AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Big_Berny

AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi guys,
after over a year of development the version 2 of AutoRateAccurate is ready! :)
Since the new version is tuned for MM3 and doesn't work with older versions I created a new thread. I hope it's ok.

AutoRateAccurate

What is it?
This script rates the songs of your library based on informations like Playcounter, DaysInLibrary, PlayedPerDay, LastPlayed and SkipCounter. This way the rating will also be increased if you listened a song with your portable player like ipod!
And it is really easy to use: Normally you only have to enable AutoRateAccurate in the MediaMonkey-Options.

Features:
The script does a lot more than just rating songs:

-Autocalibration
This is one of the mainfeatures of AutoRateAccurate. It calibrates automatically the rating-algorithm so that you never get too much high rated or too much low rated songs. In the Options you can decide how much percent of your library should have five stars and then automatically the algortihm gets adjusted. AND: If you don't want the script to give some ratings, for example half star, just set that value to 0%, like in the screenshot.
This Autocalibration takes about 3 seconds here and can be started automatically on startup of MediaMonkey, which is optional but recommended.

-KeepManualRatings
If this feature is enabled only songs with no ratings get autorated. Songs which you already rated by hand won't get overwritten because they probably are even accurater than the autoratings. This option is also very useful if you just want to try out AutoRateAccurate - if you don't like it just let it delete the autoratings with "Delete AutoRatings".

-SkipDetection
This features ckecks if a song has benn skipped. If yes it will update the SkipCounter which is saved in the ratings-field but in a way it is not visible. This skipcounter will also have an influence on the rating of the song, because skipped songs are probably not so good songs. This feature can also be deactivated in a very easy way: Over the MediaMonkey-Menubar. So you only have to click in the SD-icon (looks not so nice yet, I know...) and then the SkipDetection is active or inactive. This is useful if you search a song or want to use a script like "SongPreviewer".
By the way although a skip is only counted if at least ten seconds and at most 80% of the song have been played. This values can be changed in the ini-file. I think there's no need for changing this through the optionsheet since the default values work well in most cases.

Downloads:
AutoRateAccurate v2.4.3 - Installer
AutoRateAccurate v2.4.3 - for manual setup
Complete changelog

VERSION 3.0 FOR MM4 (only!)
Newest version for MM4 can be found here

Donations:
AutoRateAccurate is completely free. So don't feel obligated to pay something! I'm already pleased by "thank you"-posts in this thread. :)
Although I added a Donations-Link in case you just really like the script and want to support me: Paypal-Donation.
Or surprise me with something from my Amazon wishlist. :)
But please remember that I can't promise to work on the script regularly as I my free time is really limited.

Have fun! :D
Big_Berny
Last edited by Big_Berny on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:47 am, edited 98 times in total.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
LordHades

Post by LordHades »

Woohoooo! Thanks!

I'll download and try it right away if i find any bugs or stuff like that i'll let you know !
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

And as I said: Please to a backup first! If not you can loose your old SkipCounter-values...
Here the database (MM.DB) is stored under: "C:\Users\>Username>\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey". But maybe it's easier if you just search by filename for "MM.DB".
When you've found it just copy it to another location. So afterward you could copy it back.

Oh, and I forgot to say: The first time you run my script it's probably very slow - but it's really only the first time!
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
tigers1122

Post by tigers1122 »

I keep getting an error when I try to run this

Error#450
Wrong number of arguements or invalid property assignment int

and it wont let me uninstall it.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi tigers1122,
ok, when do you get that error? And does it show more informations about that error (like filename, line, etc.)?

EDIT: The uninstall-problem should be fixed now. Download&insall again, then you can uninstall it. Anyway some informations about the first problem would be useful!

Big_Berny
Last edited by Big_Berny on Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigers1122

Post by tigers1122 »

Big_Berny wrote:Hi tigers1122,
ok, when do you get that error? And does it show more informations about that error (like filename, line, etc.)?
I get this error after I go to the options menu and then close it:

Error#450 Microsoft VBscript runtime Error
Wrong number of arguements or invalid property assignment 'int'
C:/program files/mediamonkey/scripts/auto/autorateACCStarter.vbs Line 0 Column 0

then I click OK and it says "Error happened during script execution"

if this makes a difference I tried changing the % for 0 starred and 1.5 starred and I got a error saying something about dividing by 0
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Got it! You have to open the "Advanced"-sheet before enabling the script the first time.

Has been fixed! Together with another uninstall-problem. Download&install again.

Thanks for your help, tiger! And sorry for the trouble!
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

tigers1122 wrote:if this makes a difference I tried changing the % for 0 starred and 1.5 starred and I got a error saying something about dividing by 0
What do you mean here exactly? Where did you change what?

Thanks again!
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I found and fixed a potential 'divide by zero'-problem. Please download again!

The worst problems should now be fixed... I hope... Sorry again.
tigers1122

Post by tigers1122 »

Works perfect! thanks a lot. I really appreciate all the hard work!
BerniPi

Post by BerniPi »

i had a problem with the influence of the skipcounter!! i don't know if i changed "skip" to "skipp" accidentally in the formula, maybe it is set as default.

i had to change "skipp" to "skip" and then all was really accurate ;)

great work, einfach an HAMMER ^^
sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic »

I am getting error when I try to install the script. And now every time I try to play a song in MM I'm getting error massages. I try to locate any the script thats cosing this and just cant find any trace of AutoRateAccurate2 instalation ...

I am using Vista.

:evil:
BerniPi

Post by BerniPi »

I've found a problem when the claculated points get negative. for example:
a song with 4 plays and 0 skips get the same amount of points as a song witz 4 plays and 8 skips (with the standardformula played-2*skip).
sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic »

Could some one explain how can I uninstall this damn script? i tried uninstalling MM and reinstalling and it just doesn't get rid of it ... I am still getting errors on play ...
Michel37

Post by Michel37 »

Doesn´t Extras - Extensions Uninstall work?

----------------
Now playing: Elvaron - Losing Control
via FoxyTunes