Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

1. You must use "or songpath like", since "or like" will not work.
2. Since you use OR you must also enclose the statement with ()
3. Remove * (In Access you use * in SQL you use %)
4. If you want you can remove :&chr(92)& in the beginning of the paths, but keep the % (makes the code shorter)

Like this:

Code: Select all

Complete albums2|icon:bottom level|SQL filter: (songpath Like '%Music Library&chr(92)&albums%' Or songpath Like '%Music library&chr(92)&emusic%')\<artist|sort order:asc>\<album>

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
danflan

sort albums by date added

Post by danflan »

I can't figure out the different functions. How would I create a sort by date added when displaying Albums

I tried the following:

Most Recent\<album|sort by:max(dateadded)|sort order:desc>
Bex

Post by Bex »

Sort by Max(Date Added) doesnt work. I dont no why, seems to be a bug.

I use this mask to achieve almost the same thing.

Albums Added Last Week|SQL filter:DateDiff('d',Songs.DateAdded,Now)<7\<date added|sort order:desc>\<Album>
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
MCSmarties

Small question...

Post by MCSmarties »

I'd like to make a magic node for "Style" (which I store in my <Custom1> field.
How can I add the "genre" icon to my node without making it an actual subnode of genre?

Style|child of:genre|icon:top level\<Style>
gives the default library icon (but places the new node at top level, below Genre)

Of course I can do something like:

Style by genre|child of:genre|icon:top level\<Genre>\<Style>
but that's not exactly what I want...

Post by Guest »

Currently I have my magic nodes as:
Album Title
Album Artist
Year
Soundtracks
Comedy

To get the soundtrackand comedy nodes I used the quarantine example by placing the tracks into a soundtrack folder or the comedy folder. What I now want to do is to exlude any soundtrack or comedy track from appearing in the album title, artist or year nodes
Album Artist|child of:artist\<album artist|trim:1>\<album artist>\<album>

What would I add to the above to make that work, thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this is simple but I'm new to this.

Col
Bex

Post by Bex »

Add a sql filter to those nodes which would be the existing sql filter you have in the Comedy and Soundtrack Magic Nodes but with NOT LIKE instead of LIKE.

Like this,
In your Comedy and Soundtrack nodes you use this method:

SQL filter:Songs.SongPath LIKE '%quarantine%'
To eclude the above In the other nodes then use:

SQL filter:Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%quarantine%'

/Bex

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Brilliant. Thanks. I'll give it a go as soon as I can get the chance.

Post by Guest »

It works. But what is the correct way to string multiple not likes.
SQL filter:Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%Comedy%'

and also not like '%Soundtracks%' into the above.

It's probably another simple thing, but I keep getting an error.

Thanks for your time.
Bex

Post by Bex »

SQL filter:Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%Comedy%' and Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%Soundtracks%'

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Brilliant, I'm in your debt. Just one last thing. Is there anyway to get rid of the title node?

Thanks, and after that I shall trouble you no more.

Col.
Bex

Post by Bex »

It can be done with the TweakMonky script made by Teknjonky:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8939

No problem 8)

/Bex

All My Scripts
punking

Post by punking »

Hi

This is a great script and really allows you to unleash some power in mediamonkey but I have a couple of more questions:

Album Artist|child of:artist|SQL filter:Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%soundtracks%' and Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%Audio Comedy%' and Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%Recordings%'\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:max(year)>

The above filters out all tracks located in the 'soundtracks' folder, the 'audio comedy' folder and the 'Recordings' folder. It then displays Album Artists, then Albums by year. The odd thing is that the first Artist is 'They Might be Giants' above 'Adam & the Ants'. Which is not in alphabetical order. Does anybody know why this happens?

The scond question is that I wnt to remove the title node using tweakmonkey but it will not go away. I uncheck everything in Tweakmonkey including Library, but when I restart the cheeky checkmarks are back in the library, and the title node is still there. Could be because I have set my magic nodes as child of artist, or album, and one is of year?

Thanks.

Post by Guest »

I'd like to rearrange my music into 2 categories,
which are, western and eastern.

Please help. I'll make my MediaMonkey much more
easy to manage.

Thanks
Bex

Post by Bex »

punking wrote:Hi

This is a great script and really allows you to unleash some power in mediamonkey but I have a couple of more questions:

Album Artist|child of:artist|SQL filter:Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%soundtracks%' and Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%Audio Comedy%' and Songs.SongPath NOT LIKE '%Recordings%'\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:max(year)>

The above filters out all tracks located in the 'soundtracks' folder, the 'audio comedy' folder and the 'Recordings' folder. It then displays Album Artists, then Albums by year. The odd thing is that the first Artist is 'They Might be Giants' above 'Adam & the Ants'. Which is not in alphabetical order. Does anybody know why this happens?

The scond question is that I wnt to remove the title node using tweakmonkey but it will not go away. I uncheck everything in Tweakmonkey including Library, but when I restart the cheeky checkmarks are back in the library, and the title node is still there. Could be because I have set my magic nodes as child of artist, or album, and one is of year?

Thanks.
1. It's a sort bug. It has been fixed by ZvezdanD in this unofficial code:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 6725#56725

2. It seems that you can't remove the Title node, I dont know why.

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Anonymous wrote:I'd like to rearrange my music into 2 categories,
which are, western and eastern.

Please help. I'll make my MediaMonkey much more
easy to manage.

Thanks
What do you mean?

All My Scripts