Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fizzjob

Re: Magic Nodes 4.1.4 w/ 377 masks & real GUI (2011-05-29)[M

Post by fizzjob »

ZvezdanD wrote:
fizzjob wrote:I'm seeing something a little strange with MM4
I am not sure that understand your description, maybe a screenshot could help. Have you renamed Custom 3 field after creating that mask? If that is a case, you could try to close and re-open the MN Settings dialog box and create the wanted mask again using GUI controls, i.e. instead of <Custom 3> you should have <renamed_Custom_3>.
I suppose I should have added some screenshots. When I open the node, I see this, which is what I expect:

However, when I try to open one of the nodes:

So it can populate the Magic Node, but anything after the Custom field doesn't display. To illustrate, changing the node like this:

Code: Select all

Small Artwork by Size|Icon:top level|Filter:cast(Songs.Custom3 as integer) < 000250000\<Album Artist>\<Custom 3>\<Album>
Gives me this behavior (note that it follows where the Custom field is referenced in the node):

ImageImage

And, no, I haven't renamed the Custom nodes.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

fizzjob wrote:Gives me this behavior
It seems that MM4 has an issue with some SQL queries which I reported in Mantis: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7962.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

ZvezdanD wrote:
fizzjob wrote:Gives me this behavior
It seems that MM4 has an issue with some SQL queries which I reported in Mantis: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7962.
This bug is resolved in the latest MM 1392.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
toof4st

Post by toof4st »

Drag and Drop onto a Magic Node doesn't work with MM4. If I create a Magic Nodes which shows all Genres, then drop some tracks onto a different Genre, it locks MM for about 30 seconds, then eventually it errors, (although the new genre does seem to get applied). I am using 4.1.4 and MM4.0.0.1393.

Also, the Magic Nodes seem to collapse, when you click on other nodes in the tree, but I think this is a MM thing rather than Magic Nodes.

Thanks
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

toof4st wrote:Drag and Drop onto a Magic Node doesn't work with MM4.
This is a problem with the MM4 itself which is fixed in 1395 build.
toof4st wrote:Also, the Magic Nodes seem to collapse, when you click on other nodes in the tree
Thanks for the report. There is the new release, v4.1.5 - 2011-06-22:
* Fixed: filters with <Track Number> = '' and <Disc Number> = '';
* Fixed: collapsing of Magic nodes when collection is changed [MM4].
A User

Re: Magic Nodes 4.1.5 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-06-22)[M

Post by A User »

Hello trixmoto,

I have been using MagicNodes for a very long time, right now. I am used to place some "MagicNodes" like "Album Artist,Album,..." as child of the "Library" node instead of the default "MagicNodes" root node in the media tree of MM3.

MM4 introduces collections and I would like to place some nodes eigher into all collatictions or specified ones. Means the mensioned example "Album Artist,Album..." node should appear under "Library" and "Music" but not in "Video", ... . Another MagicNode (e.g. Year\Genre) should be visible in all collections.

Could you add the functionallity to add MagicNodes to all or selected collections?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

A User wrote:
Could you add the functionallity to add MagicNodes to all or selected collections?
I like this idea, I too would like to have the nodes reside in their specific file types in the tree.

BTW, it is Zvezdand not Trixmoto, :wink: of course it is an easy mistake to make since Trixmoto makes so many scripts. :lol:

Nyn

On a side note, Z have you noticed any of your nodes taking much longer to be accessible in mm4??
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

If you have been using MagicNodes for a very long time as you say, I think you should know by now that my name is not trixmoto. :evil:

Yes, I have a plan to add a possibility to specify Collection in which some node should be located. In fact, it would be just replacing the existing "MM filter" with the "Collection" dropdown list and adding the accordingly modified code. However, this means that you cannot have filtered tracks in the Magic Nodes branch anymore (or any other branch that is not the corresponding Collection). So, the nodes in the Magic Nodes branch and other branches not located into some collection would have the same filtering as the Entire Library, i.e. no filter at all (well, they still could have MN's SQL filters which are more flexible then built-in MM filters anyway). There wouldn't be a possibility to place one Magic node to all collections, only to one specified collection, but you could create multiple identical Magic nodes with only difference in the new Collection option.

