RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

linn

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by linn »

ZvezdanD wrote:
linn wrote:I looked but couldn't find the option, Could you please tell me how?
I think that I don't understand what you are trying to do. There is not any special option that you need to be able to paste text into the "Replace with" field - just click on that field and press Ctrl+V. However, if you just want to assign some text to the Comment filed, it would be easier to use the "Assign specified string to Comment field..." preset from the Tag Manipulation Presets menu than using the RegExp Find & Replace dialog box, but I suppose that you already know that since you mentioned "a button or keystroke".
linn wrote:Sorry , could you please elaborate "in-line editing" thanks
If you just want to enter some text into the Comment field of some track, then just select that field in the filelist and press F2 or click one more time on the same field. However, if you want to enter the same text to the several files at once, then you cannot use the in-line editing.
I'll explain :
i have an audiobook , , i have it setup so i only see the first track( they are all the same of course) ,
i go to the books Amazon page and copy the review.
And then i paste this text into the comment field,( this panel is always open ,so i see the review for the file which happens to have focus).
but, the "inline "solution you gave works fine ! i didn't know about this.
Just a few steps more than the "webpanel" "press comment button" which doesn't work anymore.
Thank you for your help.
Mike9596

Post by Mike9596 »

Title Case in tags?

Yes, I missed the Capitalize preset (both of them). I've used it successfully on several tracks but quickly came to the conclusion that it's going to take a lot of work on my part to go thru all of my tracks. I'm new to Media Monkey and haven't had the opportunity to use RegExp as a programmer (I've been aware it for a good while). So, I'm wondering is there a way within RegExp Find & Replace or Media Monkey in general to use RegExp just to (for example) find the titles of tracks that have words that start with lower case characters? To reduce the list and then pick which ones to work with? Basically a find / search only to get a list on the main screen. Then I can highlight the ones I was to run thru the Capitalize preset.

Thank you,
Mike9596
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Mike9596 wrote:I'm wondering is there a way within RegExp Find & Replace or Media Monkey in general to use RegExp just to (for example) find the titles of tracks that have words that start with lower case characters? To reduce the list and then pick which ones to work with? Basically a find / search only to get a list on the main screen. Then I can highlight the ones I was to run thru the Capitalize preset.
Of course you could use RegExp Find & Replace add-on to find tracks, that option is represented in its name. You could use the button on the left side of the Close button to select or keep matched tracks in the main filelist (the default option for this button is Keep matched). Please read the first post of this thread to learn how to use it.

However, I don't think that such approach would be anything faster than using the Replace All option. This add-on modifies only tags/fields in files where the replacement is different than the original content.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Hi Z! Been a while since I've used this or tried to learn regexps, but now is the time!

I installed the presets, and love the naming conventions - very intuitive. I wondered if the interface can be modified (or if this functionality already exists), to allow users to enter the first few letters of the preset, and then search the possible results. Currently, 'down' (cursor) takes you to the next preset. This would suffice if the tag presets are in alphabetical order (is there a quick way of achieving this?)

Imagine entering a search term into a browser, and having the drop-down list of options to search for. Or 'find next' notepad stylee... That's the kind of functionality I'm thinking of.

Just thought of this whilst trying to see all 'assign' presets (to get artist from title field on compilations, where title is 'artist - title' or 'title - artist' etc)

Thanks for everything!!!!
Grateful noob
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

zephyr wrote:I wondered if the interface can be modified (or if this functionality already exists), to allow users to enter the first few letters of the preset, and then search the possible results.
Or 'find next' notepad stylee...
That would be implemented in the next version of this add-on. Here are mentioned few tricks that you could apply with the existing version to help in finding presets, e.g. alphabetical sorting of presets: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 78#p361278

By the way, I have already added the similar thing for searching MN masks to the new version of Magic Nodes.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I had a nuclear meltdown in my db and had to rebuild a bunch. I want to replace the ADDED date for a big block of files. The problem is that they have been added ver a couple of days. So my question is ... is there a 'wild card' value I can enter for 'find what' that will let me select multiple files with multiple dates and then change them?

I am almost positive that there is as this addon does everything except rip my dvds for me <G>
Thanks
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dtsig wrote:is there a 'wild card' value I can enter for 'find what' that will let me select multiple files with multiple dates and then change them?
- Turn on the Regular Expression 1 check box;
- click on the Full button next to that check box or just enter manually ^.* into the Find what text box.

If you click on the ? button in the bottom left corner you could see the short RegEx reference:
^ - The start of the string;
. - Any character except newline;
* - Zero or more of the preceding element.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

ZvezdanD wrote:
dtsig wrote:is there a 'wild card' value I can enter for 'find what' that will let me select multiple files with multiple dates and then change them?
- Turn on the Regular Expression 1 check box;
- click on the Full button next to that check box or just enter manually ^.* into the Find what text box.

