AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

No. The script doesn't use this value anyway because it always recalculates it due accuracy.
The option is just there so that the users can see the points if they want. That's useful if you want to make your own formula for example.

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Berny:

Even though I told the installation not to overwrite my formula, when I ran AR, the new ratings are using the new formula, I'm sure it overran y formula because I do not use halfstars because my player doesn't recognize them. This seems to only happen on the first run though. My startup of MM seems to take longer also but other than that it seems to be working well.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Big_Berny wrote:
Disiple wrote:I also want to know if there was a way to have the auto rater take into account what I rate. That is if I had manually rated 3% of my library with 5 stars and it was set to auto rate 5 stars up to 7%, will it auto rate up to 7% including my 3% or rate its own 7% meaning that my total 5 star ratings combined could equal 10%? Sorry if that was confusing it hurt to write it. I can try to explain better if you need.
Yes, I know it's difficult to explain such theoretical things but I understand exactly what you mean. :)
We just had a discussion about that some posts above. Unfortunately it's not so easy to implement because what should happen when you already have 9% 5-star-songs manually rated but in the script you only set 7%? I have to think about a solution for that first. At the moment the percentages include only the songs that will be autorated. So if 5000 songs are autorated, 50 songs get 5 stars when it's set to 1%. It doesn't look at the songs you already rated manually.
Big_Berny
Was this implemented in your update.

Not really sure if I would want it to look at things in that manner.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Big_Berny wrote:No. The script doesn't use this value anyway because it always recalculates it due accuracy.
The option is just there so that the users can see the points if they want. That's useful if you want to make your own formula for example.
So if I disable this option and clear this field (so I can use it for something else) the script will still run properly?
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

nynaevelan wrote: Even though I told the installation not to overwrite my formula, when I ran AR, the new ratings are using the new formula, I'm sure it overran y formula because I do not use halfstars because my player doesn't recognize them. This seems to only happen on the first run though.
That's strange, doesn't happen here. In your case it seems that the percentages have been changed not the formula. And the percentages shoudn't get changed whether you answer the qustion with yes or no...
But I can't reproduce it: The percentages stay the same here and also the formula only gets updated when I want it.

Can you tell me how you installed it?
Did you uninstall first? (isn't needed!)
Did you ran the setup while MM already was opened?
Did you use one of the newest versions of AutoRateAccurate before updating?
Can you maybe try it out again to install the new version? (Look at the percentages in the options and the formula)
My startup of MM seems to take longer also but other than that it seems to be working well.
That's strange too! Because MM doesn't slow down MM anymore with "Auto-calibrate" enabled. If you have disabled it anyway the speed should be the same like before. Didn't you install another script which slows down MM?

Anybody else noticed this things? It's really strange because I didn't change so much that all this could happen...

Thanks for testing by the way! :)
Last edited by Big_Berny on Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

drjboulder wrote:Was this implemented in your update.

No, I didn't implement that. First I really have to thinf about how to make it working perfectly. So you like the way it works today more?
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

spacefish wrote:
Big_Berny wrote:No. The script doesn't use this value anyway because it always recalculates it due accuracy.
So if I disable this option and clear this field (so I can use it for something else) the script will still run properly?
No, unfortunately not because the SkipCounter is still stored in the customfield.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Big_Berny wrote:
drjboulder wrote:Was this implemented in your update.

No, I didn't implement that. First I really have to thinf about how to make it working perfectly. So you like the way it works today more?
I vote for keeping it the way that you have it set up.

Since this is an auto rate script, it should only be based upon what has not been manually rated.
If ratings become to skewed in one direction or another, it should be up to the user to fix precentages or let the script auto rate everything.
D Rock
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Big_Berny wrote:
spacefish wrote:
No, unfortunately not because the SkipCounter is still stored in the customfield.
Now I am confused...
By turning it "off", does this mean it is not saved to the tag - but, is saved in the database? Thus not resulting in device synch updates.
D Rock
BerniPi

Post by BerniPi »

i installed the new version and there haven't been any question about the formula and it got overwritten. Fortunately i made a backup some time ago.

thanks, for the new option, that the values aren't stored in the field anymore!!

