Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

TekGamer

Post by TekGamer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:51 pm

ZvezdanD,

I replaced the script with the new version (MagicNodes-1.7.4.2.vbs) and now when I startup, the error is gone.

What is the purpose of the Mask0 and LastNode? It seems if they don't match this may have caused the error.

I also removed all my Magic Nodes and re-created them.
Last edited by TekGamer on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TekGamer

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:26 pm

TekGamer wrote:What is the purpose of the Mask0 and LastNode? It seems if they don't match this may have caused the error.

I also removed all my Magic Nodes and re-created them. Here are my CustomNodeMask section of my MediaMonkey.ini now:
The Mask0 is a temporary mask which has made during editing/creating nodes. This is a mask which you will get next time when you enter to the create/edit dialog box. It is not important in regular use and could be manually deleted from INI file without consequence. It has almost nothing in connection with the LastNode.

The LastNode is a number of the last selected node. When you restart the program, the script tries to select the same node again, if it is not already selected by MM itself. I talked several times about that, when users asked me how to disable expanding of the Magic Nodes branch during start-up.

Problem was because several scripts which create new nodes (e.g. PlayHistory) use the same SDB.MainTree.CurrentNode.CustomNodeID variable as Magic Nodes for determining of the selected node. I think that problem is resolved now, but from your last post this is not so obvious. Are you still getting same error? Why you included your new CustomNodeMasks section?

By the way, you could find some interesting masks on http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26906. There you could find masks for Added Today, Played Today and Played Yesterday which could be written more shortly and they could be more accurate, with a regard of the users local time zone. If you want same effect with your masks, you should replace julianday('now') with julianday('now', 'localtime').

TekGamer

Post by TekGamer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:59 pm

ZvezdanD,

Yes, the startup error seems to have gone away with the new version.

I have a future enhancement request: sort CustomNodes in tree view by name instead of sorted by oldest first, newest last.

BTW, I removed the CustomNodeMask section in my previous post. I just included it because I thought others would be interested.

Thanks!
TekGamer

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:55 am

TekGamer wrote:BTW, I removed the CustomNodeMask section in my previous post. I just included it because I thought others would be interested.
It is really interesting and you shouldn't have removed it. I just mentioned this because it was confused me thinking that something still don't work as it should. But anyway, I think that mentioned thread is now a better place for collecting useful masks.

ddb

Post by ddb » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:59 pm

I just downloaded MM 3.0.2.1134 and Magic Node 1.7.4.2 - I was able to create a couple of nodes succesfully and they appeared under the Magic Node tree structure with valid data. However, after I exited out of MM and went back in, I don't see the Magic Node branch. I can still edit my existing nodes (under Edit) but I don't see them in the tree. Is there a setting I need to turn on for them to appear?

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:38 am

ddb wrote:after I exited out of MM and went back in, I don't see the Magic Node branch
Most probably, you have disabled the Magic Nodes branch in the Default View Options dialog:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 987#126987

ddb

Post by ddb » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Yep, that did it, thanks so much!

DirkDiggler_

Post by DirkDiggler_ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Hello! Does anyone have the mask to replicate an original "Artists & Album Artists" included in the program? I like it, but i just want to do a couple of edits!

NLS

Post by NLS » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:29 pm

am I doing something wrong?

I use this vbs and indeed see a node named "MagicNodes" but... nothing in it (should I see something there?)

btw same behavior with old (original) MagicNodes
---
NLS

drjboulder

Post by drjboulder » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:14 pm

NLS wrote:am I doing something wrong?

I use this vbs and indeed see a node named "MagicNodes" but... nothing in it (should I see something there?)

btw same behavior with old (original) MagicNodes
You need to actually create the nodes that you want:
Edit -> Create New Magic Node
Here is a list of useful nodes to get you started, Link.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...

fncll

Post by fncll » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm having significant problems with MN 1.7.4.2 and MM 3.0.3.1140

On startup I get this error:

The comments node works, but incomplete albums node gives me:

and then MM dies with an SQLite error?

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:20 pm

fncll wrote:I'm having significant problems with MN 1.7.4.2 and MM 3.0.3.1140
You didn't read Important section from the first post, nor the PDF manual, right? Your masks are for older versions of MM or MN. You could try MN masks from the next thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26906.

