iPlaylist Importer 1.6 - Updated 25/05/2008

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Playlists are listed, but no content

Post by nohitter151 »

What plug-in?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Zibby

Post by Zibby »

Playlist Importer Script (not plug-in, sorry!).
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

May be an issue specific to the script. Try also posting issue in the scripts thread here.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Zibby

Trouble with Playlist Importer Script.

Post by Zibby »

Hello -
I'm new to MM and having a difficult time getting playlists imported from iTunes. I have used the Playlist Importer Script, and it imports the files into the library and also imports the playlists' names. But when I open any playlist, it's empty. I've cleared the database several times and started by scratch, using the Add/Rescan function first, and then using the Playlist Import script first. Nothing seems to get the files in the playlists. Other than that, everything seems to be working.

Any ideas??

Thanks.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
gk

Re: iPlaylist Importer 1.6 - Updated 25/05/2008

Post by gk »

Hello Zibby,

To sum up the current status of this script is in development of version 1.7 which may solve your problem.

v. 1.6 has problems with non-ASCII characters in both playlist names and in filenames.

What we are working toward is to rise to the same level of Unicode support that exists in MM.

I have already fixed the problem in regards to playlist names:
iPlaylist Importer 1.7 (unreleased, in development) supports playlists with UTF-8 [iTunes XML] characters.

The problem that you are reporting may have to do with unicode characters in the actual filenames - MM supports UTF-16 filenames but iPlaylist Importer 1.6 does not.

I am trying to get the next version, 1.7, to the same level as MM, but we're not there yet.
Hopefully, within another month or two, I will solve this problem having to do with the vbScript environment.

In the meantime, if this is at all reasonable: try changing your filenames to use only ASCII characters.
I have not found a problem with version 1.6 when encountering pure ASCII.
DesmondPA

iPlaylist Importer - Problem with Comment Tag Field

Post by DesmondPA »

Hi,
I am using Media Monkey 4.11.1.1783 , iTunes 12.3.3.17

I have exported a playlist of 10 songs from iTunes to an XML file using iTunes-->File-->Library-->Export Playlist
I have added to MediaMonkey the add on iPlaylist Importer 1.6
I import the playlist into MM using MM-->Tools-->Scripts-->iPlaylist Importer

Now, I notice that 7 of the tracks are imported correctly but the other 3 are consistently named to some other name (e.g. Bohemian Rhapsody) and the Path field has an E in it instead of the physical location of the music files within the iTunes Library which the correct files naturally have.

I had a look at the XML file and notice that the Comment fields are split by a Carriage Return (<LF><CR>)
I then edit the file and take out these Returns on the offending entries and the Playlist is loaded correctly.

Is this a known problem and is there a workaround apart from editing each XML playlist before importing ?

Cheers,

Dezzz.
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun May 01, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
DesmondPA

Re: iPlaylist Importer - Problem with Comment Tag Field

Post by DesmondPA »

Hi..

OK..I had a look at the VBscript and inserted a few lines to correct the situation...basically I keep on doing a .ReadLine until the 'Trimmed' line has a Tag ending (">") as its last character.

So for anyone interested I changed the iPlaylistImporter.vbs at about line #90

Hope this helps...

Do While Not txt.AtEndOfStream
Dim str : str = txt.ReadLine
If InStr(str,"<") > 0 Then
str = Mid(str,InStr(str,"<"))
End If

>>>INSERT

Do While Right(Trim(str),1) <> ">"
str = str + txt.ReadLine
Loop
str = Replace(str, vbCr, " ")
str = Replace(str, vbLf, " ")
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

Help.....i used the playlist importer script and it imported the playlists from itunes into mm but no music titles. I cleared and ran a second time and got all of the playlists and music titles but the path is the old itunes path.

Is there a way to point all of these playlists to my new mm library? I am dealing with about 50 playlists and thousands of songs.

Maybe a lost file link i can run the playlists through. The path for the mm titles is correct as it resides on my local hard drive but all of the playlist titles point to the old itunes external hard drive. I should mention my old itunes is on a mac and my new mm music is on a windows 10 pc. I am done with apple because they were deleting 20 to 500 titles from my library when synching. Goodbye apple.
Lenovo Laptop:
12th Gen i5 Intel processor
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

* Primary Apps: MediaMonkey 5 (not GOLD yet).
davecarusomusic

Post by davecarusomusic »

I have the same issue -- I have hundreds of iTunes playlists with many songs in them. I imported them to Media Monkey using iPlaylist Importer v1.6. Hundreds of the playlists imported to Media Monkey have no songs in them. Those playlists will not sync to my Apple iPad. A 2015 reply indicated that a version 1.7 of iPlaylist Importer might fix this issue. It's now 2017 and there is no link here for the new version. Is iPlaylist Importer no longer supported?
rorino

error installing iPlaylist Importer 1.6

Post by rorino »

Helllo,

When I try to install the iPlaylist Importer 1.6 script I get the error: "A script engine for the specified language can not be created". Im using MediaMondey Gold, 4.1.12.1798.

Please help as I want to get rid of Itunes but have to many playists to get into Mediamoney.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

d ross

Ampersand in file path makes import of song entry fail

Post by d ross »

FWIW,
using this script seems to fail to find the songs in the library when their is an ampersand in the file name or path. Subsequently it creates a new library entry which does not have a correct path or file name.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This means script needs to be updated, you should write Trixmoto PM or see if you can correct it yourself, script seams fairly simple.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Post by Peke »

Replied to our other topic problem is in the markup characters.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Laura

Post by Laura »

nothing works. My itunes won't sync and Media monkey won't either. I can't get my playlists to import the whole process sucks. No one writes instructions for those of us who aren't computer experts. Itunes says the ipod is not readable and I have restored it over 4 times still nothing. Media monkey acts like it is going to sync but gets stuck at 10,000 songs. Why doesn't someone write easy to follow and find instructions.