MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

udjr

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.1 [MM3]

Post by udjr »

Hi flashk and all. I try to install monkey flow and get and message "Graphics driver not compatible with MonkeyFlow" (texture rectangle not supported). WOuld you have any idea what this means or what I'd have to do to fix it. I sure appreciate any help. Dennis
flashk

Post by flashk »

Dreadlau wrote:This is a really cool plugin.
Thanks!
Dreadlau wrote:But, like you can see in the screenshot, the np button is on top of the right arrow.
It happens when u resize the embedded panel under a certain point when it's not wide enough.
I'll see what I can do to minimize the overlap with smaller window sizes. Maybe hide the scroll bar below a certain size.
Dreadlau wrote: An option to set a directory for the temp files. (Would be cool for Ccleaner users for example.)
Have a look at my first post. There is a CacheDirectory option that you can specify in your INI file.
Dreadlau wrote:A color picker (Is it the right name) in the color settings.
Do you mean the ability to click anywhere on the screen and set the color to that pixel? I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll look into it.
flashk

Post by flashk »

udjr wrote:Hi flashk and all. I try to install monkey flow and get and message "Graphics driver not compatible with MonkeyFlow" (texture rectangle not supported). WOuld you have any idea what this means or what I'd have to do to fix it. I sure appreciate any help. Dennis
This means your graphics card or driver does not meet the minimum requirements for running MonkeyFlow. I'm assuming you have some onboard Intel graphics card? If not, try updating your graphics driver.
flashk

Post by flashk »

Guest wrote:1. When you modify the number of tracks in the main track list by navigating through the node tree, searching the archive by keyword, etc. MonkeyFlow should also change the displayed album covers to represent the search / filter results.
2. When you select an album in MonkeyFlow, the main track list should NOT be filtered, but rather the main track window should scroll to the appropriate tracks. (I know you can turn the modifying off in the ini file, but selecting the appropriate track would be nice, too)
I plan on adding this in a future version. Implementing this will be easier with some of the new scripting features added in MM 3.1, so I'm going to wait until that is released before adding it.
udjr

Post by udjr »

Thank you flashk for your reply. Unfortunetly that maxed out my knowledge. I have no idea how to update my graphics driver or even how to find out what kind of card I have. It's a shame cause I really wanted to be able to use your monkeyflow program with mediamonkey. Heck I'm lucky to figure out how to even use this forum. Again thanks for the reply. Perhaps someday I'll be able to use your work. Monkeyflow looks truly amazing. Best wishes. Dennis
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
udjr

Post by udjr »

peke...Thanks for the info on finding info on my video card. It looks like Ihave an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME extreme graphics control card. Sounds impressive to me. But after several attempts at installing monkey flow I keep getting the same message. that my graphics card is incompatible with monkeyflow as it doesn't support rectangles. As best I can tell I have the latest drivers from Dell. Any other suggestions on getting monkeyflow to work. flashk can you help me any further? Thanks folks. Dennis
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

udjr wrote:peke...Thanks for the info on finding info on my video card. It looks like Ihave an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME extreme graphics control card. Sounds impressive to me. But after several attempts at installing monkey flow I keep getting the same message. that my graphics card is incompatible with monkeyflow as it doesn't support rectangles. As best I can tell I have the latest drivers from Dell. Any other suggestions on getting monkeyflow to work. flashk can you help me any further? Thanks folks. Dennis
Check this:
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gege

Post by gege »

udjr wrote:Any other suggestions on getting monkeyflow to work.
Dennis, I'm sorry to inform you, but I also have tried MonkeyFlow in various machines with on-board Intel video cards.
None of them was able to run MonkeyFlow :(

It looks like a video card with nVidia or ATI chipset is needed for this.
udjr

Post by udjr »

nohitter and gege I do thank you very much for the replies. I checked the intel site you gave me and they say that my video card has custom drivers from the manufacturer (Dell) and they don't have any updates. And gege, I'm sorry to hear that you had no luck with on-board intel cards. Obviously the same is true for me. Sad as it is. I hope flashk can and is willing to find the solution as monkeyflow would indeed be a great addition to mediamonkey. Again, I do thank you both for the courteous replies and attempts to help. Aside from your terrific assistance, I'm bummed. Best to you both. Dennis
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

udjr wrote:nohitter and gege I do thank you very much for the replies. I checked the intel site you gave me and they say that my video card has custom drivers from the manufacturer (Dell) and they don't have any updates. And gege, I'm sorry to hear that you had no luck with on-board intel cards. Obviously the same is true for me. Sad as it is. I hope flashk can and is willing to find the solution as monkeyflow would indeed be a great addition to mediamonkey. Again, I do thank you both for the courteous replies and attempts to help. Aside from your terrific assistance, I'm bummed. Best to you both. Dennis
I have the same problem, my laptop has integrated intel graphics. Unfortunately the problem lies with intel as for some reason they do not support OpenGL standards -- not much FlashK can do about that.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Quick question - how does Monkeyflow decide which artwork to show? On my system it seems to pick by default folder.jpg - is this the case ?

The reason that I ask is that for a few of my albums, it does not display folder.jpg but instead another image file with a different filename (though still in the same folder, e.g. leaflet.jpg). Even after I delete this file, it is still displayed in Monkeyflow. How can I get Monkeyflow to refresh its image, or does it have its own cache? I have the latest version.

Also, I can't get the Show Caption option to work. I have the latest version of MM (3.07) and the embedded version of Monkeyflow.

Thanks !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
gpsnomad-mm

Post by gpsnomad-mm »

This is just awesome! I installed it without expecting very much. Mediamonkey Dev team should hire you on their user interface team... Apple watch out! Well done and big kudos.
gilloulagratte

Post by gilloulagratte »

I have used previous releases of MonkeyFlow and it worked very well (up to v 1.0).
I try to use version 1.1 and now it doesnt work anymore. Can someone help me to understand this problem?

thanks

Mediamonkey 3.1.0.1229.
The log file states the following (i just printed the end of monkeyflow.log file):

Connected to MediaMonkey 3.1.0
------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 302, in _dbThread
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 367, in _dbConnect
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'ShowCaption'
Database thread shutting down
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Main_MonkeyFlow.py", line 149, in _connectThread
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 129, in __init__
MMDBError: Error while connecting
(check log file)
Pman

Post by Pman »

I just downloaded this as i could never get that other program to work, pictureperfect or something.

Worked instanstly, amazing program! Hats down to you, something like this must have taken ages to create and never mind the fact that it works instantly. :D

My only critisism is the fact that it doesn't look as good with a white background compared to the black background, but it's still good.
One more thing, how do you get rid of the titlebar, like in "Embedded Mini Lyrics", how can you get rid of them, they are a real pest to the look.

Once i have completed fully tagging my huge collection of music (i have about 4 days worth of tagging to do), it will look amazing. I'll be there flicking through the albums not even picking a song.
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!