Khazad-dûm

Post by Khazad-dûm » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:53 pm

I've constructed the next Magical Nodes :D:

Code: Select all

Genre+\<genre>\<album artist>\<album|sort by:max(year),max(custom 1)|sort order:asc|statistic:max(custom 1)>\<disc number>
Now I've 2 requests, concerning the last node Disc Number. These are currently not possible with Magic Nodes, or so I believe.

Firstly, I saw somewhere that it is preferable to fill the field Disc Number with a number only, so functions remain usable. So I did fill it with 1, 2, etc. (and left it empty for one disc albums).
But I would like the nodes to show up like 'Disc 1', 'Disc 2', etc.
So it would be nice to be able to add a hardcoded text to a node, like this:

Genre+\<genre>\<album artist>\<album|sort by:max(year),max(custom 1)|sort order:asc|statistic:max(custom 1)>\'Disc '<disc number>
Secondly, most of my albums have only one disc (actually quite common, I believe). In those cases the node Disc Number shows Unknown (I didn't fill the Disc Number for albums having one disc only).
So I would like the node Disc Number to show up only for albums with 2 or more discs.
I tried solving this using the Unknown-directive:

Genre+\<genre>\<album artist>\<album|sort by:max(year),max(custom 1)|sort order:asc|statistic:max(custom 1)>\<disc number|unknown:no>
But alas this removes the album completely from the result. :-?
I would be nice if the Unknown-directive had a third option, and when using this option the album would remain shown, but only the node Disc Number itself would not be shown.

Please let me know what you think.

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:05 am

Khazad-dûm wrote:I would like the nodes to show up like 'Disc 1', 'Disc 2', etc.
I thought it was implemented, but now when you say it, I see that I forgot that. Sorry.
Firstly, ... it would be nice to be able to add a hardcoded text to a node,
This is for a long time on my to-do list and I suppose it will be in the next release or at least in the next major upgrade of the script.
Secondly, ... I would like the node Disc Number to show up only for albums with 2 or more discs.
If I understand this request correctly, I suppose this will never be possible. Similar requests was before for some another fields, for example the last one by das Monkey: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 125#134125

Here is one example:

Exm\<Artist>\<Album>\<Disc number>\<Title>
Now, if I have next albums, with your suggestion I should get:

+ Pink Floyd
    + Dark Side of the Moon
        - Speak to Me/Breathe in the Air
        - On the Run
    + Wish You Were Here
        - Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Pts. 1-5
        - Welcome to the Machine
    + The Wall
        + Disc 1
            - In the Flesh?
            - The Thin Ice
        + Disc 2
            - Hey You
            - Is There Anybody Out There?
I would have displayed tracks on both 3-rd and 4-th level which is inconsistent. Well, this is not main problem, but it is fact that for 3-rd level I have displayed tracks for first two albums and I have displayed disc numbers for the last album. This is inconsistent. Things are getting very complicated especially if I want new sub-nodes of such conditional nodes, for example a bitrate:

Exm\<Artist>\<Album>\<Disc number>\<Bitrate>\<Title>
Well, I don't know. Maybe it has some sense, I'll think about all of that, but I cannot give you any promise. Is there anybody who has similar request for some another field?

Khazad-dûm

Post by Khazad-dûm » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:06 pm

Hello ZvezdanD,

Thanks for your reply! :)
I see that I forgot that. Sorry.
This is for a long time on my to-do list and I suppose it will be in the next release or at least in the next major upgrade of the script.
OK, no problem. Thanks in advance for implementing.
Things are getting very complicated especially if I want new sub-nodes of such conditional nodes
I didn't think I was asking something complicated.
But I see that if you have sub-nodes behind such a conditional node, this could get complicated.
So if the second request gets too complicated, just forget my request.

+ Pink Floyd
    + Dark Side of the Moon
        - Speak to Me/Breathe in the Air
        - On the Run
    + Wish You Were Here
        - Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Pts. 1-5
        - Welcome to the Machine
    + The Wall
        + Disc 1
            - In the Flesh?
            - The Thin Ice
        + Disc 2
            - Hey You
            - Is There Anybody Out There?
Yes, that's exactly what I would like.
For a 2 disc album, you can select the tracks for each disc seperately. Certainly for a more-than-2 disc album this is quite handy.
For a one disc album, it makes no sense to select the disc, so it's not present (and there's no ugly node Unknown too).