AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

BerniPi

Post by BerniPi »

There is a bracket-failure in that formula, you can correct it manually on line 9 of the script:

Code: Select all

Public Const BerniPi_Formula_1 = "500000000000+10000000000*((Played+1.01)^0.5 *0.999^(DaysSinceLastPlayed/(Played/3+1)) - (Skip+1.01)^0.85)"
edit: You have to restart MM after changing the code, or better: Shut down MM before changing the code.
RedX

Post by RedX »

BerniPi wrote:There is a bracket-failure in that formula, you can correct it manually on line 9 of the script:

Public Const BerniPi_Formula_1 = "500000000000+10000000000*((Played+1.01)^0.5 *0.999^(DaysSinceLastPlayed/(Played/3+1)) - (Skip+1.01)^0.85)"
edit: You have to restart MM after changing the code, or better: Shut down MM before changing the code.
I'm still getting the minSkip not defined error...
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Here's Beta2:
AutoRateAccurate 2.2 Beta2 - Installer
AutoRateAccurate 2.2 Beta2 - for manual setup

Changes since Beta1:
-Changed: Optimized "Reset SkipCounter", "Delete AutoRatings" and "Delete all ratings".
-Changed: Optimized DaysInLibrary and DaysSinceLastPlayed.
-Fixed: MinSkip not defined. (Thanks bgibbard)
-Fixed: Missing ')' in BerniPi's formula. (Thanks RedX)

A technical info for BerniPi:
In Beta2 DaysInLibrary now doesn't use days since 29.12.1899 when there is no Song.DateAdded (no idea why but I have this on some songs). This shouldn't affect correct databases.
And DaysSinceLastPlayed of non-played songs now isn't the days since 29.12.1899 anymore but the days since oldest DateAdded of the library. It's kind of 'worst case' but much more fair because before it used DaysSinceLastPlayed of about 36500...

By the way: I someone else also has a good formula I can add it too! :)

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Thank you so much for the formula descriptions! I've decided to try BerniPi's formula (thank you, BerniPi!) because it fits best with my listening style. I always listen to new music right away but I don't necessarily want to give it a bonus just because it's new. I might not like it so much!

Thanks again. Love this script. :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Cool, that's exactly why the different formulas are here. :) BerniPi's formula works great here too. :D

Just a little correction: New songs don't really get a boost with my formula it's just that it also looks how much a song already is in the library.
Example: If you have a song about a year and listened to it 3 times then it's probably not as good as a song you added yesterday you already listened 3 times untill then.

There will probably be new optimized formulas by me and BerniPi soon as he had a very good idea how to improve something. :)
If you are technically interested: There will be a new variable for the formulas called DaysSinceFirstPlay which will give more accurate results than DaysSinceAdded in most cases.

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I tend to listen to new music the same day I put it in my library (if not, it's always shortly after). I would agree that a song with only a few plays in a year old database should be rated lower. That's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish with this script: get true ratings based on number of plays related to how long the track has been in the database and number of skips. I do tend to play tracks I like more than tracks I don't like so I think this script is perfect for me. I hope I've understood correctly why I'm using BerniPi's formula.
There will be a new variable for the formulas called DaysSinceFirstPlay which will give more accurate results than DaysSinceAdded in most cases.
Oh, that sounds like exactly what I want. My database is entirely new (well about 2 months old now) and I haven't yet listened to most of my music (according to MM). So I have about 13K tracks all with the same Added date and then all the stuff I've gotten since I started using MM.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Big_Berny

Next

Post by Big_Berny »

Download:
AutoRateAccurate 2.2 Beta3 - Installer
AutoRateAccurate 2.2 Beta3 - for manual setup

Changes since Beta2:
-Added: The whole "Keep manual ratings"-thing has been redone and a new option added.
-Added: New variable 'DaysSinceFirstPlayed' for the formula. Date of first play is stored in the Customfield. (Thanks BerniPi)
-Changed: All formulas have been updated. (Thanks BerniPi)
-Changed: AutoRateNow is a bit faster.
-Changed: SkipDetection has been improved.
-Fixed: SQL-problem. (Thanks BerniPi)

It could be that there are new bugs because of the changes but I think it should be stable. Thanks to BerniPi for testing and the formula. :)

Good night!
Big_Berny
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Hey Berny,
Since latest update I am getting this error message:

Un-installed last version, kept settings.
After setting up the latest version, it ran once flawlessly.
Now I get the message either upon trigger by song or clicking on the icon in title bar.
Any ideas?
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hmm... Could you send me the customfield of a song with this problem? Thanks.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Big_Berny wrote:Hmm... Could you send me the customfield of a song with this problem? Thanks.
Well, it seems to happen with any song that I play when first opening the monkey.

First custom field that I looked at was manually rated:

0000 MR 7/16/2007 AutoRateAccurate 04
So, tried first song being AR:

0000 AR 6/19/2007 AutoRateAccurate 04
These both seem to look a lot different then I remember custom field entries looking like.
I am using the BerniePI formula.

Like I said tho, on first run after up-date all went smoothly.
:-?

Edit:
Here is a BR:

0000 BR XXXXXXXXXX AutoRateAccurate 04
D Rock
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yes, that's right. It looks different in 2.2 because now additional data is stored in it.

The problem is that with your region settings the date is '6/19/2007' while with mine its one character longer as it makes 06 instead of just 6. I'll fix that!
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Big_Berny wrote:Yes, that's right. It looks different in 2.2 because now additional data is stored in it.

The problem is that with your region settings the date is '6/19/2007' while with mine its one character longer as it makes 06 instead of just 6. I'll fix that!
Dang, your good!
I just changed my regional settings - mainly because I prefer a leading zero anyway, be it date or track number.
Did not help with ARA, but I am assuming that is because custom field already contains short date.
Looks like I am in for another long pod synch when this is fixed. :(
Oh well, the price of beta testing!
Appreciate all the work that you have put into this!
There should be a Noble Prize for "Mathematically Based Visual Basics Scripts". :wink:
D Rock
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

You can test it if you want, just remove the customfield of one song. Should work then when tha date is 10 characters long. But as I said I'll fix it anyway.

By the way: It would have taken a long pod synch anyway because the customfield of all songs changed due to the additional information. But thanks for testing, I know that it's annoying sometimes. :) I always try to test it by myself first but problem like these are difficult to see.

Hehe, thanks. Glad you like it! :) Probably I'll have a little break after finalizing 2.2 because at the moment there's nothing I want to / can change anymore.... But I thought the same after 2.1. ;)
pbparker

Post by pbparker »

I have one question with the usage of this. I realize the method of this is to rate based on percentages of the music catalog, but how do I really tweak it to be based on simply listening times?

As it is now, it's rating things I've listened to once 4 stars. I don't think anything should get 4 stars unless I've listenened to it many times.

I want ratings simply based on played numbers, no percentages. I don't want to force ratings upon tracks simply because it falls into a percentage.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Well, I think you didn't understood the idea of the percentages correctly. Ratings aren't forced! It just calculates the points with of a song with a formula and then the songs with higher points get higher ratings. In the default formula songs which you played will get a high points because the formula also uses other informations like how much you played the songs per days and so they also get high ratings. But this rating will decrease quite fast when you don't listen to them some days!

But the good news for you: that what you want can very easily be done! :) Just select 'Custom' as formula and write in the field below:

Played
Then only the playcounter is used for calculating the ratings. :)

If you also want the Skips in the formula, then you could use that for example:

Played-Skip
Hope that helps! :)
Big_Berny
Last edited by Big_Berny on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.