Yes Nyn, I already read your post in the Beta forum, but I don't have any answer. Honestly, I am using MM4 almost only for testing of my add-ons, which means very rarely. Maybe it could help if you find a way to reproduce that problem. Is there some specific mask that is problematic or this happens with all of them? Did you try some another add-ons which create nodes in the tree like Play History & Stats, is that happens with them as well?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Yes Nyn, I already read your post in the Beta forum, but I don't have any answer. Honestly, I am using MM4 almost only for testing of my add-ons, which means very rarely. Maybe it could help if you find a way to reproduce that problem. Is there some specific mask that is problematic or this happens with all of them? Did you try some another add-ons which create nodes in the tree like Play History & Stats, is that happens with them as well?
Yes it happens with Playhistory as well, unfortunately I am out of ideas on how to research it to try to reproduce it. I do not think it is script related directly because it happens with scripts, autoplaylists and the collections. Most times it happens the first time I select a node, script or autoplaylist of that session. It seems to my mind that MM is re-caching the tracks each session and that is why it is taking so long. It is my plan the next few days to first test it at work which doesn't have any scripts, if it isn't happening there then I am going to backtrack through my scripts to see if one of them is causing it or if it is just mm that is causing it. I say all that to say it is my goal to find the cause of this because this is putting a serious damper on my listening habits. :evil:

Once I wrap my head around that I will re-visit your comment regarding putting MN nodes into relevant collections. On a side note I can say that I would set mine up with the music only nodes in the Music collection, the video only nodes in the video collection and any other nodes that could cross collections in the Magic Node node.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Z:

I've had a chance to go through all my nodes and so far they are all working except for this one:

Mask46=<Group|Name:Played>\<Group|Name:Playlist Info>\Played - Faves in 1 Playlist|Icon:Top level|MM filter:Music|Filter:Exists (SELECT * FROM PlaylistSongs WHERE IDSong = Songs.ID GROUP BY Songs.ID HAVING Count(*) = 1)\<Artist|Unknown:No>\<Playlist|Unknown:No|Show tracks:No>
It gives me this error:

mm4_magic node error by nynaevelan1, on Flickr

Any thoughts on what is wrong with it?

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:I've had a chance to go through all my nodes and so far they are all working except for this one:
You could try with the next filter instead:

Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM PlaylistSongs GROUP BY IDSong HAVING Count(*) = 1)
This is basically the same filter as in the predefined mask "Songs in one Playlist only".
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thank you, that worked perfectly, now my magic nodes are all setup, off to the next problem... :D :D

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Z:

I've just had a crazy idea while going through my presets trying to organize my mm4 db. The list of presets are getting to be very long and difficult to navigate through and in my db I have only imported a small list of the available presets that come with the script. I was wondering if it would be feasibly possible to organize the presets into sub-categories so that the list would be more organized? If possible I would like to see this functionality here and with the Magic Nodes Settings screen. Also, I was wondering if the presets that use the played dates and times could be adjusted to use the new UTC time which is in the later versions of the mm4 builds?

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

nynaevelan wrote:I was wondering if it would be feasibly possible to organize the presets into sub-categories so that the list would be more organized?
Sorry, but I don't have a plan to add something like that in the near future. There are some more important things that are waiting to be implemented. Anyway, I think that you already has some kind of possibility to organize masks into sub-categories using groups, you could collapse/expand the nodes using the tree panel in the main window and when you find some node that you want to edit or remove, you could just choose the corresponding option from the context menu (Edit Magic Node, Remove Magic Node). Also, maybe it could help if you choose the "Modeless MN Settings dialog box" option.
nynaevelan wrote:Also, I was wondering if the presets that use the played dates and times could be adjusted to use the new UTC time which is in the later versions of the mm4 builds?
Have you observed some irregularity with the masks that use the played dates/times when you ask about that? Could you describe how it is manifesting?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:I was wondering if it would be feasibly possible to organize the presets into sub-categories so that the list would be more organized?
Sorry, but I don't have a plan to add something like that in the near future. There are some more important things that are waiting to be implemented. Anyway, I think that you already has some kind of possibility to organize masks into sub-categories using groups, you could collapse/expand the nodes using the tree panel in the main window and when you find some node that you want to edit or remove, you could just choose the corresponding option from the context menu (Edit Magic Node, Remove Magic Node). Also, maybe it could help if you choose the "Modeless MN Settings dialog box" option.
Thanks, I forgot about the grouping, sorry it's been so long since I played around with creating nodes.
ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Also, I was wondering if the presets that use the played dates and times could be adjusted to use the new UTC time which is in the later versions of the mm4 builds?
Have you observed some irregularity with the masks that use the played dates/times when you ask about that? Could you describe how it is manifesting?
I've not observed it in your script but I have had problems with it in Bex's Add/Remove Playstats script, he had to create an update due to the changes with the builds after 1388. I just figured since you had some presets with the played dates you may need to change yours as well.

Nyn