Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (09Nov08)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nynaevelan

Re: Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (25Apr08)

Post by nynaevelan »

But would it be possible to be implemented because Spacefish also asked for the grouping field, and maybe she would like multi-value support.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

nynaevelan wrote:But would it be possible to be implemented because Spacefish also asked for the grouping field, and maybe she would like multi-value support.

Nyn
This is not possible, since MCN multi-value support depends on the MM multi-value support tables. MCN supports all the multi-value fields provided by MM, and Grouping (GroupDesc) is not one of them.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Aahh, thanks for explaining... Out of curiosity besides Artist, Album Artist, Classification fields and Genre what other fields have multi-value capabilities.

Nyn

sbondi

Post by sbondi »

nynaevelan wrote:Aahh, thanks for explaining... Out of curiosity besides Artist, Album Artist, Classification fields and Genre what other fields have multi-value capabilities.

Nyn
As per the MCN readme file:

multiValueField_AlbumArtist
multiValueField_Artist
multiValueField_Composer
multiValueField_Conductor
multiValueField_Genre
multiValueField_Lyricist
multiValueField_Mood
multiValueField_Occasion
multiValueField_Quality
multiValueField_Tempo

FYI, MM uses special tables to cross-reference the multi-value fields to songs in the "Songs" table:

1. "Artists", "ArtistsAlbums": for AlbumArtist
2. "Artists", "ArtistsSongs": for Artist, Composer, Conductor, Lyricist
3. "Genres", "GenresSongs": for Genre
4. "Lists", "ListsSongs": for Mood, Occassion, Quality, Tempo
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

justin_f wrote:I put the info into the Conductor field and it works perfectly :D

I love it. Thanks a ton.

Justin
You are welcome:)

It seems like the ReadMe helped you implement what you wanted. Do you find the ReadMe useful? Note: I spent a bit of time re-writing it with the hope that it would be helpful to a new user in using my script to its fullest as quickly as possible.
nynaevelan

Re: Easy/fast nested nodes & FilesToEdit hiding (09Nov08)

Post by nynaevelan »

Thanks for the explanation as you can tell I haven't read the readme in quite some time.

Nyn

justin_f

Post by justin_f »

sbondi wrote:
justin_f wrote:I put the info into the Conductor field and it works perfectly :D

I love it. Thanks a ton.

Justin
You are welcome:)

It seems like the ReadMe helped you implement what you wanted. Do you find the ReadMe useful? Note: I spent a bit of time re-writing it with the hope that it would be helpful to a new user in using my script to its fullest as quickly as possible.

Yes, after I played around a bit with the existing nodes, and looked through the Read Me, everything became pretty clear. I think the Read Me does a good job, in conjunction with the sample ini file.

Justin
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I love the ReadMe and use it before I make a change or query. Thanks for updating it. And no, I don't need multi-value support for Grouping, thanks, Nyn. :) I figured out the GroupDesc thing (from your PM Nyn) but I just didn't have time to type the correction here.

Thanks again, everyone! :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
shemait

Post by shemait »

I have implemented many custom "Files to Edit" nodes, as well as one "Library" node, and I have found that my Library filters do not apply to the custom nodes I created. This results in many songs that I do NOT want to display in my Library showing up. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there any solution? Thank you!!
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

shemait wrote:I have implemented many custom "Files to Edit" nodes, as well as one "Library" node, and I have found that my Library filters do not apply to the custom nodes I created. This results in many songs that I do NOT want to display in my Library showing up. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there any solution? Thank you!!
Hi shemait, MCN does not have support for MM filters - it works with your whole library and any track filter criteria you specify for a custom node.
shemait

Post by shemait »

Thanks for the quick reply! I have done some reading of the ReadMe files (and on this thread, of course) but am still not 100% if it is possible to apply the filters I want to each specific custom node in my .ini.
I just want to exclude one folder from my Library and Files to Edit nodes. Does anyone have a suggestion for an MCN tweak that would allow this?
I thought I was getting pretty good at this MCN scripting (due to ease of use rather than user intelligence, lol), but I haven't been able to think of an criteria combo that would exclude one specific folder...
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

shemait wrote:Thanks for the quick reply! I have done some reading of the ReadMe files (and on this thread, of course) but am still not 100% if it is possible to apply the filters I want to each specific custom node in my .ini.
I just want to exclude one folder from my Library and Files to Edit nodes. Does anyone have a suggestion for an MCN tweak that would allow this?
I thought I was getting pretty good at this MCN scripting (due to ease of use rather than user intelligence, lol), but I haven't been able to think of an criteria combo that would exclude one specific folder...
Hi shemait,

This should be possible with MCN.

1. As you probably know, you can have compounded filters by using multiple "trackCriteria" and/or "easyCriteria" entries for a custom node. Thus, to each of your custom nodes that you currently have defined with "trackCriteria" and/or "easyCriteria", you will be adding one more "trackCriteria" entry:

trackCriteria="<place_SQLite_for_excluding_desired_folder_here>"

Now if we can replace "<place_SQLite_for_excluding_desired_folder_here>" with the proper SQLite statement, then you would just copy that additional "trackCriteria" line to each of your custom nodes.

2. The fully pathed filename of a song is stored under the "SongPath" field in the MM3 "Songs" table. Note: This does not include the drive letter which I believe is related to the "IDMedia" field (related to the "Folders" table).

3. MM3 supports an additional "InStr()" function not provided in the standard SQLite documentation/set.

So, you should experiment with something like:

trackCriteria="(InStr(SongPath,':\Folder 1\SubFolder\') <> 1)"

Regards,

Steve
sbondi

Post by sbondi »

sbondi wrote:
shemait wrote:Thanks for the quick reply! I have done some reading of the ReadMe files (and on this thread, of course) but am still not 100% if it is possible to apply the filters I want to each specific custom node in my .ini.
Hi shemait,

This should be possible with MCN.

1. As you probably know, you can have compounded filters by using multiple "trackCriteria" and/or "easyCriteria" entries for a custom node. Thus, to each of your custom nodes that you currently have defined with "trackCriteria" and/or "easyCriteria", you will be adding one more "trackCriteria" entry:

trackCriteria="<place_SQLite_for_excluding_desired_folder_here>"

Now if we can replace "<place_SQLite_for_excluding_desired_folder_here>" with the proper SQLite statement, then you would just copy that additional "trackCriteria" line to each of your custom nodes.

2. The fully pathed filename of a song is stored under the "SongPath" field in the MM3 "Songs" table. Note: This does not include the drive letter which I believe is related to the "IDMedia" field (related to the "Folders" table).

3. MM3 supports an additional "InStr()" function not provided in the standard SQLite documentation/set.

So, you should experiment with something like:

trackCriteria="(InStr(SongPath,':\Folder 1\SubFolder\') <> 1)"

Regards,

Steve
For those wanting to do a similar thing, shemait has confirmed that this worked.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Good to know! Thanks. :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

SBondi:

Which would give faster results, multiple trackcriteria/easycriteria statements or one trackcriteria statement with AND/OR conditions? I have several with And/Or statements, I've never experimented with multiple statements.

Nyn