Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

aprzybylo

Re: Magic Nodes 2.4 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-02-20)[MM2+3]

Post by aprzybylo » Fri May 01, 2009 9:22 am

ZvezdanD wrote:
aprzybylo wrote:if I leave one tract without rating my album disappears from the list
Have you tried to turn off the option Tools / Options / Magic Nodes Settings / Display sorting/statistic results only if all values are defined?
Thank you that fixed that problem. Now I have another one. I group my albums by avg rating but then if I have the album with let say 1 track rated to 5 and all others to 0 then the avg is 5.00. I would prefer that it is 5/total number of tracks. Any idea?

sommo

Post by sommo » Sat May 02, 2009 6:33 am

Couple of ones which I use:

Code: Select all

Albums called "Artist" Singles|Filter:<Album> Like <Artist> || ' Singles'\<Album>

Albums called "Title"|Filter:<Album> Like <Title>\<Album>

Albums called "Title" and tracks equal 0|Filter: <Track number> = '0' AND  <Album> Like <Title>\<Album>

Albums called "Title" and tracks equal 1 and trackcount equals 1|Filter: <Track number> = '1' AND  <Album> Like <Title>\<Album|max tracks:1>

Tracks with Artists name in it |Filter:<Title> Like <Artist>\<Artist>

Tracks with same Name from same Artists when one Album has name "Singles"|Icon:Top level|SQL Filter: Songs.SongTitle || '@#$' || Songs.Artist IN (SELECT SongTitle || '@#$' || Artist FROM Songs WHERE Length(SongTitle) > 0 GROUP BY SongTitle, Artist HAVING Count(*) > 1 AND Count(DISTINCT Artist) = 1 AND '#$^' || replace(group_concat(Album, '#$^'), '#$^ ', '#$^') || '#$^' Like '%#$^Singles#$^%')\<Title|Trim:1>\<Title>\<Artist>

Albums that have more songs than they should|Icon:Top level|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) > Max(CAST(TrackNumber AS integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 1)\<Album|Statistic:Count(Tracks), Max(Track Number)>

Albums with 1 Track in|Icon:Top level\<Album Artist|Max tracks:1>

Albums with 2 Tracks in|Icon:Top level\<Artist|Max tracks:2>

DunKhan

Post by DunKhan » Sat May 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi, sorry to bother you again but I'm having a fundamental problem with MagicNodes.

Basically, after a crash on my computer overnight a day or so ago MagicNodes has been acting very strange. Long story short, if I try to edit or use a node it crashes (but the nodes do appear in the sidebar fine). I have uninstalled MN and reinstalled it and have done the same with MM itself (including a "hard" uninstall, deleting the db, registry files and temp files etc. too). This hasn't fixed the problem.

Other extensions and scripts don't cause problems - the last.fm scrobbler works fine - MonkeyRok and MonkeyFlow both also work (MN etc. still don't work if I uninstall these). The only other extension which freezes MM is MyCustomNodes which has a similar function to MN.

I'm using Windows XP - it would be very much appreciated if any help could be given here as I can't really do without a program for making new nodes.

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Sat May 02, 2009 12:50 pm

just guessing - but try this:
1) Restart MM
2) Delete all nodes from MagicNodes (use Edit / Magic Nodes Export/Import...)
3) Restart MM
4) See if you can create a basic MagicNode now.

DunKhan

Post by DunKhan » Sat May 02, 2009 1:12 pm

MM doesn't have any active MagicNodes atm - they were all wiped in the uninstallation and reinstallation - no nodes in mediamonkey.ini either.

Loading up Edit MagicNodes freezes MM still...
onenonymous wrote:just guessing - but try this:
1) Restart MM
2) Delete all nodes from MagicNodes (use Edit / Magic Nodes Export/Import...)
3) Restart MM
4) See if you can create a basic MagicNode now.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Sat May 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi:

I need some help, when creating a new node with the GUI what is the best order to add the parts of the node? I am only able to add the sql portion after the name is added.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

onenonymous

Post by onenonymous » Sun May 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Using the following mask:

<Group|Name:Artists...>\Album Artist does not equal Artist|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.AlbumArtist <> Songs.Artist\<Album artist|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)>
It counts each album artist as a 2nd file. So if I have one file with two album artist (e.g. artist1; artist2) and one artist (e.g. artist1), the nodes display count of 2 files. If I change the mask to:

<Group|Name:Artists...>\Artist does not equal Album Artist|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.Artist <> Songs.AlbumArtist\<Artist|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Album|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>
it displays the # of files correctly

Big Isch

Post by Big Isch » Mon May 04, 2009 2:02 am

ZvezdanD wrote:
Big Isch wrote:In MM 3.0.3.1148, the nodes dispalyed show e.g. "(12 Albums)" and "(144 tracks)",
but with MM 3.0.7.1191 nodes show "(12 Albums)" and "(144)" without "tracks".
This should not happen, especially should not have anything related to the version of MM.
Just found out, that running all mentioned versions on another PC, are OK.
Just on one PC, "tracks" is not displayed. Tried MM 3.0.3, 3.0.7, 3.1.0.1242(beta) with MagicNodes 1.8 and 2.4.

