MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.1 [MM3]

Post by trixmoto »

The trouble with a script like that is that should the tags be selected totally automatically then you cannot ensure accuracy. With a "master" script this would be even worse because if you selected the album wrong then you'd get completely the wrong artwork as well. All the scripts I've written are designed to make it easier to tag these tracks, but always with confirmation from the user to ensure accuracy.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

sourceminer said....
It would be killer to have a master cleanup script, that I could run over night that would make sure the tags are correct, download art etc.
I have been spending my nights trying to clean my music library and it seems to just take to long. I would be willing to pay for a program that
would keep my library in sync.
Trixmoto replied....
The trouble with a script like that is that should the tags be selected totally automatically then you cannot ensure accuracy. With a "master" script this would be even worse because if you selected the album wrong then you'd get completely the wrong artwork as well. All the scripts I've written are designed to make it easier to tag these tracks, but always with confirmation from the user to ensure accuracy.
I say....
If Trixmoto did stuff like that he would probably be working for Microsoft producing an endless stream of shit programs that attempt to do everything but fail to do a even a single thing well. Suggestions are always great to have, and he always seems to implement the ones that have merit but I can guarantee you what you get from this dude will really kick-ass. MM scripters make our lives easy but the reality is if you want a huge music library then you are going to put in a lot of hours mate, get used to it. LOL. It's sad but the people who upload music obviously have never heard of MM, or all you would have to do is unzip it, stick it in a folder and Bob's your uncle. But it don't happen. :( :( :(
Cheers from downunder
:D :D :D :D :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you for your kind words! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

No wucks..... you deserve something mate. Even if you are a Pom. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers from down here
B
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Haha, thanks for that! :lol:
jonp

Post by jonp »

At least we know of one good thing England has produced - trixmoto
sourceminer

Post by sourceminer »

Well there is no doubt this script already rocks... Thanks again, Just trying to think out of the box on this one.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

:D I'm not sure if this is the right post for this because I think it may be more than one issue. I just tried using this script for the first time. I experimented with an album/song that was already correctly tagged. Genesis - Abacab. It went smoothly. I did not get a final result such as failed or successful in the actual MusicIP screen once it completed it's scan.

MusicIP Tagger did change my Genre from Progressive Rock to Pop/Rock so I know it worked. I think Progressive Rock is more appropriate.

I also use Genre Finder. I have it set up to tag by artist. That's where I got the Genre of Progressive Rock to begin with. I ran this script again and it did not change it back to Progressive Rock? Why not? This a great script.

Are they pulling from 2 different sources?

Is a PUID something that is created when the song releases by the Artist/Publisher or something MusicIP creates for itself as a reference number?

If the PUID is created by the Artist/Publisher, why isn't that number added to the tag for future reference? Possibly to one of the custom fields under Classification?

Just a side note......I also for the fist time tried MonkeyFlow. Outfriggenstanding!
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

btw, music ip is having issues, so if this script doesn't work then you can probably guess the servers are down. whether these problems will be permanent, your guess is as good as mine.

http://forums.musicbrainz.org/viewtopic.php?id=1662
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Which version of the GenreFinder did you use? The data for artist mode appears to be rather incomplete in the new web service that I'm using so that could explain it. Also if you've got the options set to only overwrite blank values then that would also stop it from being updated. You could try setting the debug level higher in the options and then checking out the logfile, this should explain why the genre is not getting updated.

Yes, the GenreFinder uses Last.Fm whereas MusicIPTagger uses MusicIP, two totally different sources.

The PUID is actually an ID created by MusicBrainz for their database, which the MusicIP database links to, to get extra information. I plan to add the PUID to the tags once MM allows me access to the correct tag.

As "MonkeyFlow" is not one of my scripts that's a very side note, but I agree it is a great script.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I started using the new version 4.0 today. That is the one that changed the Genre I had (Progressive Rock) when I used 3.2. I previously used 3.2 on my library. Does 3.2 and 4.0 use different sources?
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

trixmoto wrote:The PUID is actually an ID created by MusicBrainz for their database, which the MusicIP database links to, to get extra information. I plan to add the PUID to the tags once MM allows me access to the correct tag.
Is MM going to add a field for PUID? If not, which field are you planning to use? I ask because my MusciBrainz Tagger script also get's the PUID of the search song where possible so I'll be able to put it in the same tag - and/or read it first if it's already there to use as basis for my search. I've already got a development version of my script where I can add the PUID to one of several different fields. I'd like to be consistent with how you plan to implement adding the PUID to the tags.
Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@steveigt - did you not read the post announcing version 4.0? It stated that the new version uses the new Last.Fm webservices (API 2.0). It looks like although the API specifies that the Artist.getInfo method I'm calling should return tags it is not. In the next version I'll have to use Artist.getTopTags instead but for now you'll have to use track or album mode instead.

@onenonymous - I've been told that in MM4 we will have script access to read/write non-MM ID3 tags and should therefore be able to use the same tag as MusicBrainz/Picard Tagger. I did try reading/writing this tag myself manually but whilst I found the MM standard tags followed the ID3 standard correctly, the Picard ones did not so my script fell over.
fangirl101

Post by fangirl101 »

This is fantastic -- thanks!

I found the easiest/quickest thing to do with albums was to use MusicIP to find 1 or 2 of them and then once you have the album to use the normal way to tag the rest -- flys through them!
auburnrose55

Post by auburnrose55 »

Once again Trixmoto has a cool script! Thanks!!

However, I'm having 2 issues with the script that I don't find any reference to in the MM forum. First, several tracks are listed in the MusicIp auto-tag window as "pending!" - what does that mean?

And also I have a few tracks that cause MusicIP tagger to return a VBScript runtime error #62, Input past end of file. What does that mean?

But even with these problems, the script is finding matches for most of my 100's of poorly-tagged singles. Thanks Trixmoto for yet another great script!