MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sixtiesstereo

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.4

Post by sixtiesstereo »

As a follow up to my above post, after days of working again, it has
now stopped working again. Have no idea why, but I'm guessing window
10 updates don't like it. However I'm going to continue to see what I can do.
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

Well, after using MM for years, it looks like I'll be moving on. I used it
as my main Home Theater music program, and that was mainly due to
MonkeyFlow, and using it full screen. Since it no longer works, and the MM
developers apparently have no interest in working with the original developer
of MonkeyFlow, it makes it useless for me.
I downloaded and installed MM 4.0,and the low grade coverflow included
with it is a joke. The cover images are blurry and of no use to me. I was
hoping they would have integrated MonkeyFlow into 4.0, but no luck.
Maybe they can integrate MonkeyFlow in MM 5.0, but I'm not getting my
hopes up. I'll keep checking in the future...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tried MM5?

If no please do and let us know. You can download it at viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

The link to MonkeyFlow 1.4's download (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/637 ... eyFlow.zip) is no longer available, and so I have temporarily removed that version from the site. MonkeyFlow 1.3's download still works, so it's still up.

Since MM5 support seems to have piqued the interest of multiple users, I'll add this to the list of addons that we'll look into porting to MM5.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
shutterskull

Post by shutterskull »

sixtiesstereo wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:33 pm Well, after using MM for years, it looks like I'll be moving on. I used it
Same for me, now that cover flow doesn't work I've downloaded MusicBee and use the Home Theatre Cover List option. Similar to cover flow, but not as good and I find MusicBee overall a bit slow and buggy. Might go back to MM if they fix cover flow, but MB does the job for now.
dypsis

Re: MusicBee

Post by dypsis »

shutterskull wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:10 pm
sixtiesstereo wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:33 pm Well, after using MM for years, it looks like I'll be moving on. I used it
Same for me, now that cover flow doesn't work I've downloaded MusicBee and use the Home Theatre Cover List option. Similar to cover flow, but not as good and I find MusicBee overall a bit slow and buggy. Might go back to MM if they fix cover flow, but MB does the job for now.
I don't find MusicBee to be very intuitive. Especially when trying to customize the layout.
And one other annoying thing that I haven't seen in any other players. You have to double click on album art to view it in full size.
It took me a long time to realize that you could even view album art in full size. I didn't realize about it requiring a double click when I first tried it. 🤣😆
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

I agree about MusicBee. Every so often I'll download and install a newer version, but
it always seems, well, clunky. I've been spoiled by MM (and now AIMP).
I should mention a Windows stand alone coverflow program, Coverjuke, that actually works quite
well, but it's cover resolutions aren't as high as MonkeyFlow, but more than acceptable.
While it has a built in player, you can configure it to use an external player (MM, Aimp, etc).
Works perfectly, and in older versions of MM, the tracks actually show up in MoneyRok's
now playing mode. And you can configure it's background image etc. Plus you can resize it
any way you want, or click on the title bar to use it full screen. And the album art viewer in MM
will also work.
Even though it hasn't been updated since 2009 (!), it's still available for download from numerous
sites. It's worth checking out if you miss MonkeyFlow.
Download link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/coverjuke/
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

Thought I'd add some screenshots of how I'm using Coverjuke with MM.
Coverjuke full screen:
Coverjuke and MM with MonkeyRok side by side.
With Album Art opened in MM:
In order for both MM and Coverjuke to both be together on the screen, MM has to be
sized to half the screen (or less) and Coverjuke sized to fit the left side of the screen
by itself. Although if Coverjuke's title bar is double clicked, it will go full screen.
Just a way to have them both work together until MonkeyFlow is effectively
coded in to MM 5.0.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

