Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Sure its possible.

Line 927, comment it out.

Code: Select all

Sub ResetCustomNodeRoot
	Dim i
	SDB.Objects("CustomNodeRoot").Expanded = False
' 	SDB.Objects("CustomNodeRoot").Expanded = True
	For i=1 to MasksInIniFile
		If getIniMask(i) <> "" And getQualifierValue(getIniMask(i),"child of","MAGIC", True)="MAGIC" Then 
			SDB.Objects("CustomNodeRoot").Visible = True
			Exit Sub
		End if
	Next
	SDB.Objects("CustomNodeRoot").Visible = False
End Sub
confyoosed

Post by confyoosed »

Teknojnky wrote:Sure its possible.

Line 927, comment it out.

Sub ResetCustomNodeRoot
	Dim i
	SDB.Objects("CustomNodeRoot").Expanded = False
' 	SDB.Objects("CustomNodeRoot").Expanded = True
	For i=1 to MasksInIniFile
		If getIniMask(i) <> "" And getQualifierValue(getIniMask(i),"child of","MAGIC", True)="MAGIC" Then 
			SDB.Objects("CustomNodeRoot").Visible = True
			Exit Sub
		End if
	Next
	SDB.Objects("CustomNodeRoot").Visible = False
End Sub
That'll do it. Gracias.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Pablo and others!
The newly added feature in Magic Nodes which ignores THE when it sorts. It's actually not optimally implemented. The sorting gets wrong if the artist starts with THEXXXXX (e.g. Thee Shatners, Therese, Theatre of Tragedy, etc).

It's better to do the comparison on 'the ' instead of 'the'.
To change this, locate this:

OrderField = "IIF(Left("  & Field & ", 3)='The', Right(" & Field & ", Len(" & Field & ") - 4)," & Field & ")"
And replace with this:

OrderField = "IIF(Left("  & Field & ", 4)='The ', Right(" & Field & ", Len(" & Field & ") - 4)," & Field & ")"
Actually this code is better since it is a little bit faster:

OrderField = "IIF(Left("  & Field & ", 4)='The ', Mid(" & Field & ", 5)," & Field & ")"
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks Bex!!! The next release will contain your improvement :D
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Pablo wrote:Thanks Bex!!! The next release will contain your improvement :D
Hi folks,

I am sorry because I'm late, but I started to play with MM & MN just recently. Actually, I discovered a different solution for the mentioned problem. It works not only with "The", but also with any of prefixes defined in the Options dialog box ("A", "An", "Le", ...). Also, with my corrections there is not a problem with artists like "Therese" and similar.

There was also a problem with prefixes and grouping with trim options, which I've removed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please try following:

"Album artist (by year)\<album artist|trim:1>\<album artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)>"

You'll get A, B, C... on the first level, and authors on the second, but authors with "The" prefix will be all inside of "T" node. Now, with my correction this will not happening anymore.

Also, I've removed a nasty behavior with dialog box which doesn't displayed OK and Cancel button on my computer. (You could see in this thread, there was some folks with the same problem.)

Pablo, if you want, I can send you the modified .vbs file, to take it in consideration.
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

With the filter command, is there a way to not include specific text in a node?

eg:

Depository:|child of:artist|filter:Store='depot'\<artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)>

store is a custom1 node I created, and I want the node to not include files marked with the text 'singles'

Anyway to do this?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't know if you can do it with a filter, but you can definitely do it with an sql filter:

Depository:|child of:artist|SQL filter:Songs.Custom1 NOT LIKE 'singles'\<artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)>
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

that did it, thanks.
Mascis

Post by Mascis »

Winamp follower for years in a row, since 2006 a happy MM Gold User :)
Mascis

Post by Mascis »

btw,

i'm using this magic node:

Involved people|child of:artist|icon:top level\<involved people|trim:1>\<involved people>
for it to work, I had to change the following:

.Add "INVOLVED PEOPLE", ktKnownIfLinked
for:

.Add "INVOLVED PEOPLE", ktKnownIfNonEmpty
or else it would give me some sql error

did i done right?
Winamp follower for years in a row, since 2006 a happy MM Gold User :)
MM_Girl

just wanted to give props

Post by MM_Girl »

Pablo --

Obviously your script has been around for a very long time and obviously it is very loved, but I just wanted to send some very well-deserved props your way for creating it. I have used it for so long now that I don't even remember the Monkey without it. Recently, I had to perform a reinstallation and didn't have my nodes installed at first - and felt completely lost! I couldn't find anything 8)

SO - this very long-winded thanks is really just to say "thank you for creating a script I simply cannot live without".

Post by Guest »

Hi !

I use these to sort my music collection without the compilation cds ( i have all of them under the tag Various Artists in the AlbumArtist field.

Album Artists No Comp.|shortcut:Ctrl+F8|child of:artist|filter:'Various Artists'\<Album Artist>\<Album|Sort by:max(year)>
Now I would like to create a node that shows only my Compilations sorted by Album name. I dont know how to do it.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thx
pietzke

Post by pietzke »

I can't work out to get the "unknown" nodes dissapear.

I used this for example:

Album artists\<artist|unknown:no>
But there is still the "Unknown" node directly under "Album Artists"

Same for any other nodes.

Did I use the wrong terms?
Jay Levitt

Post by Jay Levitt »

I'm having trouble understanding how nested booleans work in filters. The following filter works as expected - it shows either unrated or not-too-poorly-rated songs of all genres except those I don't want to hear:

Everything but|filter:((rating>=2 or rating<0) and genre not in ('Showtunes', 'Comedy', 'Soundtrack', 'Religious', 'Chorus', 'Classical'))\<Artist>
So it should seem that I can nest parentheses. But when I try to allow highly-rated songs even from those genres:

Everything but|filter:((rating>=2 or rating<0) and genre not in ('Showtunes', 'Comedy', 'Soundtrack', 'Religious', 'Chorus', 'Classical')) or rating>=4\<Artist>
I start getting unrated Comedy/Soundtrack/etc songs. When I swap the order of the clauses, though:

Everything but|filter:rating>=4 or ((rating>=2 or rating<0) and genre not in ('Showtunes', 'Comedy', 'Soundtrack', 'Religious', 'Chorus', 'Classical'))\<Artist>
it works properly. Any thoughts on why?
pietzke

Post by pietzke »

pietzke wrote:I can't work out to get the "unknown" nodes dissapear.

I used this for example:

Album artists\<artist|unknown:no>
But there is still the "Unknown" node directly under "Album Artists"

Same for any other nodes.

Did I use the wrong terms?
No Ideas? But the terms should be correct, shouldn't?