Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.1.2 w/ 370 masks & real GUI (2011-03-07)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

GIL wrote:In my case, neither. It is just never hidden.
Sorry for my English, but this is what I meant with "node is not hidden immediately after you turn off that option". Unfortunately, such kind of problem is not related to the add-on, but to the program itself and I cannot do anything to fix it.
GIL wrote:Has "hidden just temporary until some specific action" been discussed else where?
No, as far as I could remember. I asked that because such problem could be probably solved within the add-on.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
neozeks

Post by neozeks »

Hey, new MM user here. Thrilled will all the customization and add-on posibilities, including your great scripts. 8) However, I need help setting up a magic node.

I'm trying to set up a custom artist node which would look something like this:

-Artist
----Studio Albums
----Collaborations (with the albums on which the collaborations are underneath)
----Live Performances
----Special Versions (I group such songs into albums called Instrumentals, Acapella, Remixes etc.)
----etc...

So I started by using the Custom 1 field to tag the songs/albums with the appropriate "type" and then use My Node\<Artist>\<Custom 1>\<Album> So far, that's simple.
However, a Collaboration is also usually a Studio Album song too, so on some songs I need multiple tags. I don't think Custom fields support multiple tags (if I'm wrong, please correct me) so I guess I can just use some other field that does. Or I guess I could do some magic with the split or right of qualifiers or similar but that can come later (however, if you feel inclined to explain how or point me to an explanation, feel free to do it :wink: ).
But I'm wondering how should I set up the node so that it displays an album that has a song that is tagged with "Studio Album; Collaboration" showing under the Studio Album subnode only if the artist in question is also the album artist for that album. So I get only that artist's studio albums there, not also every single studio album that features them.
And conversely, so that under the Collaborations subnode I only get albums on which the artist is featured and not also get his/her own studio albums that have featuring artists on them. To put it roughly, something like IF AlbumArtist=NodeArtist THEN Studio Album ELSE Collaboration.
I guess this requires an expression of some kind. Or maybe there's a totally different way to do that, without the Collaboration tag and everything. But I'm not sure how. I'm a MM beginner and my programming knowledge is limited to some very rusty BASIC :D .
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

neozeks wrote:I don't think Custom fields support multiple tags (if I'm wrong, please correct me) so I guess I can just use some other field that does. Or I guess I could do some magic with the split or right of qualifiers or similar but that can come later (however, if you feel inclined to explain how or point me to an explanation, feel free to do it :wink: ).
Custom fields are not multi-item, but you could use the Split feature of this add-on to simulate the same thing using those fields (or anyone else). You could take a look at the "Multi-item Custom 1 field" node from the "Split examples" group about that.
neozeks wrote:But I'm wondering how should I set up the node so that it displays an album that has a song that is tagged with "Studio Album; Collaboration" showing under the Studio Album subnode only if the artist in question is also the album artist for that album. So I get only that artist's studio albums there, not also every single studio album that features them.
I am not so sure that understand what you want, but you could try with Filter:UpperW(Songs.Artist) = UpperW(Songs.AlbumArtist). However, if you already have tagged your Custom field with "Studio Album" tag for such tracks, then you don't need this filter.
neozeks wrote:And conversely, so that under the Collaborations subnode I only get albums on which the artist is featured and not also get his/her own studio albums that have featuring artists on them.
Sorry, but I really don't know what you meant with this. Maybe you could try the "Featuring artist" node from the "Artists..." group. Again, if you have tagged Custom field with "Collaboration" tag for such tracks, then you don't need any special filter - just use the mentioned node from the "Split examples" group and you would get all specified tags as separate nodes.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
neozeks

Post by neozeks »

Yeah, I guess I didn't really explain it clearly... Best if I give an example.

Say I take the song Broken Strings. It's on James Morrison's studio album but it features Nelly Furtado. So I tag it with "Studio Album; Collaboration" (say I tag it into the Genre field, so as not to complicate things with using split for now).