I played with the formula a little bit, and thought about what the formula shoud look like:
My first idea was, that the difference between 1 or 2 plays shoud be greater, than a difference between 30 and 31 plays.

In the original formula plays go with the power of 3 (or 5?), so it behaves inverse.
A good function for a (mathematically) more accurate forumula is the logarithmus.
In consequence i had to adapt the other values aswell.

The sum of all this is this forumula:
10000000000 * (10*log(Played+1)-Skip^2)/( DaysSinceAdded)^(0.125) / 1.001^((1/log(Played+1))*DaysSinceLastPlayed^1.1)
advantages:
- the formula has little problems with overflow.
- new songs with few plays have a chance to get "high stared".

drawbacks:
- the forumula isn't very stable, that means that ~1% of all ratings are changed from one day to another.

maybe someone has ideas to stabilise the formula much more.

edit:
i included some new behaviour: the dayssincelastplayed get divided by log(Played+1). that means that the dayssincelastplayed have more influence on lessplayed tracks, than on other

edit2:
i discovered a bug in my formula and tested a second time the changes from one day to another. without any play in this period only 5 songratings from 3133 were changed.
i think that that is very good, and the disadvantage "unstable" isn't right anymore.

Anyway i would be very happy for some proposals
Last edited by BerniPi on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

drjboulder wrote:I vote for keeping it the way that you have it set up.
Ok. Good to know that there also also people who like it that way.
drjboulder wrote:Now I am confused...
By turning it "off", does this mean it is not saved to the tag - but, is saved in the database? Thus not resulting in device synch updates.
It only affacts the points. The skipcounter and the status (AR/MR/BR) are stored in the customfield anyway!

Instead of "0000 AR 0000000000000000 AutoRateAccurate 01" it looks like this: "0000 AR AutoRateAccurate 02". I'll make that more clear in the options.

@all: If this information also could be stored in other fields (to save a customfield) which one would you prefer? Encoder? Copyright? ISRC?
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@BerniPi&nynaevelan: Probably your problem with overwritten settings are because you didn't use the last 2.0.3 before. But it only should happen once. Could mybe try to install the 21RC again? Now you should see the question and the settings shouldn't get overwritten again.

@BerniPi: Thanks for your formula. I'll check it out! :)
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Just a quick post, cause it is past my bedtime. :cry:
Deleted all old autorate values, ran the script.

(not looking forward to Pod Synch)

Worked great.
Will look at results more tomorrow.
But, script is definitely functioning as it should.
This Guinea pig sez, Good Work! :D
D Rock
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Big_Berny wrote:
drjboulder wrote:Now I am confused...
It only affacts the points. The skipcounter and the status (AR/MR/BR) are stored in the customfield anyway!

Instead of "0000 AR 0000000000000000 AutoRateAccurate 01" it looks like this: "0000 AR AutoRateAccurate 02". I'll make that more clear in the options.
Yes, because from the options, it makes it seem like ARA won't use the field if the option isn't checked. It's definitely not clear. Since it writes it anyway, I guess I'll still use it. I don't use a portable that stores playcounts so this doesn't matter to me.
@all: If this information also could be stored in other fields (to save a customfield) which one would you prefer? Encoder? Copyright? ISRC?
I mentioned elsewhere in this thread that ISRC would be the best field for my purposes. I can't imagine ever using that field for ISRC since I even had to look it up to find out what it was. :P

Another benefit to using ISRC is that I'd be able to see the whole string as that field is longer.

Would it be possible to let the user pick which field to use, perhaps from just a few?
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

spacefish wrote: Yes, because from the options, it makes it seem like ARA won't use the field if the option isn't checked. It's definitely not clear. Since it writes it anyway, I guess I'll still use it. I don't use a portable that stores playcounts so this doesn't matter to me.
Well it has nothing to do with the ability of the player to store playcounts. If you store the points in the customfield the problem just is, that the points change daily due the formula. So the customfield changes too everytime you do an autosynch. And because of that MM means that the song has been modified and syncs it again when you use autosync. That takes a long time here with my 160 GB ipod. That's why I implemented that option.

Thanks for your comments about an additional field btw! I'll have a look! :)

Big_Berny