't explained which format you are using for Involved people, but I suppose it is the first example with just person's names, without their roles. I already posted one mask if you want Involved people on the first level and Album on the second level. You could try the next mask for your second requirement, but there is a drawback that you would see same name under a sub-node, e.g. if you click on Willie Nelson, you would see both Willie Nelson and Paul Simon underneath him, same if you click on Paul Simon:

<Group|Name:Split examples|Show tracks:No>\Involved People and connected persons|Icon:Top level\<Involved people|Split by:; >\<Involved people|Split by:; >\<Album with album artist>
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Thanks ZvezdanD - you're right, they were two different requests - that's why I was thanking you for helping me think through this more logically.

Your latest script suggestion is very close to what I want, involved people and connected people. It does 90%. The problem with this script is that it gives you different tracks depending on how you entered the names (in what order I enter the names) in the "Involved people" field.

For example, if on a few tracks I had entered " Paul Simon; Willie Nelson", and then on other tracks I entered "Willie Nelson; Paul Simon", the results are different. Using your suggesyion I would get a list of all names entered in the "Involved people" field, so in this example the list would look like:

Paul Simon
Willie nelson

When I click on Paul Simon I would see:
Paul Simon
Willie Nelson

And when I click on Willie Nelson I would see
Willie Neslon
Paul Simon

No problem so far. However, If I click on the "Paul Simon" under neath the main Paul Simon, I only see the tracks where Paul Simon was entered first (i.e. paul simon; willie nelson) and if I click on Willie nelson I only see tracks where Willie was entered first. And if I click on the "Paul Simon" underneath the main "Willie Nelson", I only get tracks where the involved people was entered as "willie nelson; paul simon". I had hoped that by clicking on a name I would see all tracks that the person was involed with, even if that did mean I would get repeat results from other names. It would be nice to see all tracks where Paul simon has been involved with (i.e. worked with) all the various people. Does this make any more sense? So underneath Paul Simon's name would be a set of all the names he has been involved with, and when I click on these people's names I would see the tracks. Your suggested mask gives different results depending on what order I enetered names in "Involved people" field.

Please don't worry if this is a daft request. If you can help it would be great, but apologies if I haven't yet been able to explain properly what I want.
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Further to this ZvendanD, after playing about with your suggestions, this is the mask that seems to do it for me...

<Group|Name:Split examples>\Involved People and Connections\<Involved people|Split by:; |Split Mode:Parts After|Right of:; >\<Involved people|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Album with album artist>

This seems to give me what I need. I can look at a name, and then find all the other people they either played with, or were involved in something, regardless of the order I entered the details.

Hope I have made sense now, and thanks for your help, as usual. :P
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Weatherman wrote:If I click on the "Paul Simon" under neath the main Paul Simon, I only see the tracks where Paul Simon was entered first (i.e. paul simon; willie nelson) and if I click on Willie nelson I only see tracks where Willie was entered first.
Are you absolutely sure about that? When I click on those nodes I get same tracks, no matter which person is entered first. Are you sure that you are using "; " uniformly with all tracks, but not ";" (without space character)? Could you send me your database to try it by myself? Also, you could try to turn on the options "Allow editing of SQL queries" and "when select a field node" and post here SQL queries which you get when click on some of those nodes.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Weatherman wrote:after playing about with your suggestions, this is the mask that seems to do it for me...

<Group|Name:Split examples>\Involved People and Connections\<Involved people|Split by:; |Split Mode:Parts After|Right of:; >\<Involved people|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Album with album artist>
Actually, this mask would give the opposite result to your requirement. The first level nodes will display all persons which are not entered first, and the second level nodes will display Involved people as multi-item, e.g. "Willie Nelson; Paul Simon", but not as single-items like "Willie Nelson" and "Paul Simon".
markeh

Post by markeh »

I have a couple of questions about the place a magic node appears in the node tree.

1. I want a node to appear after the ARTIST node. The node is pretty simple, and does what i want it to do. If I select before or after artist, it always appears before artist. Any suggestions?

2. Any way of controlling the order that nodes appear under the Magic Node node?? I seem to find only at the beginning and end.

thnx,
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Markeh
Go to EDIT - MagicNodes Export/Import
Find the entry where your magic node mask is. Highlight it.
Press the UP or DOWN button as desired until it is underneath or above where you want it to be.
Jim
markeh

Post by markeh »

Thanks Jim.

Another question - When I installed MN, I got a long list of sample nodes. Most are of no interest. I would like to either hide, or remove them.

Hopefully not one at a time. Hopefully not lost forever.

Any way I can do this?

thnx,