Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but MagicNodes was originally written for the new MM 2.3 that is currently in the last phase of testing (you can find it on the beta forum).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

I just had to reply and say that the MagicNodes:

Top Rated Artists
Most Played Albums
Artist Albums (Favorites)
Tracks by Encoding

Are so damn cool, and SUPER useful. This makes MM my No.1 audio manager supprassing foobar,winamp and WMP.

Nice work, look forward to the next version (I got that window resize bug).

Post by Guest »

hhm, magic node still doesn't work. I'm using 2.3.1.845 now and there is still the same error.

Post by Guest »

well i am sorry. i searched through the forum and found out that it is a problem with Windows Script. I reinstalled version 5.6 and now everythinmg is working fine.
sadao

Post by sadao »

Pablo wrote: Hmm... my cursor does turn into an hourglass so I'm getting an indication. It's a MM (or Windows?) thing because there's nothing in the script code to produce that behavior, but it happens. In any case, I'll see if there's a way to display a message in the status bar, I haven't looked into that.
I just noticed that the cursor turns into an hourglass when I expand the node, but the cursor doesn't change if I click on the node itself (when the node is set to show contents in the track list on click).
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I've posted a new version of the script. It's basically a bug fix release. The only new functionality is the left of: and right of: qualifiers, which implement the idea of Sadao:

If one organizes genres as
Super genre-Sub genre
Then <genre|left of:-> would pick the Super genre, and <genre|right of:-> the Sub genre. So one could have the following Super Genres node:
Super genres|child of:genre|icon:top level\<genre|left of:->\<genre|right of:->\<album artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)>
Download the new version from the website,

http://students.washington.edu/~shmerkin/magic_nodes/

As always, questions, comments, bug reports and etc are appreciated :D .
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Lowlander wrote:I'm not sure if it's still the case, but MagicNodes was originally written for the new MM 2.3 that is currently in the last phase of testing (you can find it on the beta forum).
The latest version of the script should be compatible with MM 2.2 again (but it hasn't been tested). Anyway it looks like MM 2.3 has been released :D .
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sammy20 wrote:I just had to reply and say that the MagicNodes: [...] Are so damn cool, and SUPER useful. This makes MM my No.1 audio manager supprassing foobar,winamp and WMP.).
Glad you like it :D .
Sammy20 wrote: Nice work, look forward to the next version (I got that window resize bug).
What problem are you having exactly? The windows to edit/create nodes are now resizable (starting with version 1.2 - i.e. there's nothing new about this in the version I just posted). If you're using the unskinned version of MM you will need to resize them each time... unfortunately that's the better solution I was able to come up with so far.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

sadao wrote: I just noticed that the cursor turns into an hourglass when I expand the node, but the cursor doesn't change if I click on the node itself (when the
node is set to show contents in the track list on click).
Yes, you're right. So far I haven't been able to find a good solution for this. There's no way to set the text in the status bar, and I still have no idea of how to track the progress. I tried to modify the caption of the node to "Loading..." while it's loading, but I wasn't able to get that to work either :-? .

On edit: I made a small change and now magically MM is showing the "Reading tracks..." progress bar :o . That only works when loading tracks, not when expanding a branch, but in the latter case at least the hourglass is displayed (this change will be available in the next build).
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

If you're using the unskinned version of MM you will need to resize them each time...
Yep, thats my problem. Its nothing too bad.
sadao

Post by sadao »

Pablo wrote: Super genres|child of:genre|icon:top level\<genre|left of:->\<genre|right of:->\<album artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)>
8) . Awesome, thanks much!
Pablo wrote: On edit: I made a small change and now magically MM is showing the "Reading tracks..." progress bar . That only works when loading tracks, not when expanding a branch, but in the latter case at least the hourglass is displayed (this change will be available in the next build).
Well, that's pretty much what MM does so it looks pretty good!

S.
Dieter

Post by Dieter »

I just registered MediaMonkey and created my first Magic Nodes which is REALY a cool feature!

I created a Magic Node similar to the original Artist node but for the Album Artist in order to have the mixed artists CDs collected under the artist "various".

When I now select the album of an artist in the Magic Node I see in the right side of the window all tracks of the album listed but the track titles are not preceded with the track no. (which is of course shown in a separate column). Contrary to that, if I select the album in the original MM artist node each track title of an album has a leading track no. which seems, hower, not to be interpreted as part of the track title itself since it is for example not used for sorting when I click on the title bar of the column.

Since I would prefer to have the look of the Magic Nodes as similar to the original nodes as possible I am just wondering it there is an option to adopt the behavior of Magic Nodes to that of the original nodes? Or is there already an option I might have missed?

Thanks for the great programs (MM and MN)
Dieter
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sammy20 wrote:
If you're using the unskinned version of MM you will need to resize them each time...
Yep, thats my problem. Its nothing too bad.
In the next version the windows will remember their size/position (again), so you won't need to resize them each time anymore.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Dieter wrote:I just registered MediaMonkey and created my first Magic Nodes which is REALY a cool feature!

I created a Magic Node similar to the original Artist node but for the Album Artist in order to have the mixed artists CDs collected under the artist "various".

When I now select the album of an artist in the Magic Node I see in the right side of the window all tracks of the album listed but the track titles are not preceded with the track no. (which is of course shown in a separate column). Contrary to that, if I select the album in the original MM artist node each track title of an album has a leading track no. which seems, hower, not to be interpreted as part of the track title itself since it is for example not used for sorting when I click on the title bar of the column.

Since I would prefer to have the look of the Magic Nodes as similar to the original nodes as possible I am just wondering it there is an option to adopt the behavior of Magic Nodes to that of the original nodes? Or is there already an option I might have missed?

Thanks for the great programs (MM and MN)
Dieter
Hi Dieter, thanks for the feedback 8)

I've been looking into this and it seems that there is no way to display the track number as part of the filename as in the album node (i.e. a script can't produce that behavior). :(
Dieter

Post by Dieter »

Hi Pablo
I've been looking into this and it seems that there is no way to display the track number as part of the filename as in the album node (i.e. a script can't produce that behavior).
that's sad, but thanks a lot for the quick answer (maybe a future version of MM or MN will make it possible, you never know :wink:)