I even uninstalled (and cleared "Documents and settings"), booted and reinstalled. But still this PC's MagicNodes do not show "tracks" :(

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Tue May 05, 2009 4:50 pm

nynaevelan wrote:when creating a new node with the GUI what is the best order to add the parts of the node? I am only able to add the sql portion after the name is added.
Sorry, but I am not sure that understand your question. Could you be more specific? Have you tried Left of / Right of / Trim qualifiers? They could be used when you want to display only part of some field.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Tue May 05, 2009 4:53 pm

onenonymous wrote:Using the following mask:

<Group|Name:Artists...>\Album Artist does not equal Artist|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.AlbumArtist <> Songs.Artist\<Album artist|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)>
It counts each album artist as a 2nd file. So if I have one file with two album artist (e.g. artist1; artist2) and one artist (e.g. artist1), the nodes display count of 2 files. If I change the mask to:

<Group|Name:Artists...>\Artist does not equal Album Artist|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.Artist <> Songs.AlbumArtist\<Artist|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>\<Album|Statistic:Count(Tracks)>
it displays the # of files correctly
Could you post a screenshot with such situation?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Tue May 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Big Isch wrote:[I even uninstalled (and cleared "Documents and settings"), booted and reinstalled. But still this PC's MagicNodes do not show "tracks" :(
Could you try Count(All) instead of the Count(Tracks)? Do you see with it (xxx files) or just (xxx)?

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Tue May 05, 2009 4:59 pm

ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:when creating a new node with the GUI what is the best order to add the parts of the node? I am only able to add the sql portion after the name is added.
Sorry, but I am not sure that understand your question. Could you be more specific? Have you tried Left of / Right of / Trim qualifiers? They could be used when you want to display only part of some field.

I wanted to create two nodes that would select the tracks based on the information in the Encoder field. So I tried creating it by adding the name of the node, then I selected the fields and groups it would belong to, but the SQL portion of the GUI was greyed out. The only way I was able to get it work was to remove everything except the name of the node. The same with the groups, I couldn't select my groups until I had first selected a field. So my question is, in what order should I be selecting the criteria for the node? I've never built any from scratch, I usually just modify one of the presets, but I would like to build my own.

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Tue May 05, 2009 5:23 pm

nynaevelan wrote:So my question is, in what order should I be selecting the criteria for the node? I've never built any from scratch, I usually just modify one of the presets, but I would like to build my own.
I am still not sure if I understand you, but I could try to give some advice. When you want to create new mask with the GUI you should first click on the New button and type some text in the Caption field - those Caption will be main node on so called global level. You could type SQL queries in the Filter text box only if you select the row for the global level, i.e. only in that case the Filter controls would be enabled. After you created node for the global level, you could add nodes for sub-nodes with some fields for so-called local levels. Yo ujust need to select some particular field in the Field list box and click on the Add button which is between Field and Nodes list boxes. Selected field would be placed in the Nodes list box below its selected node, most probably as last node, you have spin buttons with up/down arrows which you could use to move some node up or down. If you type some text in the Group field its radio button would be automatically selected and when you click on the same Add button as before you will add a new group node which will be above of the global node.

Just to repeat, you need to select a row in the Nodes list box with the Caption text if you want to edit Filter qualifier. If you want to change some qualifiers for some another node level, be it local or group, you should first select its corresponding row in the Nodes list.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your requirement and you still don't know how to get what you want.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Tue May 05, 2009 5:38 pm

I think I understand, I will play with it and let you know if I have any other problems.

Nyn

Big Isch

Post by Big Isch » Wed May 06, 2009 1:56 am

ZvezdanD wrote: Could you try Count(All) instead of the Count(Tracks)? Do you see with it (xxx files) or just (xxx)?
With Count(All) I see: (xxx)
With Count(Tracks) I see: (xxx)
With Count(Items) I see: (xxx items)
With Count(Genre) I see: (x genres)
With Count(Bitrate) I see: (x items)

Using MN 2.4 and MM 3.0.7., 3.1.0.1242