Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Tss, this does almost what you want (except that it uses Album Artist instead of Artist, but if you want to see complete albums that seems to be better anyway):

Code: Select all

Complete Albums|SQL Filter:Albums.ID IN (SELECT Albums.ID FROM Albums, Songs  WHERE Songs.idAlbum = Albums.Id GROUP BY Albums.Id HAVING Count(*)>=5)\<Album Artist|all:no|Unknown:no>\<Album|all:no|Min tracks:5|Unknown:no>
It's a bit slow though...
tss

Post by tss »

Sweet, that's exactly what I want!

Any idea why it takes so long to load? The same query in Access is quite fast.

I've enhanced Magic Nodes to have a max tracks qualifier. Want me to email you the file? Or is there a way to send it on this forum?
jmaver

Bug- buttons are over the edit field

Post by jmaver »

The Ok and Cancel buttons on the edit dialog are halfway over the edit field, so it makes it hard to actually see what is in there.
sadao

Post by sadao »

Great work. The additions you have included are definitely what I wanted.

I'm having some issues though. I get the following error message when I launch MM RC-1 (also happened with B5):

Error #457 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
The key is already associated with an element in this collection
File: "C:\Program Files\Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.1.1.vbs", Line: 74, Column: 1

After hitting okay, I get:

Error Happened During Script Execution:
The key is already associated with an element in this collection

After hitting okay again I can get into MM fine but I don't see (not surprisingly), the add magic node option in the edit menu.

Couple of comments:
-I'm running win2k sp4 with MM RC-1
-The first time I launched the script with Magic Nodes 1.1 in the auto folder I forgot to remove 1.0. I have removed 1.0 since.

S.
sadao

Post by sadao »

Re-install fixed the problem :D . Playing with it now.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

tss wrote: Any idea why it takes so long to load? The same query in Access is quite fast.
It happened to me several times that queries that work in access don't work at all from outside, so it seems it can also happen that it's just faster in Access. The problem is that the script generates SQL queries on the fly so it's difficult to optimize them. In any case, it would be good to make this behavior the default, without having to add any SQL filter, and faster as well :roll:
tss wrote:I've enhanced Magic Nodes to have a max tracks qualifier. Want me to email you the file? Or is there a way to send it on this forum?
Nice :D . You can send me a PM.
Pablo

Re: Bug- buttons are over the edit field

Post by Pablo »

jmaver wrote:The Ok and Cancel buttons on the edit dialog are halfway over the edit field, so it makes it hard to actually see what is in there.
:o :cry: . What version of MM are you using? Is there anything special about your skin or display? anyone else experiencing this???

As a temporary fix, you can go to the SkinnedInputBox Function (which starts at line 886) and modify the bounding rectangle of the graphic elements (the rectangle is defined using .common.SetRect for each UI element).

A more drastic solution would be to erase this function definition (between lines 886 and 930) and then replace SkinnedInputBox by InputBox thrughout the script. That would bring back the good ol' gray form.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

sadao wrote:Re-install fixed the problem :D . Playing with it now.
Nice... I will add a remainder to delete the previous version in the installation instructions.
jmaver

Post by jmaver »

I am using 2.3.1 RC1.
Skin is win system theme override with the MediaMonkey Luna Dock skin for the player. THe skin doesn't seem to matter if I use the override.
Everything works fine if I uncheck that and use the default Blue Monkey skin for everything.
jmaver

Post by jmaver »

Thanks for adding all those features. Some of them I can only play with using the setup I have a work, but the rest I am using at home and they work very well. They should ship this with the product.
sadao

Post by sadao »

Pablo,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to so fulfill my requests. The template mask you offer does exactly what I want it to do. It makes me happy :D.

S.
sadao

Post by sadao »

jmaver wrote:They should ship this with the product.
Developers, are you reading this?
sadao

Post by sadao »

Bug or feature (or Sadao is just stupid)?

Code: Select all

Album Artist|shortcut:Ctrl+F8|child of:artist|icon: top level|show tracks: yes\<Album Artist|show tracks:yes>\<Album|Sort by:max(year)|all:no>
I believe clicking on the top level album artist magic node described above should show all the underlying tracks, the same way clicking on the artist node shows all the tracks. In this case it doesn't. Does the 'show tracks' attribute work only inside of the <>?
sadao

Post by sadao »

Pablo wrote:
sadao wrote:Re-install fixed the problem :D . Playing with it now.
Nice... I will add a remainder to delete the previous version in the installation instructions.
Just in case it wasn't clear, I re-installed MediaMonkey to get the error message to go away (no biggie, just clarifying in case someone else runs into the issue)
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

jmaver wrote:Thanks for adding all those features
sadao wrote:Thanks for taking the time and trouble to so fulfill my requests
Well, you're giving me some nice ideas... I wouldn't necessarily fulfill stupid requests :) .
sadao wrote:Bug or feature (or Sadao is just stupid)?
Actually, it's neither of the three. In general, the qualifiers applied at the caption level are different from the ones applied at the field level (between <>). However, show tracks: should be available in both , so I'll add it as a global qualifier in the next release.
sadao wrote:Just in case it wasn't clear, I re-installed MediaMonkey to get the error message to go away (no biggie, just clarifying in case someone else runs into the issue)
Ohh, ok. That's strange :-? . The script will definitely not work if you have two versions in the auto folder, but moving one of them out should solve the problem.