AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

AutoRateAccurate 2.2 RC 3 - Installer
AutoRateAccurate 2.2 RC 3 - ZIP (for manual setup)

Changes since RC 2:
-Added: New feature called "Incremental PlayCounter".
-Changed: PlayedTime has been improved.
-Changed: Optionsheet has been modifed to get some free space.
-Fixed: Crash after updaeting from RC 1 to RC 2. (Thanks spacefish & dypsis)

About the new feature "Incremental PlayCounter":
The script always stores how much of a song has been played without the PlayCounter has been incremented by MM. This happens a lot with MM3 because if you only listen to the first half of a song and then skip it, MM will not increase the PlayCounter because you have to listen to the end of a song. The script now stores that already a half of the song has been played. If you listen again one half of this song (or more) but skip the song MediaMonkey again won't increase the PlayCounter. But the script sees that it should have been incremented and adjusts the PlayCounter.

IMHO it's quite a useful feature because a lot plays won't be triggered by MM3 the way it works now. And this feature solves the problem.

Have fun and thanks again for testing! :)
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Big_Berny wrote:About the new feature "Incremental PlayCounter":
The script always stores how much of a song has been played without the PlayCounter has been incremented by MM. This happens a lot with MM3 because if you only listen to the first half of a song and then skip it, MM will not increase the PlayCounter because you have to listen to the end of a song. The script now stores that already a half of the song has been played. If you listen again one half of this song (or more) but skip the song MediaMonkey again won't increase the PlayCounter. But the script sees that it should have been incremented and adjusts the PlayCounter.

IMHO it's quite a useful feature because a lot plays won't be triggered by MM3 the way it works now. And this feature solves the problem.
I don't know. I'm sort of of the opinion that if you skip a song, you haven't played it and therefore the counter shouldn't increase.

How will enabling this option affect the skip counter formula, if at all? If I want to continue as I've been doing (where skips do not equal played +1), can I just ignore the option? Does this option take into account the min/max indicated in the SkipDetection section? Meaning, if I skip a track before the min or after the max, will the Incremental PlayCounter also "not catch" the skip, i.e. ignore it?

Thanks, Berny. Error gone now. :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Just got this error while I was playing tracks. Doing no editing of any sort.

This prompted the debug report which I sent.

Edit: Occurred again at 17:32 (CET). Once again, it was a simple track change. Doing no editing of any sort.

And again ~18:00. This is happening too often for my taste. Disabling ARA for now.
Last edited by spacefish on Tue May 20, 2008 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

It looks like the new version of the script is adding last played dates to tracks that were never played and possibly others. It has completely destroyed my portable sync list which I had keyed off LastPlayed is unknown. Everything in my Never Played playlist, which I use Played # = '0' thankfully, now has LastPlayed dates and times of today 15:57 and up, about the same time I installed and re-enabled this script. Was it your intention to write LastPlayed dates? This isn't good. Grrrr. :evil:

Edit: Looking through my tracks, I have last played dates of today for tracks I definitely did not play today. Not all tracks are affected but a lot are. This will also affect my ratings, I guess. Wow. I sure hope this can be reverted somehow. :(
WebNodes
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Shit, you're right... I've removed the release and fixed it in the next version.

I'm really sorry. It just was a typo which didn't affected my configuration (because SaveToTag was enabled)... :(

Do you have a library backup? If not I could help you to fix the LastPlayedDate of your songs... Need to write an additional script though.

About your other posts:
The bug you mentioned should be fixed in the next version. Thanks!

And if you don't activate "Incremental PlayCounter" in the options this feature won't be enabled. Also the formula should give very similar results, at least at the beginning. But if you don't want to use PlayedTime at all there's now a new formula selectable in the options.

Attention! Please don't use RC3, it has a very big bug which overwrites LastPlayed-data in some cases!

