Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm

renowden wrote:VBR & Channels were not flagged with a %. Are there any more e.g. Cover Storage, Cover type, Drive Type?
Sorry, I made the mistake with Channels. Only VBR should have numerical value inside of Filter/SQL Filter. You could forget a mention about Channels. VBR shouldn't be flagged with a % because it cannot be used for sort by/statistic. Maybe I should add such thing, but I don't know if anybody want it anyway.

Yes, you are right about Cover type, but there are 21 different value, and I didn't wanted to encumber a table with too much unnecessary information. Maybe you could write most useful: 3 (Front cover), 4 (Back cover), 5 (Leaflet Page), 6 (Media Label).

Cover Storage and Drive Type inside of Filter/SQL Filter qualifier should be used with same values as they are displayed in nodes, e.g. Filter:<Drive Type> = 'Audio CD'. So, they don't need any extra description.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:46 am

There is a new revision of the script (1.6.2.4). Thanks to Big Isch for report and suggestion.

Big Isch

"Right-of:" drops first char of mask only

Post by Big Isch » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Hello,

"left-of" and "Right-of:" work case insensitive.
Problem is that "right-of" drops first character of search-pattern only.

I tried and used:

Code: Select all

sCurField = "substr(" & sCurField _
          & ", CASE WHEN instr(upper(" & sCurField & "), '" _
          & sRightOfValue & "') = 0 THEN 9999 ELSE instr(upper(" _
          & sCurField & "), '" & sRightOfValue & "') + " _
          & Len(sRightOfValue) & " END" _
          & ", 9999)"
Which I've tested.
Yes, "9999" looks a little bit un-clean, but I think there is no "right()".

ZvezdanD

Re: "Right-of:" drops first char of mask only

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:30 am

Big Isch wrote:"left-of" and "Right-of:" work case insensitive.
Yes, it should work like that.
Problem is that "right-of" drops first character of search-pattern only.
I know, but same behavior had MM2 and nobody complained about that. Anyway, could you tell me why you use this qualifiers now when we have multi-item possibilities of MM3?

Big Isch

Post by Big Isch » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:39 am

I know, but same behavior had MM2 and nobody complained about that
Yes, actually it bothered me already in MM2, so I just modified the vbs.

The full story is: I want some additional statistic data for all the mp3s,
that I converted from my CDs tape, CCs, also bougth in stores.

I use "Custom 1" to store multiple info and need to parse it afterwards:

e.g.

Custom 1 = "src.cd pkg.cd.2 tracks.12+9 kind.soundtrack albumvolume.92"
So I used MM2, and implemented an additional "word right of:", that
works like "right of" but then take just up to the first blank.

So, for example, I use:

PKG\<Custom 1|word right of:pkg.>\<Album with Album Artist>
In MM3, I use the "right of:" together with "FormatMyData":

PKG\<MY DATA|right of:pkg.>\<Album with Album Artist>
("MY DATA" just uses "Songs.Custom1", FormatMyData is easy to implement)

Of course, an 'offical' "word right of:" would be best, which would be
sort-of dictionary.

I dont know "multi item values"! . Could this be used for my case ?

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:30 am

Big Isch wrote:I dont know "multi item values"! . Could this be used for my case ?
Currently, it couldn't be used for your case because Custom fields are not multi-items, only Artist, Album Artist, Genre and Classification fields. Now, I suppose that you know what I am talking, but in short: you could enter for example Artist = David Bowie;Queen for Under Pressure, and you would see this song under two nodes: David Bowie and Queen, not as one node David Bowie;Queen as you did before with MM2. There are many requests already for Custom fields to be multi-item as well and I suggest you or anybody else to send this request in MM Wishlist.

Anyway, I think that your idea is very nice and I will consider to implement similar possibility into the script. Your suggestion about dropping all characters specified with Right of also has sense. I will modify script for this, but I will not use your code because it depends of MM3 internal defined function instr.

Thank you very much for suggestions!

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:23 pm

I decided to go ahead and purchase a lifetime license to MM. I love it! But I was wondering how I might be able to add a new section (these are called nodes, right?) under Files to Edit called Unknown Lyrics that would show me just those tracks that have nothing populating the Lyrics tag. Would this script do that for me? I didn't see any way to do it natively but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, is there any way I can rename the nodes, particularly those under Files to Edit?

