Where does MM store its database info?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZeusRex

Where does MM store its database info?

Post by ZeusRex »

I'm trying to write an Excel application that automatically opens a database connection to MM and puts the info to a worksheet through a query. Right now I must find the MM database manually. It installed to D:\My Music\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.mdb on my machine.

Does anyone know what registry key MM stores the location of its database in? Or is it stored in a data or .ini type file? I've had no success in finding it.

Thanks mucho
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you move the DB to another location than where installed you need to add a line to the mediamonkey.ini file. But in the standard location it's not mentioned in this file. So I don't know where it would store the link than.

The other problem is that the older versions of MM used to install the DB in the data folder in the mediamonkey programs folder. The current version installs the DB in the Mediamonkey folder in the My Music folder in the My Documents folder of your windows user account.

Not sure if this helped, good luck!
jiri

Post by jiri »

One option is to use MM scripting to query the DB. This way you don't have to care about where the DB is stored. Some samples and documentation about this can be found at http://www.mediamonkey.com/developers.htm.

Jiri
ZeusRex

Finding the database

Post by ZeusRex »

Thanks for the help, guys. I think that I'll just add an openfile dialog to the spreadsheet to have the user find the database manually.