Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

The Wuggly Ump

Re: Magic Nodes 4.1.2 w/ 370 masks & real GUI (2011-03-07)[M

Post by The Wuggly Ump »

Can someone more informed tell me why my "Decade" custom field heading makes Magic Nodes give an error message? And why the error message generates in a place I can't actually click or otherwise select because for some reason when the error box shows up the annoying MM splash screen won't go away?

Um, the second one is probably less important than the first. :)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

The Wuggly Ump wrote:Can someone more informed tell me why my "Decade" custom field heading makes Magic Nodes give an error message?
What is the version of the Magic Nodes add-on and MediaMonkey you are using? Could you post the mask with which you are getting that error message?

According to your description, I suppose that you are getting that error during start-up of MM3. I think that a bug with the MM splash screen covering the error boxes is removed in MM4.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
The Wuggly Ump

Post by The Wuggly Ump »

ZvezdanD wrote:
The Wuggly Ump wrote:Can someone more informed tell me why my "Decade" custom field heading makes Magic Nodes give an error message?
What is the version of the Magic Nodes add-on and MediaMonkey you are using? Could you post the mask with which you are getting that error message?

According to your description, I suppose that you are getting that error during start-up of MM3. I think that a bug with the MM splash screen covering the error boxes is removed in MM4.
Yes, it's during startup - but if I remember correctly it can be triggered at other times. I changed the field heading back to the default "Custom 1" in mediamonkey.ini for a temporary fix.
I'm on MM3.2.5. Still getting used to MediaMonkey so I figured I didn't want to beta test on top of everything else. Magic Nodes version is 4.1.2.
As for the mask, I didn't actually set up any custom ones so I'm assuming it was one of the packaged masks.

Thanks!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

The Wuggly Ump wrote:I changed the field heading back to the default "Custom 1" in mediamonkey.ini for a temporary fix.
I am not sure that understand what you want to say. Do you have some Custom field named "Decade"? If this is your case then it is the reason why you are getting that error message - you should not give the name to some Custom field which is same as some of MN fields.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
The Wuggly Ump

Post by The Wuggly Ump »

ZvezdanD wrote:
The Wuggly Ump wrote:I changed the field heading back to the default "Custom 1" in mediamonkey.ini for a temporary fix.
I am not sure that understand what you want to say. Do you have some Custom field named "Decade"? If this is your case then it is the reason why you are getting that error message - you should not give the name to some Custom field which is same as some of MN fields.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with MediaMonkey's terminology yet so explaining things is tricky. But yes, that's exactly what I've done. I wasn't aware that there was a MN field with the same name, that explains things. I figured it was something I was doing, but I didn't spot that one in the list of MN's fields. :)

If I give the custom column a different title I assume that'll resolve the issue?
EDIT: That was a dumb question, heh. I just did and it's working fine. Thanks for your help!
sic

Post by sic »

I found the node "1 random song from each artist"

....how do i get "the most played song from each artist" or "..each album"
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

sic wrote:how do i get "the most played song from each artist"

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Playing statistics|Show tracks:No>\Most played track from each Artist|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs AS A1 WHERE Songs.ID = A1.IDSong AND (A1.PersonType = 1 OR A1.PersonType IS NULL) AND A1.IDArtist = ArtistsSongs.IDArtist ORDER BY PlayCounter DESC) FROM ArtistsSongs WHERE (ArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR ArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) GROUP BY ArtistsSongs.IDArtist)\<Artist|Trim:1|Unknown:No>\<Artist|Unknown:No>
sic wrote:or "..each album"

<Group|Name:Playing statistics|Show tracks:No>\Most played track from each complete Album|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT (SELECT S1.ID FROM Songs AS S1 WHERE S1.IDAlbum = Songs.IDAlbum ORDER BY PlayCounter DESC) FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum > 0 GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3)\<Album|Trim:1|Unknown:No>\<Album|Unknown:No>
scott967

Problem with Mask for Album

Post by scott967 »

Magic Nodes 4.1.2 on MM 3.2.4

I have a fairly simple mask designed to show Genre -> Album -> Disc # -> Artist
The problem is that my Album tags are like this:
aaaa
bbbb; cccc

And that is how they show up with no qualifier. But what I want is for each genre node to list:
aaaa
bbbb
cccc

So what I tried and got closest by using a Split by:; |Split Mode:Categories

That sort of works, except

If a genre has no albums in bbbb; cccc format, it isn't listed at all.
If a genre one or more albums in bbbb; cccc all the albums are listed in the tree, but only albums in bbbb; cccc format are shown in the main window when you select the Genre node in the tree view.
Statistic:Count(Album) only gives the number of Albums in bbbb; cccc format, and Count(Tracks) only tracks in albums in bbbb; cccc format

If it makes difference, Unicode is used in the album field.

scott s.

Genre,  Album, Disc #, Artist|Icon:Top level|Child of:Genre\<Genre|Statistic:Count(Album), Count(Tracks), Count(Artist)\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)|Unknown:No|Show if empty:Yes|Split by:; |Split Mode:Categories>\<Disc number|Statistic:Count(Tracks)|Unknown:No>\<Artist>
lazor

Post by lazor »

How would I go about making the track order correct when having a node select a random album?
ZvezdanD

Re: Problem with Mask for Album

Post by ZvezdanD »

scott967 wrote:If a genre has no albums in bbbb; cccc format, it isn't listed at all.
Thanks for the report. There is the new update, v4.1.3 - 2011-05-09:
* Added: 6 new masks, some old improved (mainly in the Artist Ratings group);
* Fixed: missing nodes which not contain specified string of the Split by qualifier (broken since v4.0);
* Fixed: clearing the field by setting the empty caption of a node.
scott967 wrote:Statistic:Count(Album) only gives the number of Albums in bbbb; cccc format, and Count(Tracks) only tracks in albums in bbbb; cccc format
Statistic qualifier cannot be used with Split modes that doesn't contain "String" in the name, e.g. "All Parts", "Categories"... It is already mentioned in the Information section in the first post of this thread.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

lazor wrote:How would I go about making the track order correct when having a node select a random album?
Could you post the mask you are talking about?
scott967

Re: Problem with Mask for Album

Post by scott967 »

ZvezdanD wrote:
scott967 wrote:If a genre has no albums in bbbb; cccc format, it isn't listed at all.
Thanks for the report. There is the new update, v4.1.3 - 2011-05-09:
* Added: 6 new masks, some old improved (mainly in the Artist Ratings group);
* Fixed: missing nodes which not contain specified string of the Split by qualifier (broken since v4.0);
* Fixed: clearing the field by setting the empty caption of a node.
thanks. 4.1.3 seems to have fixed my issue.

scott s.
jijodelmaiz

Re: Magic Nodes 4.1.3 w/ 376 masks & real GUI (2011-05-09)[M

Post by jijodelmaiz »

Hello mates! Sorry to bother you...

Could anyone tell me how to create a node that lists 50 random tracks of never played artists?

Thank you.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

jijodelmaiz wrote:Could anyone tell me how to create a node that lists 50 random tracks of never played artists?

<Group|Name:Random|Show tracks:No>\50 Random Tracks of never played Artists|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID = AArtistsSongs.IDSong AND (AArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR AArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND AArtistsSongs.IDArtist IN (SELECT ArtistsSongs.IDArtist FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND (ArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR ArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) GROUP BY ArtistsSongs.IDArtist HAVING Sum(PlayCounter) = 0)\<Title with artist plus album|Sort order:Random|Top:50|Show rank:Yes>
jijodelmaiz

Post by jijodelmaiz »

That's nice. Thank you very much, ZvezdanD .