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I do have a backup. I'll try to restore it from prior to 15:56. Good to know you found that error. Thanks, Berny.
WebNodes
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Ok, here is a new version:
AutoRateAccurate 2.2 RC 4 - Installer
AutoRateAccurate 2.2 RC 4 - ZIP (for manual setup)

Changes since RC 3:
-Added: New formula which uses old PlayCounter. (Thanks spacefish)
-Fixed: Really stupid bug which overwrote LastPlayedDate. (Thanks spacefish and a big sorry!!!)
-Fixed: PlayedTime not always calculated correctly.
-Fixed: Possible solution for SDBIniFileProblem. (Thanks spacefish)

Sorry again for the RC3-Bug. If someone really lost a lot of LastPlayed-data then please post it. Then I can write a script which tries to solve it.

EDIT: I forgot to say that the first AutoRating process can be a bit slow due some changes it has to do but the second time it is already a lot faster.

Big_Berny
Last edited by Big_Berny on Tue May 20, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Big_Berny,

This link for RC 4 doesn't work - I get a 404 not found error.

Cheers for the updates
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Same 404 here.
WebNodes
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Oh, dear. Will all the errors never end...? ;)

Forgot to upload the new packages. Did it now.

Should be quite stable IMHO. At least I hope so, because I'd need some times to learn for the exams... *grml*
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Well, there are 50 downloads of the last RC 4 and no error-report.

This could mean:
-People just download without installing, just to create traffic on my server.
-People downloaded and installed it and now aren't able to connect to the internet anymore to report bugs.
-People downloaded and installed it and are happy now.

I hope it's the last scenario. ;)

Can I release it as final (with a few tunings)?

Big_Berny
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Big_Berny wrote:-People downloaded and installed it and now aren't able to connect to the internet anymore to report bugs.
LOL! :lol: This made me laugh. :)

Seems to be working fine here, Berny. Thanks for all your updates!
WebNodes

Post by Guest »

Hi Big Berny,
I also installed the latest version and it seems to work as it should. But i've got an other question, in the old ARA version of MM 2.5 there was no need to have played a song at least one time. In the MM 3 version, I have often problems because the song was played the first time. Then an error appears. But afaik this is a known issue.
The origin of the problem is because I've got a new PC and installed everything new. I've got about 30'000 Songs in my library and of course I wasn't able to hear them all since I've got the new PC...
So it would be wonderful, when the error message wouldn't appear anymore. Is this just because of the (sorry, I has to change in german, I think you also speak german) mathematischen Berechnung, die ja last Played enthält und wenn dort kein Wert steht es zu einer Fehlermeldung kommt? Könnte man dann einfach, um die Fehlermeldung zu umgehen eine andere Formel schreiben? Es wäre wirklich super, wenn man das umgehen könnte, denn jeder der seine Sammlung frisch einliest, wird ja das selbe Problem haben, respektive dein tolles Script nicht benutzen können...

Thank you very much for this Script and good luck for the exams!

@ all : Sorry for the german excursion, but my english is really bad.

duden
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi Guest,
ich schreibe mal auf Deutsch, da es uns so wohl beiden leichter fällt.

Zuerst ein paar Bemerkungen:
In der alten Version mussten alle Songs, die eien Auto-Bewertung erhiletn, bereits einmal abgespielt werden. Das war so bis zur Version 2.1 - sofern ich mich erinnere. In der Version 2.1 und neuer, kannst du in den Einstellungen die Option "Also rate non-played but skipped songs" aktivieren, damit die bereits abgebrochenen aber nie fertig gehörten Songs bewertet werden. Für ganz neue Songs steht - seit 2.0 glaube ich - die Option BaseRating bereit, mit der man eine Bewertung für neue Songs festlegen kann. Damit bekommen alle Songs, die nicht autobewertet können ein sogenanntes BaseRating.

