RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

beg

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by beg »

sorry, the field I ment is called Lyricist(s) which we use for the author. But that's not really the issue I think.

If I understand your suggestion right, then I'd have to change the "specified string" in the settings each time in order to be able to copy them in the fields? I am afraid that that would be more complicated than using the manual edit properties check box solution. : (

Thx for your fast replies as ever, but maybe this time your script can't help us out.. : (
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

beg wrote:If I understand your suggestion right, then I'd have to change the "specified string" in the settings each time in order to be able to copy them in the fields?
Yes, you need to enter the "specified string" manually.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Preset: Assign <Into Field> if it is empty with value from the previous non-empty tagged track in list...
Description: Destination field of track1: "ZD", track2: empty, track3: empty, track4: "XY", track5: empty -> track1: "ZD", track2: "ZD", track3: "ZD", track4: "XY", track5: "XY"
From what: ^.*
RegExp (F.): checked
Replace with: Eval(IIf(lSongIndex = 1, "SetVar(0, <Into Field>)", "Eval(IIf(Len(<Into Field>) = 0, ""GetVar(0)"", ""SetVar(0, <Into Field>)""))"))
VBScript (R.): checked
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Ludek

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Post by Ludek »

Hi Zvezdan,
we've just found that the last Windows Defender update with combination of this script causes MM startup issues, details at:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14820

Do you think that it makes sense to modify "RegExp Find & Replace 4.3" script to not create all the menu items on startup, but either create them on demand (or not create them at all)?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Ludek wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:34 pm Do you think that it makes sense to modify "RegExp Find & Replace 4.3" script to not create all the menu items on startup, but either create them on demand (or not create them at all)?
I don't think that enabling creation of the menu items sometime later after startup could resolve such problem. Those objects that you are mentioning in Mantis should be created to be able to have menu items, no matter when the script create them. Disabling creation of those menu items is not solution for this script since the main use of it is because of the related presets. Anyway, the users have a possibility to remove unwanted presets/menu items from the menu if they want to speed up the startup.

Besides, Magic Nodes also create many menu items during startup, but they are hidden and added only to allow Shortcuts for jump to the specific node in the tree.

Are you sure that Windows Defender is doing this because of the number of menu items? That could mean that it is slowing down every program which have too many menu items and maybe you should report that problem to Microsoft.

By the way, you should try the latest version of the script (4.4.8) from its Web page. Maybe it will behave differently.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

ZvezdanD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:30 pm I don't think that enabling creation of the menu items sometime later after startup could resolve such problem.
I am playing with this a bit and interesting is that during the install the script asks: "Would you like to add 253 new sample presets..." and if I click Yes then all the menu items are added in one second! Like previously or with disabled Windows Defenrer's real time protection, but during startup it takes 50 seconds to add all the menu items. I also tried to move the startup stripts initialization to post startup action and the issue persists and it still takes 50 seconds even if it is run several seconds after MM startup. Your script is obfluscated so I cannot see whether you are doing something special when adding the items in 'OnStartup' proc or whether you are adding them the same way as during install (when it takes just second)? I would like to understand the difference.

FYI: So far I resolved the long startup time this way in 1867 : https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 820#c50309

BTW: I guess you can also easily replicate the issue once you install all the April's Windows 10 updates (real time protection is enabled by default in Windows Defender).
ZvezdanD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:30 pm Are you sure that Windows Defender is doing this because of the number of menu items? That could mean that it is slowing down every program which have too many menu items and maybe you should report that problem to Microsoft.
I am sure (and the others users too), it is not related to many menu items, but to many COM objects initializations/calls (OLE automation), when adding the item (in MM scripting) then new COM object is created and the Defender's real time protection seems to check the COM object creations somehow (via oleaut32.dll)
ZvezdanD wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:30 pm By the way, you should try the latest version of the script (4.4.8) from its Web page. Maybe it will behave differently.
I am testing 4.4.8 and the issue persists.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Ludek wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 amwhether you are doing something special when adding the items in 'OnStartup' proc or whether you are adding them the same way as during install (when it takes just second)?
No, I am not doing anything special in OnStartup procedure when adding menu items. Yes, I am adding them the same way as during install. Actually, I am using the same OnStartup procedure during install to install the presets and hence to create the related menu items.
Ludek wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 amI am sure (and the others users too), it is not related to many menu items, but to many COM objects initializations/calls (OLE automation)
Yes, but I need one COM object's call per menu item. The script has one object containing a collection with menu items added to it during OnStartup, to be able to remove them from Uninstall.vbs if user decide to uninstall the script and maybe because of other reasons that I cannot remember right now. Here is the important line working in a loop with the number of presets as a counter:

Code: Select all

SDB.Objects(sPrstColl).Add sPrstItem, SDB.UI.AddMenuItem _
                (SDB.Objects(sGroupColl).Item(sMenuGrp), 0, 0)
I think it is really strange if Windows Defender is so sensitive to the number of COM objects' calls during startup of some application and I suggest that you report that to Microsoft.
Darryl_Gittins

with regexpreplace.vbs installed, MMW takes a long time to start.

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

I find that with the regexpreplace.vbs script installed, MMW takes a long time (2 minutes) to start. In the notification bar, I see "Loading regexpreplace.vbs"
I want to keepregexpreplace, but I'm not the most patient person.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
ZvezdanD

Re: with regexpreplace.vbs installed, MMW takes a long time to start.

Post by ZvezdanD »

Darryl_Gittins wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:27 pmI find that with the regexpreplace.vbs script installed, MMW takes a long time (2 minutes) to start.
Is there a way to fix this?
That is the issue which manifested after the Windows 10 April Update. It is reported to Microsoft, but they don't care about it. You could do the next things:
- go to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/pro ... 29&lc=1033 and leave your report; there is a better chance that the folks in Microsoft will do something about the problem if more people request that; or
- turn off the Windows Defender Real-Time Protection and use some another anti-malware; or
- remove all RFR presets that you are not using since this slow down is related to the number of installed presets; or
- donate to me and you will get the enhanced version of the add-on which has implemented a workaround for this problem, making it as fast as before the mentioned Windows Update.

I am sorry, but currently I don't have time to implement the same workaround in the freely available version.
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

I did donate once but can't find the record. How do I donate again?
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

Darryl_Gittins wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm I did donate once but can't find the record. How do I donate again?
Head on over to his website and you can donate from there.

http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/RegExpReplace.htm
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012
bebizzy

Clean Up Song Title Information

Post by bebizzy »

I have several Titles that contain information at the end I'd like to remove. A DJ program added the key and energy level to the end of the song titles, so they look something like this " 5-1-5-0 - 11A - 7".

What's the easiest way to remove the " - 11A - 7" from the song title without manually having to do it. Keep in minde both the key and energy number will change.
Lowlander

Re: Clean Up Song Title Information

Post by Lowlander »

bebizzy

Post by bebizzy »

I have that installed and thought I could make it work, but can't figure out how to do wilcards since there are a huge number of combinations of keys and energy values.

Do you know which preset and/or how to put wildcard values in for the XX values in this string? " - XX - XX"
bebizzy

Post by bebizzy »

Found it! Preset 122/253 - Remove the end of <Into Field> after (and including) "-" or " - "...

I removed the "-" option and it cleared up what I needed.