Forget Crossfade Script [MM3] -(auto crossfade switching)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DaledeSilva

Forget Crossfade Script [MM3] -(auto crossfade switching)

Post by DaledeSilva »

Hello,
I've put together a functional little script to help listening to seamless music require less action.

Since MM3 implemented crossfading it's great, when you’re listening to a selection of random songs, it enables a seamless transition between them. When your listening to an album in it’s normal order, however, the tracks have generally been produced in a seamless way already and crossfading them can ruin that.

Forget about changing the crossfade settings, they will take care of themselves from now on!

Forget Crossfade will mean you no longer need to turn on and off the crossfade settings when you play different songs in succession. 15 seconds before any track you are playing finishes, Forget Crossfade will check what track is coming up next. If the track is the next song on the same album, it will turn crossfading off automatically. If the track is not the next track on the album (or shuffle is turned on) then crossfading will be turned on (with the same timing settings you already had set).

To activate or deactivate Forget Crossfade, click “Auto Crossfade” in the Play Menu.

This script should be very useful for most people without them even having to think about it.. especially anyone who listens to mix cd's!

Download the script here:
http://www.ublik-om.net/software/forget-crossfade
(unzip, then run)

Dale.
Last edited by DaledeSilva on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
fridge

Post by fridge »

Thank you! That's a great idea! :D

I'm getting error messages sometimes though ...

i think this error appears if there is no next song, i.e. the song is the last one in the playlist
WebNodes: adds customised WebNodes to your monkey
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

fridge wrote:Thank you! That's a great idea! :D

I'm getting error messages sometimes though ...

i think this error appears if there is no next song, i.e. the song is the last one in the playlist
ahh.. nice one... didn't even think of error catching that.. thanks.. should be 20 mins before a new version is up.
Dale.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Done and uploaded..

thanks for your feedback.
fridge

Post by fridge »

DaledeSilva wrote:Done and uploaded..
Thanks, that fixed it. Great script!
WebNodes: adds customised WebNodes to your monkey
Classification and Genre Changer: easily edit the currently playing song's Classification and Genre
fridge's MM-Scripts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Wow, what a great idea! I'm an album listener by nature but I will eventually want to try some random track autodjs and playlists (I'm still pretty new to MM). I had resorted myself to the fact that I probably would never use crossfade since I'd more often want it off than on so I'd just settle. Anything to help automate the listening process is a plus in my book. I'm lazy. :P
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Bex

Post by Bex »

Nice one DaledeSilva!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Thanks for this script. It's a brilliant Idea.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Agreed, great script - thanks daledesilva!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Nice!! Very useful. Thanks Daledesilva!
Lona

Post by Lona »

I was thinking why does nobody take a look at the waveform to analyze whether crossfading is desirable or not.
For example with a trance/techno/.. mix cd tracks the whole 'set' is cut into pieces. The audio level of the last 0.01 second of a track is high as is the first 0.01 second of the next track. If the script notices such thing you know crossfade will ruine the mix.
In case the track the end of the track is quiet, crossfade might be interesting.
RoyKlein

Installation error Vista MM3.0.2.1134

Post by RoyKlein »

when I run the installation for the Auto Crossfade script I get a Product installation error dialog box.
nohitter151

Re: Installation error Vista MM3.0.2.1134

Post by nohitter151 »

RoyKlein wrote:when I run the installation for the Auto Crossfade script I get a Product installation error dialog box.
Are you running Vista?

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... d=59&nav=0
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

If you don't have admin privileges in your windows account, I think installing most scripts (if not all) will give that error... if that's the case, get someone with admin privileges to install it and then it should automatically be installed for you as well.

Dale.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

All you have to do is right-click the MM icon and Run as Administrator (assuming you have admin rights) then install the script. The next time you run MM from a standard user account, the script should work properly. It has every time for me using this method.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes