MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

FEB

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.1 [MM3]

Post by FEB »

Only one thing I'd change to yet another great script. I'm assuming the line

itm.Year = rel

is the line that pute the info into the 'year' field, but I'd rather put it into the 'original date' field. This way, in a reissued compilation album (say, a 2008 release of old 50s songs) the Year would say 2008 but the original date of the song would be 1953, for example.
What's the MM short name for the 'original date' field, and is it just as simple as editing that line?

Cheers
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks. Yes, if you take a look at the wiki for SongData then you can see a full list of the properties available, I think the one you want is OriginalYear.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
FEB

Post by FEB »

Perfect - cheers!
trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.2 [MM3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.2) is now available to download from my website. Sorry for the wait!! Changes include...

- Fixed errors with some file paths (eg. containing "&")
- Update to use "ScriptsPath" instead of "ApplicationPath"
- Fixed percentages not updating for last track
- Added warning for missing file 'libexpat.dll'
- Added album artist, original artist, original year and original title fields updated
- Added option to store PUID in a text field (such as Custom#)
- Added options to control each field which is updated
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Dave242

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.2 [MM3] - Updated 29/10/2009

Post by Dave242 »

Thanks for the awesome script. The update has made it just that more invaluable.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks, I'm looking forward to trying this out this script for the first time.
And as always, thanks for all of your scripting work!
--
The gpzbc
jonp

Post by jonp »

Thanks for the update!!
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Thanks for this. I don't plan on using this as is but I do plan on stealing some code. :D

I am using MusicIP beta 1.6. Turns out I can create an XML file via Genpuid from it's database with all the tracks and their PUIDs.

Want to process this file and store PUID in Custom5. Big thing I want to do is only modify, e.g. 500 tracks at a time. I think having 33K tracks to tag would probably cause some problems. :o
Last edited by Owyn on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Haha, glad I could help! :) If you're going to tag 33k tracks, do it over a weekend when you don't want to use your computer! :lol:
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

trixmoto wrote:Haha, glad I could help! :) If you're going to tag 33k tracks, do it over a weekend when you don't want to use your computer! :lol:
Yeah. I am writing the code to allow exit and resume. Well not exactly resume. If Custom5 already has Puid stored and it matches the XML then skip that update.

It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare an updated list from a current MusicIP database, so quick and easy to get updated XML reflecting latest path information. (I use context menu Auto-Organize a lot).

So, plan on starting it running overnight, then Pause/Exit it in the morning. Keep doing that until I am up to date.

PS: After a quick browse of your code, I have decided to actually use your script to clean up Unknown albums (those poorly tagged music blog downloads again). That will be after getting PUIDs stored in your format in the database. That should be pretty fast as that should skip the Analyze step and go directly to MusicBrainz.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Hmmm. Just tested the script on a single track. And then on a few more.

Looks like pre-storing PUID is not needed for just speed improvements. The MusicIP archived analysis is detected and used. Still want to get PUID fuly updated for ADFF, but, on first view it looks like all I need to do is create a new RegExp to strip, e,g, ...(Cyndi Lauper cover), from Title and, maybe, move it to Original Artist.

:D Your update Orginal Artist option is not what I want. I only populate that field for covers. No big, just don't check the option.

Nice.

Edit: I smell a hack coming on. New option, Handle Original Artist in Title. Later.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sorry, how were you envisaging the Original Artist field working?
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

The way it works is consistent with the MusicBrainz data and some people's preference to populate Original Artist on the Original recording.

I don't. No problem, just uncheck OriginalArtist in MIPT options.

The MusicBrainz data also frequently has original artist appended to Title. e.g. "Loco Motion (Little Eva cover)". This has become popular because iTunes does not support the OriginalArtist tag.

I don't like that and strip it out. It makes it very difficult to match tracks in the library to ensure consistent Artist, OriginalArtist and Composer tags. Hey, I get anal about some of this.

Using the above example I would end up with Title="Loco Motion", Original Artist="Little Eva".

Not a big one. I have other tools in place to manage this more and more common data issue.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Trix:
Running your unmodified script with 1287. Set it up for a test run on 550 tracks with archived analysis (this makes it fairly quick as mipcore just reads the analysis data from the file).

Anyway, got it running and went to check some other stuff while it finished.

I could not switch away from the MIPT dialog. Tried task bar first, then Alt-Tab. No luck. Went and started dinner while it finished. Somehow you got the equivalent of "always on top" for the dialog, and, I didn't know that could be done. No idea whether this is a script or a 1287 issue.
:o
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't control the dialog at all, it's the standard "auto tag from web" dialog, I only control the contents. Have you tried with any other sources? Do they behave any differently?