Thanks Bex!!! The next release will contain your improvement
I am sorry because I'm late, but I started to play with MM & MN just recently. Actually, I discovered a different solution for the mentioned problem. It works not only with "The", but also with any of prefixes defined in the Options dialog box ("A", "An", "Le", ...). Also, with my corrections there is not a problem with artists like "Therese" and similar.
There was also a problem with prefixes and grouping with trim options, which I've removed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please try following:
"Album artist (by year)\<album artist|trim:1>\<album artist>\<album|sort by:max(year)>"
You'll get A, B, C... on the first level, and authors on the second, but authors with "The" prefix will be all inside of "T" node. Now, with my correction this will not happening anymore.
Also, I've removed a nasty behavior with dialog box which doesn't displayed OK and Cancel button on my computer. (You could see in this thread, there was some folks with the same problem.)
Pablo, if you want, I can send you the modified .vbs file, to take it in consideration.