Solution for Fixing trixmoto's Batch Art Finder in Vista

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

chrissomatic

Solution for Fixing trixmoto's Batch Art Finder in Vista

Post by chrissomatic » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:00 pm

I recently had the same MSInet component problem in Vista that has been documented in the main program thread, and tried everything that was suggested there.

I registered and unregistered and re-registered the activex control many times, in several different locations, and I got 'success' messages in the console everytime, but in MediaMonkey, it never seemed to take.

What worked for me was to install Visual Basic Express Edition, which you can dowload here. It installed different components (including the Msinet component) that Microsoft chose to leave out of Vista.

One thing that does seem to be an issue now, however, is that when I try to switch search engines while the script is open, the script window closes and does not come back. However, this is definitely preferable to the script not working at all.

Let me know if this solution works for any of you other troubled Vista users out there.

Hitman

Post by Hitman » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:44 am

Maybe a quicker solution:

- Download: http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/msinet.cab
- Extract the 2 files
- Right click the msinet.inf file and choose intall.
- Done!

jonp

Post by jonp » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:32 pm

I tried Hitman's suggested solution first - no luck. Next tried chrissomatic's solution - still no luck.

Any other ideas?

RedX

Post by RedX » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:48 am

jonp wrote:I tried Hitman's suggested solution first - no luck. Next tried chrissomatic's solution - still no luck.

Any other ideas?
Get XP back ;-)

[just being sarcastic]

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:13 am

Personally I found the "regsvr32.exe" file in "C:\windows\system32\" (if I remember correctly), then I right-clicked on this file and sent to desktop as a shortcut. In the shortcut properties I then added the "msinet.ocx" file to the target and in the advanced section I set to "Run as administrator". Then when I double clicked the shortcut I got the UAC warning which I confirmed, and it's all worked since! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

jonp

Post by jonp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:53 am

trixmoto - thanks for your suggestion. Worked perfectly!!!! Also thanks for all your GREAT scripts and adice.

AliZ

Post by AliZ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:22 am

Hi Folks,

it seems that it is not necessary to download the msinet.ocx. On my WinXP I find the msinet.ocx in c:\program files\mediamonkey\skripts\auto and c:\windows\system32.
Normally oxc-files are stored in c:\windows\system32.

On my MS Vista the file is also stored in both locations. But I don't know if the file was already there before downloading and installing (see former posting). Anyway.

My suggestion: copy the file msinet.ocx (from c:\program files\mediamonkey\scripts\auto or the file from MS) to c:\windows\system32 (if it's not already there). Confirm the UAC message box.
Open the cmd.exe as admin (search for cmd, right click -> run as administrator)
Go to c:\windows\system32 (if you are not already there)
Type "regsvr32 msinet.ocx" and confirm the UAC message box.

After a restart of my Vista it works pretty fine. Thx to trixmoto for this great script.

AliZ

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:36 am

My script installer puts this file in the "Auto" folder and then when the script first runs it tries to install it by first copying it to "system32" and then trying to run "regsvr32". As you've found this, the automatic registering fails due to the UAC that Vista has.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

phanmo

Different fix

Post by phanmo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:10 pm

I was having the same problem; tried all the fixes with the exception of installing Visual Basic Express Edition. Instead I installed this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887 a whole lot less bloat and it worked for me. You have to run it as administrator and even then it gave me a hiccup but it worked. Hope this helps someone.
Cheers!
btw love the anti bot test!!!

burt

Post by burt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:12 am

I received the same error. I closed MM3 and then reran it as administrator. This should give processed spawned by MM3 admin rights. Then I did a single album using the script, found the art, updated the track, and exited the script without an error. The tracks were updated. I closed MM3 and reopened without admin rights and it continues to work. The only problem I see is that the little counters at the bottom of the image match frame don't count successful matches. Thanks Trix for the scripts!

Burt

snacks

Post by snacks » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Was having the same problem with Vista, but used Hitman's solution and now it's working! Thanks guys. (and as always, thanks Trixi for the hard work... appreciated)

Snacks

Benn

Re: Solution for Fixing trixmoto's Batch Art Finder in Vista

Post by Benn » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:31 am

Hi, sorry to bring this topic up again. I have tried all the solutions here, and I still get a "the MSInet component cannot be found.." message. I am very inexperienced at all this, and do not even know what MSInet is, so any help would be appreciated.

(Thank you, Trixmoto, the other scripts I have used are brilliant :))

snacks

Post by snacks » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:10 pm

Hey Benn,
I used Hitman's solution and it worked, but then I had a computer problem and had to re-install Vista (Ugh!). After I re-installed Vista I re-installed MM and then tried to use Batch finder and forgot to install the MSi, so I put it in and batch finder didn't work. So what I did was completely un-install MM (all MM files... but of course you don't have to rescan your music, just save those cache files elsewhere and then copy them into your new MM folder) and then put in the MSI first, and re-installed MM. Then just to make sure I installed MSI again, trying to cover all my bases - and then I installed Batch Finder and it worked. I hope this helps.

Snacks.

Benn

Post by Benn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks snacks, will try that for sure. But, what is MSI and where can I get it? Thanks for your help..

snacks

Re:

Post by snacks » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:50 am

Hitman wrote:Maybe a quicker solution:

- Download: http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/msinet.cab
- Extract the 2 files
- Right click the msinet.inf file and choose intall.
- Done!
Here is what I was referring too, sorry for shortening it. And here is how I found it - and thanks again Hitman.
Good Luck.