If I use just My Artist Node\<Artist>\<Genre>\<Album> the song (well, the album the song is on) will show up under both the Studio Album node and the Collaborations node for both artists. However, I want it to show just under the Studio Album node for James Morrison and just under the Collaborations node for Nelly Furtado. Since it's his studio album, he is the album artist, and it's not her album, for her it's a collaboration. (Or maybe Featurings would be a better word instead of Collaborations, since it's a collaboration for the other artist too, but that's beside the point). How would I achieve that, if it's posible? Or is there some totally different way to do this and I'm on the wrong track?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

neozeks wrote:How would I achieve that, if it's posible? Or is there some totally different way to do this and I'm on the wrong track?
I am not sure, but I think that what you want is not possible. In your example I suppose that you have entered Artist field as "James Morrison; Nelly Furtado". From the program's point of view both of these artists are the main artists, there is not difference between them. Also, if some track has Genre = "Studio Album, Collaborations", I suppose there is no way to display such track under one genre only, not matter what is in another filed like Artist. Instead of the <Artist> field maybe you could try something with the <Multi Artist>, <First Artist> and <Other Artist> fields, but I doubt it would be any better. Maybe you should use <Album Artist> instead of <Artist>. Also, you could try using groups and/or filters.
neozeks

Post by neozeks »

Okay. A pity, I'll try experimenting a bit more but if it's not posible I can live with it it. Many thanks for your time!
neozeks

Post by neozeks »

I did it! :D I changed the tag to "Collaborations; Studio Albums" and used this mask:

Artists|Filter:<First genre> = <Genre> OR <Artist> = <Album Artist>\<Artist>\<Genre>\<Album>

The song still shows under both the Studio Album node and the Collaborations node for the album artist, I'll see if I can do something about it, but it's not really a problem (it might even be more logical). But the important thing is it shows only under the Collaborations node for the featured artist, while not messing anything up with other songs. Long live Media Monkey and Magic Nodes!

Post by Guest »

I am trying to create a node of artists that have all their tracks rated - or conversely, a node of artists that don't have any unrated tracks. I apologize if this has already been addressed in the forums, but I haven't been able to find it. I've tried a number of things on my own, but with my very limited SQL skills I can't seem to figure this out. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Guest wrote:I am trying to create a node of artists that have all their tracks rated - or conversely, a node of artists that don't have any unrated tracks.
Magic Nodes > Artist Ratings > Artists with all tracks rated

Post by Guest »

ZvezdanD wrote:Magic Nodes > Artist Ratings > Artists with all tracks rated
Yes, but that's not working. I can't tell what it's really doing, but I get artists listed that don't have all their tracks rated, and the node only shows a partial list of the tracks that are rated. Any suggestions on a node that only lists artists that are completely rated?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Guest wrote:Yes, but that's not working. I can't tell what it's really doing, but I get artists listed that don't have all their tracks rated, and the node only shows a partial list of the tracks that are rated. Any suggestions on a node that only lists artists that are completely rated?
You are right, the mentioned mask has the problem with the multi-item artists. For example, if you have one rated track with Artist = "Artist 1; Artist 2" and if Artist 1 have all tracks rated, you would get displayed Artist 2 as well even if it has some unrated tracks.

Here is the modified mask, I think that it works fine:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Artist Ratings|Show tracks:No>\Artists with all tracks rated|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID = AArtistsSongs.IDSong AND (AArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR AArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND AArtistsSongs.IDArtist IN (SELECT ArtistsSongs.IDArtist FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND (ArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR ArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) GROUP BY ArtistsSongs.IDArtist HAVING Min(Rating) >= 0)\<Artist|Statistic:Count(All), Avg(Rating)>
Haaden22

Post by Haaden22 »

That's it! I appreciate it very much. Trying to understand the filter is giving me a headache :) but it definitely works. Thank you.
Haaden22

Post by Haaden22 »

OK, I'm now trying to create a node of COMPOSERS that have all their tracks rated. I've started off with a filter of

SELECT Songs.Author, Min(Songs.Rating) FROM Songs GROUP BY Songs.Author HAVING Min(Rating) >= 0

but MediaMonkey is unhappy with my obvious SQL stupidity and returns an error. Can I use another lifeline for an idea of how to fix this?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Haaden22 wrote:OK, I'm now trying to create a node of COMPOSERS that have all their tracks rated.

Code: Select all

Composers with all tracks rated|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID = ComposersSongs.IDSong AND ComposersSongs.PersonType = 3 AND ComposersSongs.IDArtist IN (SELECT ArtistsSongs.IDArtist FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND ArtistsSongs.PersonType = 3 GROUP BY ArtistsSongs.IDArtist HAVING Min(Rating) >= 0)\<Composer|Statistic:Count(All), Avg(Rating)>
Haaden22Haaden22

Post by Haaden22Haaden22 »

Thanks again, filter works exactly right. I have much to learn...