MM3 Official and MM2.5 - should we split the website?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Weatherman

MM3 Official and MM2.5 - should we split the website?

Post by Weatherman » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:41 pm

What a fantastic achievement by the MM team! Well done to everyone.

I would like to suggest that the website is split into 2 main sections. One section for MM2.5 and all things related to it - scripts etc. And one section for MM3.

The reason for this is that now we have an official build for MM3, there will undoubtedly be comments, little add-ons, scripts, themes and skins etc for MM3. Likewise, users of 2.5 may wish to continue with that version.

In order to make it less cumbersome for each kind of user to find stuff suitable for their own particular version, should the MM webiste be split so that material can be easily identified?
Jim

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:02 pm

Personally I don't think that this is needed. MM3 final now and most scripts get updated in the next weeks or months. And I don't think that there will be support like bugfixes etc. for 2.5.x.

For the script section it would be useful indeed but then they already should have splitted it up some months ago. Now it would get a mess...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:03 pm

I think they should make this like winamp site. have a page full of scripts and another for skins that allows searches etc.

It is a pain trying to find scripts/skins. The forums should be for help etc but the files on another tab and allow people to upload etc.

If MM team is too poor to host then just page that list them with links to people sites etc.

I know they have a page but it is has like 4 scripts listed when they are at least 20+

Spazz

Post by Spazz » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:41 pm

I agree with randall here. Have a section of completed scripts that can be searched like their plugins would be sweet. A review and average star rating would be good too.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:37 pm

they are making a new site. with skin and plugin and script hosting. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.