Solution for Fixing trixmoto's Batch Art Finder in Vista

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Benn

Re: Solution for Fixing trixmoto's Batch Art Finder in Vista

Post by Benn »

^^ Works, thanks for all your help. Having trouble importing my old .db file into my new install now :(
temp

Post by temp »

yeah, it seems that if you install the MSI after MediaMonkey, it might not work. (I tried all the methods, so don't know if one or the other works)

I just did the MSI install attempts, to no avail. Uninstalled MM it and re installed MM and it all works.

Thanks again for the script Trix!
stardust rain

Post by stardust rain »

I know this thread has died, but I figured I'd ask here instead of the main thread.

So, I've tried everything am still having problems. The thing is, I do have the MSINet.ocx file, in both the MediaMonkey/scripts/auto folder and in the system32 folder, but the error still keeps coming up. I tried to rum emd.exe, like AliZ suggested, but all I get was "this file is unrecognisable" message. Stranger still, the first time I ran the script in MM, it worked perfectly. It was after the third or fourth time that I started to get the error message, for some reason.

Also, I'm quite inexperienced at computering and therefore deathly afraid to go poking about in the system32 folder (just getting the error message in emd.exe made me freak out a little); last time my computer crashed was because system32 had a corrupted file, and I lost a lot of irreplaceable files, which is why I'm scared that I'll do something wrong and it'll happen again.

Could anyone help? Cheers.

Post by Guest »

The first posted solution was the only one that worked for me.. I tried everything else first as I thought it would be easier but I should have started there... So it's a +1 for installing Visual Basic Express Edition...
gntucker

Post by gntucker »

Re-registering the msinet.ocx did not help, but installing Visual Basic Express Edition solved the problem. Cheers!
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

Another vote for Visual Basic Express - this worked without a hitch for my Vista 64 install.

Post by Guest »

did everything in the thread as suggested, none of it seemed to work, right-clicked on my mediamonkey quick launch shortcut and "ran as administrator" and then ran the script and it worked all of a sudden... might work for others having trouble... (e.g. run everything as administrator)
Delt

Post by Delt »

Simplest solution (and I tried them all):

In Windows 7, just right click and run Mediamonkey as administrator and voila no problems.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

You do know you can make the shortcut always run MM as administrator right?

Right-click on it, select Properties, Compatibility tab, check the box at the bottom. :)
Stop Button Freak
Peke

Post by Peke »

In some cases installing Mm using Run as Administrator fixes issues also.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

I've made it: OCX, register as admin, reboot, run MM as admin.
Trixmoto you rule!
affablefreddy

Post by affablefreddy »

i have an issue with batch art finder not finding anything when using google, also is there a way to find bigger images, this really is brillant!!!!! mine works with rate your music. album art i would love to have would be 500x500, but anything up from this would be great, other wise have to do it manually and that will take forever!!!!!!!
amar3213

Post by amar3213 »

the same problem in windows 7 and nothing solving this problem. I didn't try to install Approx 500 MB of Visual Basic Express for running this little script.
gerardsyd

Post by gerardsyd »

If you are on 64-bit version of Win8, you need to install into SysWOW64 folder instead of system32 folder and follow the regsvr instructions...
(see: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... bb0bce3bd9)
Took me a while to figure that one out!!
eclecticlady

Post by eclecticlady »

I'm running Win8 and have tried all the above solutions including installing the msinet.ocx in /windows/SysWOW64 to no avail. Has anyone found a solution?