Thanks for any help. :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

bob61

Post by bob61 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:41 pm

spacefish wrote:I decided to go ahead and purchase a lifetime license to MM. I love it! But I was wondering how I might be able to add a new section (these are called nodes, right?) under Files to Edit called Unknown Lyrics that would show me just those tracks that have nothing populating the Lyrics tag. Would this script do that for me? I didn't see any way to do it natively but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Try this

Songs with no lyrics|SQL filter:Length(Songs.Lyrics) = 0\<Artist>

bob61

Post by bob61 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:49 pm

I was looking to use MN to create a few Nodes to create a "The Good", "The Bad" and "The Ugly" node based on the Rating of the song. For example I was trying to create a "The Good" using this:

The Good|Filter: Songs.Rating  > 3
I had expected all songs with a star rating of more than 3 to be listed, instead I got nothing - what am I doing wrong?

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:52 pm

spacefish wrote:I decided to go ahead and purchase a lifetime license to MM. I love it! But I was wondering how I might be able to add a new section (these are called nodes, right?) under Files to Edit called Unknown Lyrics that would show me just those tracks that have nothing populating the Lyrics tag. Would this script do that for me? I didn't see any way to do it natively but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, is there any way I can rename the nodes, particularly those under Files to Edit?

I asked for the same exact thing the first day I signed up for these forums, ah memories. Trixmoto made a script to do it which has not been converted for MM3 yet, but keep an eye out, he'll get to it.

Nostalgia: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... dit+lyrics

Script thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... dit+lyrics
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

fizzjob

Post by fizzjob » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:17 pm

ZvezdanD wrote:

Modified today|Filter:Days Since Modified = 0\<Title>

Modified last week|Filter:Days Since Modified Between 0 And 6\<Title>

Modified on 2007-12-21|Filter:Date Modified = '2007-12-21'\<Title>
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=Da ... eFunctions
I just tried opening up one of these nodes (using Version 1.6.2.4) of the script, and I get the following errors now:

Image Image

...yeah, I know the second picture refers to "MagicNodes-1.5.0.1.vbs", but I copied and pasted the script into the existing file. Could that have anything to do with it?

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:19 pm

nohitter151 wrote:I asked for the same exact thing the first day I signed up for these forums, ah memories. Trixmoto made a script to do it which has not been converted for MM3 yet, but keep an eye out, he'll get to it.

Nostalgia: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... dit+lyrics

Script thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... dit+lyrics
GMTA! Thank you. That looks perfect! :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

bbuchi

Post by bbuchi » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:49 pm

v1.6.1 - 2008-01-03
- Added: Send To, Edit and Delete Magic Node options to the Tree window context menu;

Thats great but i miss info/buy from google and wikipedia.

Can you this feature in one of the next versions add?

renowden

Magic Nodes Manual v1.6 Final

Post by renowden » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:37 pm

The Final 1.6 version of the Manual for Magic Nodes is now available at

http://west-penwith.org.uk/misc/MagicNodes.pdf

It has been great fun writing it and I have learned a lot.

When another major release comes out I would plan to issue a new version but in the mean time I will take note of any errors that are published on this thread. Informative examples would be good as well.

:D :D :D
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

bob61

Re: Magic Nodes Manual v1.6 Final

Post by bob61 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:26 pm

renowden wrote:The Final 1.6 version of the Manual for Magic Nodes is now available at

http://west-penwith.org.uk/misc/MagicNodes.pdf

It has been great fun writing it and I have learned a lot.

When another major release comes out I would plan to issue a new version but in the mean time I will take note of any errors that are published on this thread. Informative examples would be good as well.

:D :D :D
Nice work! Just one comment, I tripped over this line in the documentation which is somewhat confusion as I was trying to write a MN of my own.

On page 8 one of the examples give is "<rating> >= 4" however as you document the 'rating' is a "This is displayed in "Stars" from 0 to 5 in half units when used as a node or as a Statistic: but a value between 0 and 100 when used in an expression." While I guess a the example is technically correct it's misleading given that a 4 is not really an actual value that would be found in the database and people (such as what I did) may misinterpret this value to equate to the stars and not the value in the database. I would suggest that this instead be "<rating> >= 80" to related to the value for a 4 star rating.

You also have this as another example using Rating - "<rating> >= 3 and <year> between 1970 and 1979" - once again this can be confusing to the user as to using a '3' for the rating as it wouldn't naturally be a value in the databse. Or maybe just put a note in the example that this is the actual value and not star rating :)

Thanks for the document!