Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

roupp

Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Post by roupp » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Ignore my previous post.

I figured out the problem causing the crash. On of my track titles had an invalid character in it.

"All I Taste Is What's Her Name" was in my library as "All I Taste Is What 'SQUARE SHAPE' s Her Name"

I didn't even know I had this listed that way.

localdude

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v0.9.6b [MM3]

Post by localdude » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Not to admit blindness, but where is the download for the batch lyrics app?

zxsix

Post by zxsix » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:08 pm

first post on page one of this thread.

Silver

Post by Silver » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:53 am

Hi guys
Does anyone have any suugestions on how I might find and download the .lrc (preferably) lyrics for the 400 songs that Lyricator can't seem to find. As super good as Lyricator is, it is restricted to the inbuilt default sites. I realise that I can individually access the other lyric sites and download the lyrics individually but is there a way to batch them like Lyricator does? I am fairly new to this but I am on a steep learning curve and loving it.
Any help or advice will be much appreciated.
Happy New Year to all :D :D :D
Silver
For the record I have MM3 Gold, Mini Lyrics

Just JP

Post by Just JP » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:38 pm

I also tried to find lyrics for the songs that the Lyricator could not find. I did various searches and was somewhat successful but was a lot of work. One thing that I was successful at was picking up a very nasty virus even though I have current anti-virus software and other measures to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

I found out later that some lyric sites are notorious for viruses, the sites used for this script are good though. This virus was so nasty, my computer was very close to unusable, that it resisted all methods I could think of to remove it. After much searching and trial and error using different software to try and kill this bug, I stumbled on the only program to completely remove the problem and return my computer to normal. As I type this I realize this is sounding like a sales pitch. :D All that I know is if I hadn't found Malwarebytes I don't know what my next step would have been. It's free to use to scan your computer but I was so happy to have things back to normal I paid for the full version as a thank you.

Usual disclaimer of having no connection to this software I'm just a *VERY* happy user. :lol:

Jim

Silver

Post by Silver » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:34 am

Thanks for the heads up I have written the name down just in case. Did you individually download the lyrics or batch them somehow? Can you remember the better sites and maybe even the site where you picked up the virus so I don't end up repeating your misfortune?
regards
Silver

Just JP

Post by Just JP » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:01 pm

Your welcome.

I was just searching using Google and similar engines using either individual songs, albums or artists. Unfortunately I did many searches using many different lyric sites and can't remember the one which gave me my problem, sorry. :(

Jim

Jamesssf

Post by Jamesssf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:44 pm

This was such a great fast, reliable script. It even help me find songs that were messed up in my database. If it couldn't find the lyrics I ran the MusicIP script on the song and come to find out a lot of my songs were mistitled. I like how I can do hundreds of songs at a time really fast. Is there anyway to modify this script or is there another script of there that will do a batch search for the year. I just have too many songs missing the year to use amazon, musicIP, or discog.

Schnaggo

Post by Schnaggo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:38 pm

Servus das,
Kudos from my side.
I think you created an awesome script that will make my mp3 collection even more complete
As for the people commenting on the slow speed of the script: It is a batch script. Do you really care if it takes 2 hours or 3 hours to tag your complete library?
Thanks man, keep up the good work.

mistresso

Post by mistresso » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:53 pm

Just JP wrote: I was just searching using Google and similar engines using either individual songs, albums or artists. Unfortunately I did many searches using many different lyric sites and can't remember the one which gave me my problem, sorry. :(
Jim
Let me guess, you were using Internet Explorer then?

There was an exploit being used VERY commonly on the web up til a patch was released by Microsoft sometime in late December, I believe. It was so bad that Microsoft themselves actually issued a warning to STOP using their own browser until it could get fixed... as you could get the infection simply by VISITING a single website even while not clicking on anything. It was automatic.

Happened to me, too, while visiting a game walkthrough website off of Google - came in via one of the random rotating ads on the website. Nasty stuff. I'd recommend actually reformatting that machine, myself... as even after I removed the trogan completely, it had still opened up ports on my firewall and otherwise hosed my system security in ways I can't recover from.

The only irony is that the trojan was primarily used for stealing World of Warcraft and other game passwords (it installed a keylogger) - as opposed to being used by the criminals that go after people's banking information. The damage could've been far worse, but that's why I feel I must warn you to watch what you type into that machine until you back it up and reformat.

mistresso

Post by mistresso » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Some questions:

a) Regards the color coding of results - can this be clarified in the initial post's documentation section? It would really help.

b) I also don't know what happens when > 1 result is returned; is there a priority given, or do we have to choose which source to use?

c) What I'm really looking for at this juncture is a true background batcher than can be run on LOTS of files at once. Lyricator is kind of mid-way between fine-tuning and the mass-updating one might need on a "new" large collection. In other words, I have pretty much 0% of my collection with lyrics now, and there's too many to just highlight and select for overview via a dialogue window. It would be preferable to just mass-tag everything and THEN go in and see what is left blank, and fix those. Does anyone know of a script (or even external app) that does this?

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:22 pm

das Monkey, this file seems to cause problems (not surprisingly lol).

∆Mi-1=-a∑Di[n][∑Fji[n-1]+Fexti[n-1]]

mistresso

Post by mistresso » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:06 am

I have a feeling most web service calls just might need to be done in unicode or even Base64 for stuff like that. :-)

mistresso

Post by mistresso » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:40 pm

I am still wondering if anyone knows what set of lyrics take precedence if there are 2 matches returned... and what the highlight colors mean!

Hakeem

Post by Hakeem » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks a lot for this amazing script, mate! This is exactly what I've been looking for! It's easy to use, works flawlessly and is just perfect for getting the lyrics tagging done.