If you click on the ? button in the bottom left corner you could see the short RegEx reference:
^ - The start of the string;
. - Any character except newline;
* - Zero or more of the preceding element.
Thanks for that .. over the years (programming since 1980) I have tried to learn reg expressions but for some reason it simply causes my eyes to glaze over :) I can do multiple languages but reg expressions ... sigh
I have added that link to my browser folder for mm and hope wont ever have to ask so simple a question again.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice »

Brilliant addon -- thanks!
asrjcb

Newbie simple help needed

Post by asrjcb »

Hi - I'd like to remove all instances of parentheses and anything inside them from the Title field. Ex: (Bonus Track) or (featuring xxxx). I've tried to fool around with the regular expressions, but haven't been able to get it. I'd appreciate some quick help. Thanks so much.
adamg

Post by adamg »

asrjcb » March 28th, 2014, 4:25 pm

Hi - I'd like to remove all instances of parentheses and anything inside them from the Title field. Ex: (Bonus Track) or (featuring xxxx). I've tried to fool around with the regular expressions, but haven't been able to get it. I'd appreciate some quick help. Thanks so much.
i believe the tag manipulation preset you are looking for is called "Remove (...) or [...] from the end of <into field>"

i would try that on a few songs first to see the outcome, but i believe that is what you are looking for:)
Mediamonkey Lifetime since 2012
My favorite scripts:
RegExp Find and Replace by Zvezdan http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/RegExpReplace.htm
GenreFinder by Trixmoto http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... re-finder/
Earliest Release Date by wxdude http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=66766
MagicNodes by Zvezdan http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/MagicNodes.htm
Tagging Inconsistencies by Bex http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... istencies/
sperk

Post by sperk »

Was "Auto-increment Track number with specified starting value..." changed? I used to be able to make three number track numbers e,g, 001 but now I can't do that.
Thanks
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

What's up with the toolbar not being configurable? That is, under toolbars anyway.

I tried doing various combinations in the options settings, but I can't get "assign current.increment play.decrement play" to go away permanently.
I only want the "dialog" and "presets" buttons to show.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Here is the excerpt from the FAQ section of the first post of this thread:
  • Q - Is there a way to remove the toolbar buttons for "Increment Playcount" and "Decrement Playcount" on the toolbar? I don't use them and they just take up space.
  • A - Mentioned two presets have toolbar buttons just as an example (similar as the "Move prefixes ..." which have added keyboard Shortcut as an example). You could turn on/off toolbar buttons for any of the preset by checking on/off the Toolbar button option in the Find & Replace dialog box. So, if you want to remove those two initially installed toolbar buttons from the toolbar:

1. Open the RegExp Find and Replace dialog box;
    2. from the Preset dropdown list choose the preset "Increment Play counter by 1";
    3. turn off the Toolbar button check box;
    4. click on the Update button;
    5. from the Preset dropdown list choose the preset "Decrement Play counter by 1";
    6. same as 3;
    7. same as 4.

The another possibility to remove the preset toolbar buttons is to turn off the option "Show toolbar buttons for presets with enabled button in Find & Replace dialog box" in the Options dialog box.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks! A bit of an awkward way to remove stuff from a toolbar.
But I think this program is genius!

Sorry about not noticing first post. I tried putting toolbar in search but a million things came up that were not what I was looking for.

Anyway, I saw another post about preset selection not being user friendly and that you
are thinking about that, but it is difficult thinking of a way to do it.

Might I suggest, and I understand that there might be limitations of which I'm not aware,
that you use the MM toolbar configure area to make presets friendlier/less daunting to sift through.

I noticed the toolbar name shows up under MM "toolbar configure", but does not seem to be configurable,
at least, from what I can tell (I understand putting 253 presets by default would flood the MM toolbar dialog box).

So, how about having "only" the default toolbar buttons show up by default in the MM toolbar config, then if someone wants, they can remove them directly from MM toolbar config. or add most used/favs toolbar items individually as they want through RegExp F & R dialog by going through a process similar to the tool bar button one.

You could have a toolbar checkbox under tool button checkbox in RegExp F & R dialog box (using choose, check, update) if you want it to show up on toolbar and in MM tb config. If you want to remove it you could just remove directly from MM toolbar config.

Something like this might already be possible. I "glanced" through the first post without seeing anything and I don't really want to search (using search field) through tons of pages only to find things that might be only "somewhat" related to what I'm posting.

Thanks
(keep up the good work!)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