Page 7 of 164

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:06 am
by danhackley
Bex wrote:I googled your error and found this:
http://www.x-setup.net/forum/archive/in ... -1256.html
The root of the error comes from the fact that Vista correctly installed VBScript.dll (which is included in all editions of Vista) but did somehow not register it to the registry. This seems to be a bug of Vista (see http://www.developersdex.com/asp/messag ... &r=5746776) but so far no fix from Microsoft is available.

To register VBScript.dll yourself and thus solving this problem, please perform the following steps:

1) Point to "Command-Prompt" from the Windows menu (aka "Start")
2) Right-click this entry and select "Run as administrator"
2) Inside the command-prompt, type the following:
C:
Cd \
Cd windows
Cd system32
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
This works, but I seem to have to do it every time I restart windows. Is there any way not to have to do this ?

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:08 pm
by Bex
I guess you have to address that question to Microsoft.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:14 pm
by Peke
In windows you can set Global(All users) "On Startup" (not know how in vista) but at least you will not need to worry :)

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:40 pm
by danhackley
"Set Glogal on startup" - what does this mean ? Thanks.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:35 pm
by Peke
All will be clear when you read StartupCPL.

:oops: I made Typo :oops: Corrected.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:14 pm
by danhackley
Keep in mind I am running vista. As this website says,

" Windows Vista, after all these years, finally has a very good startup manager built-in; go to Control Panel > Performance Information and Tools, and then click on Manage Startup Programs on the left."

My current solution is to create a batch (.bat) file to execute the required command. I will try and get windows to start this batch file automatically each time windows starts.

I am sure there must be an easier way though.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:18 pm
by Peke
Wait till M$ release Patch for that Bug or with some registry Fix application which will fix missing Registry locations about VBScrip.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:05 am
by danhackley
Wait isn't in my vocabulary.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:52 pm
by nojac
I had a MagicNode for incomplete albums (Originally from Teknojnky, I think):
Incomplete Albums|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(SongOrder) <> (Max(SongOrder+1)) AND Count(SongOrder) > 1)|show tracks:yes\<Album Artist>\<Album|statistic:count(all)>
It is not working any more in MM3 B1. ("no such column: SONGORDER(1)") Any suggestion for an alternative?

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:05 pm
by Bex
They have renamed the songorder field to tracknumber so just replace it in the mask and it should work.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:55 pm
by nojac
Thank you, Bex. That worked perfectly.

Almost. Because now ALL my albums appear to be incomplete... Have they changed something in the way tracknumber is used?

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:26 pm
by Bex
Yes, I see now that it is changed. They used to save the actual track# as track#-1 (i.e. 3 was stored as 2). But they don't do that anymore.

This mask should work:

Code: Select all

Incomplete Albums|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(tracknumber) <> (Max(tracknumber)) AND Count(tracknumber) > 1)|show tracks:yes\<Album Artist>\<Album|statistic:count(all)>

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:44 pm
by nojac
I tried that before asking... But it did't work

My complete albums still come up as "Incomplete". And the inverse statement (with = instead of <>) gives an empty node

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:58 pm
by Bex
Ok, they have changed the field type from number to text. I knew that so I've should have thought about it. This works:

Code: Select all

Incomplete Albums|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(tracknumber) <> Max(cast(tracknumber as integer)) AND Count(tracknumber) > 1)|show tracks:yes\<Album Artist>\<Album|statistic:count(all)>

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:39 pm
by nojac
Thank you, Bex! Now it works. And the inverse (with more than 3 tracks):

Code: Select all

Complete Albums|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(tracknumber) = Max(cast(tracknumber as integer)) AND Count(tracknumber) > 3)|show tracks:yes\<Album Artist>\<Album|statistic:count(all)>