MusicIP Tagger 2.0 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.2 [MM3] - Updated 29/10/2009

Post by trixmoto »

richardpaullewis at gmail dot com
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

i just sent it to you, hopefully it will go through, the file is 10 mbs.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've taken a look and whilst the PUID of these tracks does return two different tracks on two different albums, the track ID is not the same as the PUID. What I mean is, if you query with the track ID as a PUID you get no results at all, it must be a different kind of ID. This means I will not be able to avoid duplicates in the way that you want, sorry!
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.3 [MM3] - Updated 07/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.3) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed Windows Temporary Directory sometimes ends with a slash
- Added option to use existing PUID (quicker but no year or genre details)
- Fixed custom fields not using defined names
- Added check for blank XML file from when getting album data
- Added check for duplicate PUID in other tracks
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

trixmoto wrote: - Added check for duplicate PUID in other tracks
Does this mean if the PUID that it finds exists in another track it will not use that PUID? What will it do in this instance? A question for either this one or the Auto PUID Generator, is it possible to have some text that the user defines automatically entered in the field if no PUID is found??

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

All this does at the moment is output a count of duplicates in the debug logfile if you are creating it, but it does still assign the PUID to the track. For me personally I want to see duplicate PUIDs and plan to add some kind of duplicate report based on this.

The problem with not assigning duplicates is that all the tracks that are auto-tagged at the same time cannot be checked. If you scan two tracks at the same time they will both be given the same PUID (if they have the same PUID) because these tracks are held in limbo with the new tags until you click the tag button. At this point all of the tags are written, including the PUID, and at this point I cannot check. I don't think I explained that very well, did it make sense to you?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Yes you did explain it well, thanks. :D

acsterf

Re: MusicIP Tagger 1.3 - Updated 07/01/2010

Post by acsterf »

Hi folks,

After a while without using MM and MIPT I updated both and ran through a lot of new files and started to get tons of "unanalyzable" results. The files are AAC and mp3 extensions and are playing fine. So what does it mean?

Another future sugestion is an option to, along with the PUID tag in selectable fields, write something like "Tagged with MIPT" somewhere for the file that had any field updated so we can track it down easily.

trixmoto, once again congratulations for the great work and thanks!
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Nyn:
If two tracks that you think are different have the same PUID then they are actually not different.
e.g. I had the same track on two different Jazz compilation albums. In one case the Artist was Cannonball Adderley, in the other the Artist was Miles Davis. Turned out they had collaborated on the session.

If two tracks that you think are the same have different PUID then they really are different.
e.g. I had album, single, live and remix versions of the same Artist-Title. They really are all different versions.

PUIDs are assigned by MusicDNS based on acoustic fingerprint. The fingerprint is usually not affected by encoding format or minor differences in leading or trailing silence. The PUID assigned are unique to the version of the track.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

But technically they are different, one has the explicit lyrics and one doesn't. And after manually tagging these tracks I noticed that the explicit one (which is the original) has several PUIDs associated with it, I would just like the first PUID be associated with the explicit track and the second PUID be associated with the non-explicit one. But I do not have too many of them so I can continue to tag them manually.

Owyn

Post by Owyn »

nynaevelan wrote:Two samples have been uploaded here, they are essentially the same track.

Nyn
Nyn:
The link you provided is to the current users default folder (myfiles.php), not to the files you want to share. Result is that it opens my Mediafire folder, not yours.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

nynaevelan wrote:But technically they are different, one has the explicit lyrics and one doesn't. And after manually tagging these tracks I noticed that the explicit one (which is the original) has several PUIDs associated with it, I would just like the first PUID be associated with the explicit track and the second PUID be associated with the non-explicit one. But I do not have too many of them so I can continue to tag them manually.
The other versions are probably remixes of the original version.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

For 99% of them there were separate PUIDs for the remixes, unfortunately on none of them did I find any distict way of determining the Explicit versus the non-explicit versions. Like I said it is not a big deal because I do not have a lot of both versions, so I can handle them manually.

Nyn

Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Ahhh. Unless the tracks have been accurately tagged at MuscBrainz their is no way to separate the tracks by lyric, except, by listening to them.
axel

Post by axel »

Hi Trixmoto! I have a problem. I have tried to install MusicIP tagger and your PUID Generator. Both was unsuccessful, "Product installation error". I am running windows 7, 64 bit and MM 3.2.0.1294. How do I proceed from here?

Axel