sixtiesstereo wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:52 am I agree about MusicBee. Every so often I'll download and install a newer version, but
it always seems, well, clunky. I've been spoiled by MM (and now AIMP).
I should mention a Windows stand alone coverflow program, Coverjuke, that actually works quite
well, but it's cover resolutions aren't as high as MonkeyFlow, but more than acceptable.
While it has a built in player, you can configure it to use an external player (MM, Aimp, etc).
Works perfectly, and in older versions of MM, the tracks actually show up in MoneyRok's
now playing mode. And you can configure it's background image etc. Plus you can resize it
any way you want, or click on the title bar to use it full screen. And the album art viewer in MM
will also work.
Even though it hasn't been updated since 2009 (!), it's still available for download from numerous
sites. It's worth checking out if you miss MonkeyFlow.
Download link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/coverjuke/
There is also nothing in MM5 that mimics MoneyRok's amazing features.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
From what I see coverjuke portable contain full sources for anyone pick up and integrate in MM ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

Peke wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:53 pm Hi,
From what I see coverjuke portable contain full sources for anyone pick up and integrate in MM ;)
Thing is, I've used Coverjuke for years with other programs (i.e. Winamp) but truth be told, it's
no MonkeyFlow. The cover images in MonkeyFlow, even in full screen mode, are crystal clear, HD
quality, especially on a large screen (60") HD TV. Coverjuke's aren't the same quality. And one
of the best things in MonkeyFlow, and I've never seen it any other coverflow program, is that in
MM's auto DJ, when each song changes, MonkeyFlow would spin through the covers until it reaches
the cover for the now playing album track. Visually, it was/is remarkable. That's one of the reasons
MonkeyFlow should be integrated into MM...it's one of the most visually sensational aspects on a large
screen HD TV I've ever seen. I miss it....
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

sixtiesstereo wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:37 am The cover images in MonkeyFlow, even in full screen mode, are crystal clear, HD
quality, especially on a large screen (60") HD TV. Coverjuke's aren't the same quality. And one
of the best things in MonkeyFlow, and I've never seen it any other coverflow program, is that in
MM's auto DJ, when each song changes, MonkeyFlow would spin through the covers until it reaches
the cover for the now playing album track. Visually, it was/is remarkable. That's one of the reasons
MonkeyFlow should be integrated into MM...it's one of the most visually sensational aspects on a large
screen HD TV I've ever seen. I miss it....
I agree completely. I looked at MonkeyFlow 1.3 last night, and it was quite incredible. I have reached out to flashk about MM5 and the possibility of porting it. Since HTML5 natively supports WebGL, it may theoretically be possible to integrate it into the UI itself, with some work. Flashk said somewhere that MonkeyFlow uses OpenGL; but I'm not sure how easy or hard it would be to translate that into WebGL, which I believe is a lower-level subset of OpenGL.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

Well, that's great to know! Just curious, when you said you checked out 1.3, which version
of MM were you using to get it to work? As I mentioned in one of my above posts, I haven't been
able to get it to work with any of my MM versions anymore. Does 1.3 still work on Win10?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Strange, it's not working for you? Both 1.3 and 1.4 work for me on MediaMonkey 4.1.30.1914 on Windows 10. (Flashk got back to me and gave me a new link to version 1.4; and the page has been updated with the new download link)

What exactly isn't working for you? Does the program not open, are there UI glitches, does it crash, does it not successfully play music, etc. ?
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

Basically, after using it for years, as with others, it just stopped loading/working one day.
However, over the last two days, out of frustration, I completely deleted both Media Monkey
programs on my laptop, went through the users section in explorer and removed ALL references to
MM and Monkeyflow, and rebooted the laptop. I then reinstalled MM 3.xx from scratch (after
backing up some of the configuration/skin files (MonkeyRok, etc). Added in MonkeyFlow in the
scripts auto folder, started MM, and MonkeyFlow again works perfectly. I'm thrilled to get
it back and fully functioning on my Home Theater 60" TV (along with MonkeyRok).
I don't really care for MM 4.0 (or 5.0) and will stay with MM 3.xx for now.
Why doing this got me up and running again is a mystery, but I still feel one of the recent Win10
updates did something to MM.