Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

ZvezdanD wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:I am getting the following errors when starting MM
Most probably, your Custom 4 field has renamed in such way to contain some existing field name. If this is a case, please try with some unique text value.

If you suspect that MN has a conflict with some another script, the simplest way to test this is to temporary remove all other scripts from Auto folder (except MN), start MM and see if same error happens. After that you could move back all scripts to Auto folder.
THANK YOU, that is exactly it, I should have posted this months ago!!!
:P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
tastyratz

Post by tastyratz »

Just FYI for others.
I updated my mediamonkey to the latest version on the website and that resolved my problem. Im now on 3.02.1134 (IIRC I was on 3.01.116)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

tastyratz wrote:I updated my mediamonkey to the latest version on the website and that resolved my problem. Im now on 3.02.1134 (IIRC I was on 3.01.116)
Thanks for the report. As I suspected, this is because of buggy 3.5.1 release of SQLite engine which was in use with MediaMonkey from 3.0.0.1089 (beta4) until 3.0.1.1116 RC-4. Unfortunatelly, I didn't tried any of those versions until now and because of that I didn't know for this problem.

It is interesting that this bug is manifesting from time to time in SQLite engine (3.3.5, 3.3.7, 3.5.1), but it seems that other versions between them don't have this bug.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Oh well. I just tried several versions of MM older than 3.0.0.1089 (beta4) and all of them have same buggy SQLite engine. I am sorry, but I forgot that I had resolved that problem using 9999 as third argument of substr function. This is forgettable, it was almost one year ago. From some point in time I tried to remove that third argument, wondering why the hell I put it here. MM worked fine and I decided to stay with two arguments as SQLite manual says from same begin. I repeat - this is not my fault, but SQLite.
Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

Just curious if this is compatible with version 3.0.3.1148 as I get an error

Error #1024 - Microsoft VBScript compilation error
Expected statement
<html>
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.vbs", Line: 1, Column: 0

and if I hit Ok to that I get

Error happened during script execution:
Expected statement

then I hit ok again and MM starts but no MagicNodes
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Deadman36g wrote:Just curious if this is compatible with version 3.0.3.1148 as I get an error
Modified Magic Nodes is compatible with the MM 3.x. Just tested with the latest MM version 3.0.3.1155 RC-1 and it works fine. I suppose you are using the old "official" version. Please download the latest version of the script from the first post of this thread.
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

I have renamed my custom 1 to Origin. In it I write where I get my music from.

Code: Select all

Origin|child of:year\<origin|Statistic:Count(All)>\<album>
This node is working but insteed of the number of tracks I want the number of albums. I've tried

Origin|child of:year\<origin|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<album>
But that one don't work at all.

How can I show the number of albums?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

k_r_eriksson wrote:How can I show the number of albums?
I suppose you are using some version of the script older than 1.7.5. With this version it is fixed a bug which leads to error when Count(Items) is used on the first node level. Please try the latest version of the script from the first post of this thread.
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

Thank you! Now it works.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new revision of the script (1.7.5.1) with fixed some critical bugs.
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

Here's a suggestion - the dialog box for creating or editing a Magic Node uses an Edit field - suggest you change this to a Multiline Edit so it's easier to see and edit the code when it's really long. These are the lines I changed in the function for SkinnedInputBox:

Form.Common.SetRect 100, 100, DlgWidth, 180  '(last # was 130)
Form.Common.MinHeight = 180  '(was 130)
Form.Common.MaxHeight = 350  '(was 130)
Set Edt = SDB.UI.NewMultiLineEdit(Form)  '(was SDB.UI.NewEdit)
Edt.Common.Anchors = 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 'Left+Top+Right  '(was 1+2+4)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

onenonymous wrote:suggest you change this to a Multiline Edit so it's easier to see and edit the code when it's really long.
Thanks, but currently I don't want to change any parts of the code which will be replaced in the next major upgrade. Those parts are mainly in connection with this dialog box, its menu interface and manipulation with INI file - all of this will be written from the scratch. The new edit dialog will have much easier interface for entering of masks, almost without any typing. It is already under construction, but first I need to finish the internal script engine because GUI will depend on it.

BTW, I had similar approach in my working version of the script, but using Forms.TextBox ActiveX control. So it works with MM2 also, instead of Multiline Edit.

You know, it is really sad and pathetic that MM developers added only this control to MM3, after many request from scripters for List, ListView & TreeView controls. Even existing built-in MM controls are full of bugs and limitations.
Bex

Post by Bex »

ZvezdanD,

I have a request! :)
I would like to be able to include Folders in my "Magic Nodes"-nodes. And with Folder I mean the full FolderPath i.e. "C:\Music\A\Abba\1974 - Waterloo\" is one folder.
I often browse my collection in my location node and I want to be able to combine it with DateAdded and various Counts.

What do you say? It should be pretty easy for you to implement!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Bex wrote:I would like to be able to include Folders in my "Magic Nodes"-nodes. And with Folder I mean the full FolderPath i.e. "C:\Music\A\Abba\1974 - Waterloo" is one folder.
You didn't tried 1.7.5, right? Take a look on the source code - you will see (beside of this field) much better function for Format field (i.e. function for parsing of the file extension.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Nope, haven't updated this script lately.. :oops:
Will do it immediately! :D
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts