Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (09Nov08)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

nynaevelan wrote:The name of the easycriteria field was changed in the latest version change your ini file to WithGuestArtist.
Ah, okay. Thanks :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

spacefish wrote:Is there a way I can make a node that will show me tracks from only one directory and its subdirectories? I tried a couple expressions using SongPath but I couldn't make it work properly.

For example, I move all new downloaded files to be edited into E:\Unsorted. Stuff in here is kept in subdirectories by album and the files aren't usually tagged. Your script catches those untagged files perfectly with Set 'Artist', 'Title' etc. Once/if it is tagged though, I don't want to organize them before I review them. If they could all fall under one node, that would be ideal.
The path field is not added yet as a level, although I'm sure SBondi would add it for you. Send him a pm for the field.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Sounds good! Thanks, Nyn. :)
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
spacefish

Multiple Album Artists, et. al.

Post by spacefish »

Based on replies to my post regarding using the semi-colon to add multiple album artists, I think this script is not looking at those correctly and shouldn't have a ';' in the .ini as a problem indicator as a result (I know I can edit that out).

I've set multiple album artists on one of my albums -- J.J. Cale; Eric Clapton -- but this is showing up in Album Views > By Artist \ Year as a single artist "J.J. Cale; Eric Clapton". There is no separation for the two artists even though they are separated in the default Album Artist node. I tested this by giving this album multiple album artists but only a single track artist. In this example, Eric Clapton does not display on the Guest Artist node, I assume because I removed him as a track artist. Since all these nodes key on AlbumArtist, it would make sense that the script handle multiple album artists (or any multiple value) the same way MM does.
WebNodes
sbondi

Re: Multiple Album Artists, et. al.

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:Based on replies to my post regarding using the semi-colon to add multiple album artists, I think this script is not looking at those correctly and shouldn't have a ';' in the .ini as a problem indicator as a result (I know I can edit that out).

I've set multiple album artists on one of my albums -- J.J. Cale; Eric Clapton -- but this is showing up in Album Views > By Artist \ Year as a single artist "J.J. Cale; Eric Clapton". There is no separation for the two artists even though they are separated in the default Album Artist node. I tested this by giving this album multiple album artists but only a single track artist. In this example, Eric Clapton does not display on the Guest Artist node, I assume because I removed him as a track artist. Since all these nodes key on AlbumArtist, it would make sense that the script handle multiple album artists (or any multiple value) the same way MM does.
Good points, spacefish.

I had been struggling with how I would assign the AlbumArtist field in my own collection (Side Note: I also have the "The Road to Escondido" among many other collaborative artist efforts). Since AlbumArtist is a more visible field (on the players that I use), I temporarily chose the more aesthetically pleasing (and traditionally used) "/" method, as opposed to the semantically correct ";" method that I use for the Artist field. I will look at your thread to make my final decision.

In any case, the "sample" .INI file that I provide with my script is just my personal configuration, so the nodes/settings reflect this. I am not sure if there is a sample configuration that I can create that will be a good base for all new users, but I will consider it. If you can suggest one, I can release that with my script, instead of my own personal configuration.

Thanks for your valuable input! :D
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

If you do decide to update your script to encompass MM's default multiple value separator, I only suggest removing %;% from any node which looks for it now. Obviously, % ; % is different and could remain, in my opinion.

I realize the .ini you provide is only a guideline for setting up our own customizations. Only that criteria would seem to be counter-intuitive to how MM works and therefore probably shouldn't be included as it might be confusing. Still, I figured it out so it can't be that hard!
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:If you do decide to update your script to encompass MM's default multiple value separator, I only suggest removing %;% from any node which looks for it now. Obviously, % ; % is different and could remain, in my opinion.

I realize the .ini you provide is only a guideline for setting up our own customizations. Only that criteria would seem to be counter-intuitive to how MM works and therefore probably shouldn't be included as it might be confusing. Still, I figured it out so it can't be that hard!
I will follow the ";" convention, change my own configuration (thus the sample .INI file), and consider any changes to the actual script to support this convention for AlbumArtist. Thanks for the info.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

More here. See Teknojnky's reply following my post.
WebNodes
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:More here. See Teknojnky's reply following my post.
I assumed that the space did not matter technically, but I wanted tp enforce it anyway.

However, to be consistent, I will modify the "PrimaryArtist" and "GuestArtist" feature in my script to ignore the space.
sbondi

New release

Post by sbondi »

Thanks to nyn and spacefish, I have enhanced this script:

-- redesigned to use non-standard .INI file with multiple entries for easyCriteria and trackCriteria - this allows you to easily combine any criteria using multiple .INI line entries
-- added support for Rating level with the "5-star" convention as opposed to the "0-100" convention
-- fixed support for FileTypes with 2, 3, or 4 characters
-- enhanced support for MM3 standard case-insensitivity
-- added easyCriteria for Rating (5-star convention) and problem criteria
-- supported Artist concatenation as ";" instead of "; " (thanks, spacefish!)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Sorry, but due to the first feature, you will need to make a minor change to existing .INI files to exclude the suffix digit for "levelX" (now just "level" for every line) and "easyCriteriaX" (if you used easyCriteria2/etc. already - now just "easyCriteria" for every line).
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Thank you! I will try this out later today.
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I just installed the latest .vbs and after editing out the number suffixes in my custom .ini, I got the following message when MM started:

Code: Select all

[MyCustomNodes]
Parent node not found: "Files to Edit"
AFAICS, everything is working properly. I verified my .ini against yours, and I couldn't see any glaring mistakes. I couldn't figure out what I'd need to edit in my .ini file, if anything. Otherwise, everything seems to be working properly.
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I ran into a similar issue but of course besides changing the level and easycriteria info, I didn't change anything else. But of course I didn't read the "instructions" so I am going back and trying to read it (in between actually working) and seeing if there is something else I was supposed to be changing. Let me know if you find a resolution before I do.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

spacefish wrote:I just installed the latest .vbs and after editing out the number suffixes in my custom .ini, I got the following message when MM started:

Code: Select all

[MyCustomNodes]
Parent node not found: "Files to Edit"
AFAICS, everything is working properly. I verified my .ini against yours, and I couldn't see any glaring mistakes. I couldn't figure out what I'd need to edit in my .ini file, if anything. Otherwise, everything seems to be working properly.
I sincerely apologize, but when I went to non-standard .INI logic, I did not trim the extraneous spaces from the .INI input data (like the general .INI retrieval probably did). I think nyn is having a similar problem.

I uploaded a quick little update that should fix this. Let me know.

Sorry for any inconvenience :(
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

nynaevelan wrote:I ran into a similar issue but of course besides changing the level and easycriteria info, I didn't change anything else. But of course I didn't read the "instructions" so I am going back and trying to read it (in between actually working) and seeing if there is something else I was supposed to be changing. Let me know if you find a resolution before I do.

Nyn
Not you girls ... just a not-so-robust script design which I have quickly corrected :D