MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

danhackley

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3]

Post by danhackley »

Check this thread XCFAN: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=39322

Compares Mediamonkey and iTunes, in fact it's a thread to compare Mediamonkey's main competitors.

PS I think we've given flashk a heart attack with our request list !! :)
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
gege

Post by gege »

danhackley wrote:Check this thread XCFAN: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=39322
Compares Mediamonkey and iTunes, in fact it's a thread to compare Mediamonkey's main competitors.
In fact, I think the answer was only referring to "Flow" functionality, not the application as a whole.

I never used iTunes for real, but I've seen CoverFlow in action in my friend's MacBook. As far as I can recall, functionality is the same.
There are small differences, thou:
1) View angle: MonkeyFlow shows covers "from above", CoverFlow uses a straight point of view;
2) Track List: when an album is clicked, MonkeyFlow shortens the list, showing only the tracks of that particular album; CoverFlow just repositions the list to show the album, while keep all the other tracks in the list;
3) Customization: MonkeyFlow has options to change things like Background/Foreground color, sort order and such. I don't know if CoverFlow can do that.
eos__

Post by eos__ »

can you add sort order by year-album ?

thanks bernd
martinrabson

Post by martinrabson »

No requests just a huge thank you !

Having moved from iTunes, migrated all music to Flac then moved to SongBird (not bad but issues with Flac and folder/cover.jpg) and discovered MediaMonkey.
Running with Agora skin by DreadM and MonkeyFlow, I am in raptures as all my Flac files and album art are accessible, plays beautifully and full screen on a 22" wide it looks fantastic. So smooth and fast, it's all I need. Finally found the perfect player app/script combination. For info, it's all running on...

Windows 7 64 build 7100 - Intel Q6600 - 4 gig ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT - (185.85_desktop_win7_64bit_international_whql) drivers

:D that's me that is !!
Thank you. Martin
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

I have a new PC & just reinstalled MM. Everything worked okay and then I installed MonkeyFlow. It worked okay at first but then I got a script error. I uninstalled/installed (and cleared anything relating to MonkeyFlow from my system) again and then MM started freezing up. I try to open for example Options and the screen appears quickly and then disappears and the MM freezes. Once I started a song and it played okay but there is no MM functionality to even stop the song. I have to use Task Manager to close MM. I did a disk & registry cleanup but there was no change. I unistalled my scripts one at a time and it is definetly MonkeyFlow. I have tried several times to recreate the problem since removing MonkeyFlow but everything is working okay. This is one of my favorite scripts and never had this problem in the past.

Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit

**I can't believe no one else is having this same issue. I just tried to setup MonkeyFlow again. I'm unzipping the exe & vbs files into scripts>auto folder. I then select MonkeyFlow from the menu to start the script. It opens okay and displays the album art the way it should. When I click on Options from the menu, the Options window flickers open/closed and MM locks up. I have to use Task Manager to close MM.**
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
SerialK

Post by SerialK »

Great script! I love it and it works lika a charm!
One wish:
Could you implement an option to adjust the number of covers displayed?
SerialK

Post by SerialK »

Guest wrote:Absolutely awesome Script!
1. When you modify the number of tracks in the main track list by navigating through the node tree, searching the archive by keyword, etc. MonkeyFlow should also change the displayed album covers to represent the search / filter results.
2. When you select an album in MonkeyFlow, the main track list should NOT be filtered, but rather the main track window should scroll to the appropriate tracks. (I know you can turn the modifying off in the ini file, but selecting the appropriate track would be nice, too)
Both very good ideas I think! And somebody else suggested to make the cover turnable to be able to see the back - that would be awsome!
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

Things that prevent MonkeyFlow 1.1 from working correctly. Since no one else seems to be having problems and either no one knew how to fix this or no one was willing to help me resolve my issue, I figured it out after uninstalling MM and everything else. If you just continue to install the below scripts without first uninstalling MonkeyFlow, MM will not be able to open for example the Options window and MM will lock up. You'll have to use Task Manager to shut down MM.

Install the below scripts before installing MonkeyFlow 1.1 because the installers for these scripts want to clear C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaMonkey\ and cannot because MonkeyFlow is installed and it stores files in this folder and are in use. If you already have MonkeyFlow installed, shut down MM and delete the .exe and .vbs MonkeyFlow files in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ and also delete the C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaMonkey\ folder. If you are unable to delete any of these files/folders, reboot your PC and then you will be able to delete them. After all that, install the below scripts and then reinstall MonkeyFlow 1.1. There may be other scripts that have this behavior. These are the only ones that I use that cause this issue.

DiscogsAutoTagScript v1.0B6
RegExpReplace v3.6
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
roupp

Failed To Connect to MediaMonkey Message

Post by roupp »

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit

For those of you that see this message in the MonkeyFlow window upon start-up of Media Monkey, here's the fix that worked for me.

(1) Right click on MediaMonkey.exe file in the Media Monkey folder and choose Properties,
(2) Choose the Compatability Tab,
(3) Select "Run the Program as Administrator."

Follow the same steps for the MonkeyFlow.exe file located in the \Scripts\Auto folder within the Media Monkey folder.
BigMatty

Post by BigMatty »

Fantastic plugin!

One request - can we sort it by Artist / Year / Album?
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Author of the script last visited the site May 27th .... :(
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
SerialK

Post by SerialK »

It seems this plugin prevents MediaMonkey from shutting down the computer after sleep-mode.. There is a Windows error to confirm shutting down a COM Application. Is there a workaround?
tiborstav

Post by tiborstav »

Very nicely done, kudos to you!
I have one nagging issue with MonkeyFlow embedded:
It seems that MonkeyFlow in my instance of MM (3.1.0.1256) on a Toshiba laptop (Vista HP, ATI-M Radeon HD3740, OPenGL 6.14.10.7415) does not properly align in its docking window. It does not matter whether captions are on or off, MonkeyFlow is shifted to the right about 4 pixels, and downwards about 15 pixels. It renders useless the MonkeyFlow buttons as they just fall off the screen...
What can I do?
'A malfunction would not result in an explosion exactly, sir,' said Ponder. 'Nor, as far as I can work out, would it result in things ceasing to exist from the present onwards. They would cease to have existed at all, because of the multidirectional collapse of the thaumic field. But since we are here, sir, we must be living in a universe where things did not go wrong.'
'Ah, I know this one,' said Ridcully. 'This is because of quantum, isn't it? And there's some usses in some universe next door where it did go wrong, and the poor devils got blown up?'
Terry Pratchett - The Science of Discworld
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

redbeard

problem with intel graphics card

Post by redbeard »

I think my troubles with monkeyflow are due to the intel card I have:

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date: 08/20/2009
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 22:23:51
Driver Version: 7.14.10.1322
Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium* , Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 10.0
Physical Memory: 2037 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 359 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 160 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Speed: 1995 MHZ
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 2A02
Device Revision: 0C

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS: 1588
Current Graphics Mode: 1440 by 900 True Color (60 Hz)

* Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active Notebook Displays: 1

* Notebook *

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Display Type: Digital
Gamma Value: 2.20
DDC2 Protocol: Supported
Maximum Image Size: Horizontal: Not Available
Vertical: Not Available
Monitor Supported Modes:
1440 by 900 (60 Hz)
Display Power Management Support:
Standby Mode: Not Supported
Suspend Mode: Not Supported
Active Off Mode: Not Supported

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.

Has anyone successfully run monkeyflow with this or any intel card?
Or are my settings wrong?
I tried to update the driver, but there is no update.