Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Pablo
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:59 am

Post by Pablo » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:26 am

You're welcome... I now found the real cause of the problem: look for the following line in the script:

Code: Select all

SQLKnown = idField & " <> """" "
And replace it with:

Code: Select all

SQLKnown = idField & " <> '' "
With this change everything should work fine (you'll need to revert the previous change, i.e. replace ktAlwaysKnown by ktKnownIfNonEmpty back).

Pablo
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:59 am

Post by Pablo » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:28 am

Hmmm... there should be NO SPACE between the two ' in the previous code. Like this: SQLKnown = idField & " <> '' "

pah68
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by pah68 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:44 am

Perfect :wink:

jmaver
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:26 am

Post by jmaver » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:52 pm

I love this script so much!
It replaces all the scripts I wrote myself.
Thanks for making it.

Pablo
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:59 am

Post by Pablo » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:33 pm

jmaver wrote:I love this script so much!
It replaces all the scripts I wrote myself.
Thanks for making it.
Thanks! Good to know I made something useful to others :D.

I have to say that I looked at many other scripts (including yours) for both ideas and programming details, so I see this more as an evolving group project.

By the way, I hope to release an update before next weekend.

sadao
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: Arlington, VA

Post by sadao » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:17 pm

I'm eager to see what you can squeeze into the next revision.

sadao
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: Arlington, VA

Post by sadao » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:18 pm

100 !

(sorry, couldn't resist 8) ).

llwb

CustomNode.1.0.vbs in MediaMonkey\Scripts.ini

Post by llwb » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:18 pm

The CustomNode.1.0.vbs file "cannot be opened"--"error happened during script initialization."
I have made the change in the line as Pablo instructed above.

Can someone please tell me if I have done this part correctly?

[CustomNode.1.0]
FileName=CustomNode.1.0.vbs
ProcName=CustomNode.1.0
Order=2
DisplayName=Custom Node
Description=Create custom nodes
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=0

TIA for any suggestions.
llwb

Pablo
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:59 am

Post by Pablo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:41 pm

llwb,

You DO NOT have to add anything to the scripts.ini file to use the custom node script. What you have to do is place it in the scripts\auto folder (scripts in this folder run automatically so don't need to be declared in the ini file).

jmaver
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:26 am

Feature requests

Post by jmaver » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:09 pm

Two purposes:
1) General fields I could use for "Files to Edit" like functionality:
a) length
b) Leveling

2) General usage - I use the album artist node now almost all the time. I would love to be able to add a few nodes with location filters like this:

Album Artists by location\<path contains "Quarantine">\<Album Artist>\...
Album Artists by location\<path does not contain "Quarantine">\<Album Artist>\...

does not contain could be "is not like" to be more SQL-y.

Pablo
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:59 am

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:08 am

Sadao and jmaver, all of your suggestions are implemented in the new version 8)

tss

Post by tss » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:17 am

Has you changed Custom Nodes to Magic Nodes? I noticed a 1.1 version by chance.

Pablo
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:59 am

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:18 am

Yup, I edited the first post with all the news... may be starting a new thread was a better idea :-?

tss
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:25 am

Post by tss » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:31 am

Yeah I should have looked there too! :)

I have created a "Complete Albums" node as follows:

Code: Select all

Complete Albums\<Artist|all:no|Unknown:no>\<Album|all:no|Min tracks:5|Unknown:no>
This works great except it creates nodes for all artists, whereas I only want artists that have complete albums. Is there any way I can supress nodes that don't have any subnodes?

Have you thought of adding this functionality? I wouldn't mind adding it myself if you don't have time.

Pablo
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:59 am

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:43 am

Yes, it's in the "to do" list. If you want to give it a try that's perfectly fine with me :D

For some combinations it already works that way, but it doesn't work if all the fields are in the Songs table.

A possible solution for this particular case would be to use a SQL filter that filters tracks which are in albums with at least 5 tracks (this would work best with album artists since there may be albums with 5 tracks but all from different artists).

Another partial solution is to also add |min tracks:5 to the Artist field. This will at least filter out those artists who don't have 5 tracks in all their albums combined.

Locked