Wegen deiner Fehlermeldung: Ich habe ehrlich gesagt heute das erste Mal davon gehört. Bei mir erscheint der Fehler nicht...
Was für ein Fehler erscheint denn genau? In welcher Zeile?
Und wann kommt die Fehlermeldung genau? Wenn du ein Stück das erste Mal spielt? Zu Beginn des Stücks oder nachdem es beendet wurde? HAst du das Stück komplett gehört oder geskippt?

Wäre super, wenn du mir Bescheid geben könntest, dann kann ich das Problem beheben. Natürlich hätte ich dies schon längst erledigt, wenn ich davon gewusst hätte! Das Skript soll ja schon fehlerfrei sein...

Gruss
Big_Berny

Post by Guest »

Big_Berny wrote:Hi Guest,
ich schreibe mal auf Deutsch, da es uns so wohl beiden leichter fällt.

Zuerst ein paar Bemerkungen:
In der alten Version mussten alle Songs, die eien Auto-Bewertung erhiletn, bereits einmal abgespielt werden. Das war so bis zur Version 2.1 - sofern ich mich erinnere. In der Version 2.1 und neuer, kannst du in den Einstellungen die Option "Also rate non-played but skipped songs" aktivieren, damit die bereits abgebrochenen aber nie fertig gehörten Songs bewertet werden. Für ganz neue Songs steht - seit 2.0 glaube ich - die Option BaseRating bereit, mit der man eine Bewertung für neue Songs festlegen kann. Damit bekommen alle Songs, die nicht autobewertet können ein sogenanntes BaseRating.

Wegen deiner Fehlermeldung: Ich habe ehrlich gesagt heute das erste Mal davon gehört. Bei mir erscheint der Fehler nicht...
Was für ein Fehler erscheint denn genau? In welcher Zeile?
Und wann kommt die Fehlermeldung genau? Wenn du ein Stück das erste Mal spielt? Zu Beginn des Stücks oder nachdem es beendet wurde? HAst du das Stück komplett gehört oder geskippt?

Wäre super, wenn du mir Bescheid geben könntest, dann kann ich das Problem beheben. Natürlich hätte ich dies schon längst erledigt, wenn ich davon gewusst hätte! Das Skript soll ja schon fehlerfrei sein...

Gruss
Big_Berny
Hi Big Berny, vielen Dank für die schnelle Rückmeldung. Also ich muss das mit dem Fehlverhalten noch ein bisschen besser durchtesten. Jetzt habe ich gerade Songs getestet, die zwar nie abgespielten wurden aber bereits ein Basisrating besitzen - klappt im Moment ohne Problem. Könnte es sein, dass mein Problem auftritt, wenn ein Song noch nie gespielt wurde und auch kein BasisRating besitzt? Denn dies könnte ja dann der Fall sein, wenn ich MM Gold starte und neue Songs einlese - die werden dann dank Ordnerüberwachung in die Bibliothek aufgenommen (was ja eine gute Sache ist, dann muss ich nicht das ganze Archiv nach neuen Daten durchsuchen), haben dann aber kein BasisRating da dies ja jeweils erst beim Start von MM durchgeführt wird. Ist nur so ein Verdacht. Ich werde mich mal genauer darauf achten.
Jedenfalls hatte ich die letzten zwei Wochen mehrmals Fehlermeldungen. Ab und zu treten diese am Ende eines Songs auf, häufiger jedoch beim schliessen von MM...irgendwie wird ein Problem mit AudioLibrary festgestellt und dies im Zusammenhang mit den Script ARA. Werde das aber das nächste mal besser anschauen und die genaue Fehlermeldung posten.
Übrigens, wenn letzt genannter Fall passiert, sind beim nächsten MM Start sämtliche neuen Ratings der letzten Sitzung weg...
Aber wie gesagt, ich werde das beobachten und dann wieder Rückmeldung geben, wenn ich das Fehlverhalten eingrenzen konnte.

Ansonsten nochmals vielen Dank für das tolle Script!

Grüsse duden